*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

bananasownapple

D:

Postby bananasownapple » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:21 am

It is sad to see my favorite show is coming to an end, but I have a feeling that the show will make it to at least season 20.

What will probably happen is like someone said how Randy and Sharon might not be divorced and Randy and Sharon and just driving separate cars.

What will probably happen is in the next episode Randy and Sharon will be back together, and it will end up that by same sh*t they actually meant sh*tty house, and they moved, like a normal SP twist.

And Stan will probably find a cure and he will be with his friends again and then it will hopefully be all back to normal.

We went through a losing of Chef, and we made it. I have already forgotten about him. So ya never know...
pellegrd

really???

Postby pellegrd » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:41 am

am i the only one that sees this? this show is over, theres no way its going to live to see a season 16...i said it right after comedy central pissed them off by censoring those 200, 201 episodes, and this seams to be one of the worst over all seasons-so far. I LOVE south park, and as awful life is going to be without it, it seems as if its over. RIP South Park.
plana arium

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby plana arium » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:47 am

i will jump off the empire state building if this is the last season if so i have no motivation or a reason to live
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:10 am

I can't wait till it renews for a few more seasons and it throws everyone in for a loop. :lol:
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Brian in FL

Re:

Postby Brian in FL » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:21 am

JoshM wrote:It kinda of annoys me that people don't see the underlying messages in these episodes. This season especially. This one focused on the poor state of the world and it's propaganda and crap filled media and entertainment. Also of course the ostracization of critical thinking and rightfully cynical people, Kyle being the example, who do really see things as they are and wanting to change it.

I have been sort-of thinking the same thing about people not noticing the underlying messages, at least as of late.

There were many people earlier in the post (the first few days) that did a great job of analyzing the episode and sharing what they though the meaning was behind some of what we had seen in the show.

One thing that I have noticed is that some of the people who have posted here seemed to watch the show just as the cartoon that it is and some really looked much deeper for the underlying messages.

I personally think that Matt and Trey have given us the most insight into their thoughts in this episode that they ever have in the history of South Park. I also think that they were smart enough to observe a life lesson- do not allow yourself to be "stuck" in the past because if you do, you will not grow as a person and you will not reach your full potential in life and they were nice enough to share this amazing insight and life lesson with us.

Watching this episode was life-changing for me. I have been stuck in a rut for a long time and pretty miserable. What I learned from this episode is that it is important to self-reflect from time-to-time in order to learn what you are really looking for out of life. This changes from one phase of life to another. You should not remain locked into what was right for you at a different phase of life but find what is right for you now and pursue it.

It will be very interesting to hear Matt and Trey's commentary on this episode when the Season 15 DVD Set comes out.
kukukachu

Re: Re:

Postby kukukachu » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:26 am

Brian in FL wrote:
Watching this episode was life-changing for me. I have been stuck in a rut for a long time and pretty miserable. What I learned from this episode is that it is important to self-reflect from time-to-time in order to learn what you are really looking for out of life. This changes from one phase of life to another. You should not remain locked into what was right for you at a different phase of life but find what is right for you now and pursue it.

Right, but surrounded by actual turds and poo. Which is truly why SP is awesome. If I wanted to watch some dramatic pussy sitcom, I'd watch Grey's Anatomy.
If Chewbacca lives on Endor, then you must acquit!
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:42 am

Brian in FL wrote:It will be very interesting to hear Matt and Trey's commentary on this episode when the Season 15 DVD Set comes out.

YES :!: :!: :!:
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
kukukachu

Postby kukukachu » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:25 am

CartmansWhore wrote:
Brian in FL wrote:It will be very interesting to hear Matt and Trey's commentary on this episode when the Season 15 DVD Set comes out.

YES :!: :!: :!:

Definitely.
If Chewbacca lives on Endor, then you must acquit!
JVM

Postby JVM » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:26 am

Too many people are looking for messages in Stan. I personally have been focusing on Sharon and Randy's argument for the meanings, because that's where they really are. As a matter-of-a-fact, I think the use of sh*t was not solely intended to represent cynicism, but also chosen because of the stereotype of South Park being nothing but "fart jokes" - they purposely set this up to be the kind of episode we normally would find disgusting just to make the point that it "keeps getting more ridiculous"

They're not making fun of "the media". I hate that term. Maybe the entertainment industry, but there is no "the media" - if there was a "the media" then there wouldn't be a Fox News AND an MSNBC. I could go on but people act like the industries of the world are a giant propaganda machine for whoever's in power but it's not. There's people in the industries who hated Bush while he was in power, and hate Obama while he is. There's no global agreement across every television channel, show, commercial, etc.

The message behind the episode was simply that Matt and Trey are that when you grow older you become more cynical, and that things change and we have to accept it. They've grown up with South Park, and even though they've built their whole lives around, it's time for the boys to grow up, and for them to move on with their lives.

While there is a deep meaning her, I think people are looking hard to find additional meanings, but I don't think it goes much beyond that.

Is South Park coming to an end? It's very likely. And at first I was heartbroken - I've invested the last five years of my life into this show, hell it's the only show on television I really go the extra mile for, I've written probably a hundred fics based on it, and now it's over. But you know what, even if it's coming to an end, it's clear it's ending with a bang, and I'm okay with that. I'm glad M&T are taking their time to wrap things up rather than overstuffing the last episode trying to tie up a million little threads.

Hell if I look at it, I think they knew of this at least by Season 14A - we've found out why Kyle's mom is a bitch, why Mr. Mackey is a counselor, the identity of Cartman's father, Pip is dead, Towelie's clean off drugs, we found out Cartman's dreams, Kenny's powers have been explained, we discovered why Randy become a counselor, we've even glimpsed more recently the potential friendships between Kyle and Cartman, gone even deeper into Cartman's complex psychosis as well as Tuong Lu Kim's.

All good things must come to an end, and we should be glad Trey and Matt are taking things slow and not just hoping to cram EVERYTHING into one last half-hour where everything is conveniently revealed at the same time.

Also it just occurred to me, on a completely unrelated topic, am I the only one who think it would be interesting if Randy and Liane hooked up? :P

Edit: Forgot to say - my opinion on Stan's placement in South Park is while he has not left the town, I believe he has moved to a different section of it. The new house he lives in looks very different from the traditional design and pretty much every house we've seen on the show save Token's is that design. So perhaps they moved to a different district.

But even if Stan's been "written out" he'll be back - Trey and Matt said in 2002 while Kenny was still "permanently dead" he would be back for the final episode (at the time set for the end of Season 7) as they wanted everybody in there. I'm confident if nothing else, Stan will return to see the show end.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Huckle

Postby Huckle » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:46 am

I think, as we've all watched South Park from its inception and until the latest episode aired recently, we've learned something today (and every other day.) One of which is that, undeniably, Matt and Trey are very purposeful people.

After I watched the most recent episode, I needed to clear my mind. I was absolutely shocked how things wrapped up in the mid-season finale. I started searching websites for reviews to find out what people thought, and, of course, I checked the forums on SPS. Currently, I agree with the consensus. It seems as if Matt and Trey are tired of SP and could possibly be moving closer to a series conclusion. But, as I watched the final "Landslide" clip on this website tonight, I thought of something that may be encouraging, albeit unlikely in its formulation.

As I mentioned that Matt and Trey are purposeful people, I would find it extremely unlikely if their chosen song for the ending montage, "Landslide," was placed their without complete consideration. When I read the lyrics over, I saw some interesting lines.

First, the line, "Can the child within my heart rise above." I think, possibly, this line is referencing the fact that Matt and Trey are still children at heart, and perhaps they can overcome their more adult selves. As adults, they are tired of South Park, but maybe they're trying or desiring to return to the state in which they loved making South Park, when they had the type of passion that only children possess.

Secondly, the line, "Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?" I think this line may be referring to either the fact that our world is changing or the fact that recent episodes have been receiving less than stellar reviews. When the tides change, you can't just take a rest. You have to sail through it, and I think Matt and Trey might be asking themselves if they can just "sail" through it all. Whether it be changing political and social climates or media and fan-based criticisms.

I think that almost surely this last episode is a deep look at Matt and Trey's desire to keep the show going.
Quite possibly, it's an examination directed at themselves questioning if they can push through these difficult times and deliver the types of episodes that fans and critics alike have come to admire, or if the cost to themselves is too great. Regardless, Matt and Trey are definitely in a tough position.

Granted, I may be reading into it too much, and I probably am. But, possibly, their inclusion of the song "Landslide" is another way to relay their message. Any way, I find it encouraging to think that maybe Matt and Trey can make it through these next couple of months to craft maybe just a few more seasons.

Please, let me know what everyone thinks, or if I'm off-base in this possible analysis, which I find highly likely.
stryker9

Postby stryker9 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:39 am

GancStar wrote:To busy with their musical to pump out decent episodes... SMDH

They should make a SP episode about have gay musicals are.

dude where the hell habe you been they did that in "elementray school musical" and a little bit in "royal pudding" :unhoodedkenny: :mrgreen: :cartmanlaugh: :frozenkenny: :chaos: :craig:
-Stryker Cartman
stryker9

Re: D:

Postby stryker9 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:52 am

bananasownapple wrote:It is sad to see my favorite show is coming to an end, but I have a feeling that the show will make it to at least season 20.

What will probably happen is like someone said how Randy and Sharon might not be divorced and Randy and Sharon and just driving separate cars.

What will probably happen is in the next episode Randy and Sharon will be back together, and it will end up that by same sh*t they actually meant sh*tty house, and they moved, like a normal SP twist.

And Stan will probably find a cure and he will be with his friends again and then it will hopefully be all back to normal.

We went through a losing of Chef, and we made it. I have already forgotten about him. So ya never know...

omg see this is what im talking about these greedy basterds like this turdwho WANTS it to make it to season 20 i mean come the fuc* on guys we want it to go out strong i mean M&T have brought us a EPIC cartoon that will last for ages and you want to mess up all of the shows reputation i mean do you WANT the show to be like the simpsons who overkilled it btw and ruined the show or do you want it to go out strong like sienfeld and be rememberd and loved for centuries because sienfeld no doubt will so lets add south park to the list this time in a shows lifespan is when the real fans who love south park in their hearts and familys are seperated from the people who just see it as another cartoon. so whats it going to be make it a well respected cartoon to last ages or make another simpsons shi* cartoon... the choice is your so which fan are you and whats it going to be???? :frozenkenny: :santa: :unhoodedkenny: :chaos: :cartmansmile:
-Stryker Cartman
gotmedicinal?

Postby gotmedicinal? » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:13 am

I love SP
I know what they mean, everything around us is seeming to be sh*t lately, shows, movies, music, its not just that we're all getting older.

Idk how anyone can fix this streak of crap.......except SP.

I can still remember watching the first episode when Cartman got anal probed,
"No kitty this is my pot pie! Bad kitty!"
Then farts his kitty on fire.

I've looked forward to it every year since.
Adan1992

Postby Adan1992 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:08 am

I am contempt with this being the end, I've watched the show since it's beginning (Yeah I was 5 in 1997, obviously I watched them later so I'd actually understand lmao) but, as someone who's watched Jesus v Frosty/Santa, the unaired version of CGAAP, and every single episode, and the movie (and suffered through the N64 video game along with Tower Defense), this would be a great way to go, the show has had a few misses (Season 10 anyone?) and these last two seasons have seen turbulence within South Park Studios courtesy of Pimp Daddy Comedy Central cowering like babies, and the general growing pains of being on for so long, while I hate to say it, it needs to go, it does NOT want to be like the Simpsons (13 years overdue imho) where it's remembered as that show that shot up strong and keeled over with a mediocre face.
Unlike some, I'd be okay with this, this was an amazing finale, it was an amazing show, its time to move on, maybe throw out another South Park movie within the next few years to seal the deal. :)

Long rant short: South Park is a good show, its hitting the ripe old age of 14, its creeping close to overstaying its welcome, if it goes, it would do the show so much justice. I'd be happy, and I'm sure Matt, Trey, and the staff at SPS would be relieved as well.

You guys have done amazing work, this show has shaped the way I think, write, and has inspired me to become an animator. I love they show, and now is the time to close the curtain and close an amazing chapter in animation and television.
Jordan Johnson Studios (my website) Click now and enjoy!
Find me on Twitter: @jwjstudios
MysteriousMysterion

Postby MysteriousMysterion » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:19 am

If I could say You guys are all relatively retarded for thinking this is the end of south park, since matt and trey would never do it like this anyway, without getting a million flames, I'd be sooooo happy :craig:

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”