*1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: *1509: The Last of the Meheecans* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:28 pm

In which case he has Cartman grandparents and Tenorman grandparents.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:46 pm

I guess Tweek didn't want to play. :(
maxbjr

Postby maxbjr » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:16 pm

James--76 wrote:Fat ass will take things far too seriouslah and let his "job" go to his head just like when he became hall monitor that time.

Of course he will, thats what makes Cartman so damn funny.
JerWu17

Postby JerWu17 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:41 pm

Pip Tweek wrote:I guess Tweek didn't want to play. :(

A high-stake border war between the Mexicans and Texans? That's WAY too much pressure for Tweek! :tweek:

I'm looking forward to this one. Looks like it will be a mish-mash of Red Badge of Gayness/Return of the Fellowship of the Ring.../Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy/Fatbeard, all of which Fatass had great, funny roles in.

Given the recent heated (and sometimes racially-charged...unfortunately) retoric about illegals and border security, I can't wait to see what Matt & Trey has to say about this matter. I trust that they will deliver a balanced, rational view as they did with Goobacks and Fatbeard.

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:28 pm

The description says Fatass joins the Border Patrol, but based on this image:

it looks like he's hooking up with a vigilante group of wanna-be border cops.
It figures that Fatass will flourish in a position of self-imposed authority where he can be a racist little pig fucker.

Obviously this isn't the first time they've gotten into immigration on the show with Goobacks and all. Seems local news out on the west coast might be making it's way into this week's episode. The State of California recently passed it's version of the Dream Act which among other things, allows the offspring of illegal immigrants to pay in-state tuition at public universities. These are kids that were brought to this country by their parents and had no choice as to where they grew up so after spending their formative years in a America it seems perfectly fair to me. Why should they be punished for something their parents did? We're not Klingons.

The racially tinged 'border security' crowd don't take kindly to that idea though, because nothing short of systematically rounding up 5% of America's population and deporting them will make them happy.

Another likely influence for this episode may be the National Geographic Channel's show "Border Wars" where camera crews follow Border Security around as they chase immigrants and drug runners. I've seen a few episodes and it's really quaint how the agents they talk to think they're actually making a difference in either of those struggles.

You read it! You can't unread it!
RichardV1150

Postby RichardV1150 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:55 pm

The description for this episode foretells of a very different episode. It's not gonna just be Cartman playing Texas vs Mexicans with the boys. That will probably be the beginning of the episode. It is likely that Eric will get noticed for his skills by the actual U.S. boarder patrol and will get recruited. Kyle, being the sensitive guy, will be against keeping immigrants out and will be against Cartman. He will most likely go to help out the Mexicans by trying to pass a bill or something. So it looks like their just tackling this political issue, not portraying it.
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
UhhIDontKnow

Postby UhhIDontKnow » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:26 pm

Sounds like some good watchin' coming up. Loved the forks Cartman had taped on top of the border wall around his house (which I guess will be Texas).
JerWu17

Postby JerWu17 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:33 pm

Yep, that rag-tag group of men Cartman's with in that press image looks more like a band of "derka der" vigilantes. Giving how mentally-narrow many of these people are, Cartman will easily win his authoritah over them just like what he did with the drunk Civil War reinactors and the Somalian pirates.

As to what role Kyle might play, I don't think whatever he (or Stan) does will go to the left of M&T's viewpoint. Judging from Stan's concluding statements in Goobacks, M&T do appear to be somewhat left-of-center when it comes to illegal immigration. So I won't be surprised if Kyle take action against the excesses of Cartman's vigilante team. But helping to pass a political bill to help Mexicans? Probably too far out in the left field.

The only times I see M&T fully aligning their viewpoints with left-wing movements are in Breast Cancer Show Ever and Dances with Smurfs, and both times they use Wendy (the liberal character) to portray their views.

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:08 pm

NeuroHeart wrote:
Mamont wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:Besides, everyone should have/have had two grandmothers and two grandfathers.

I don't, and I'm pretty shure neither does Cartman. He killed his father, so I think his grandfather (if he even knows he is Cartmans granfather) is quite upset with him.

Human beings do not reproduce by asexual cell division. Ergo, you have two sets of grandparents whether you know them and speak to them or not. Now, I doubt it's a paternal grandparent on the phone for Cartman, but it's incorrect to say that he doesn't have paternal grandparents.

God I love smart women.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
flippityfloppityfloo

Postby flippityfloppityfloo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:09 pm

I'm gonna be disappointed if Mr/Mrs Garrison isn't in there somewhere. He/she is always trying to get rid of the Mexicans on Christmas episodes.
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:11 pm

JerWu17 wrote:Yep, that rag-tag group of men Cartman's with in that press image looks more like a band of "derka der" vigilantes. Giving how mentally-narrow many of these people are, Cartman will easily win his authoritah over them just like what he did with the drunk Civil War reinactors and the Somalian pirates.

As to what role Kyle might play, I don't think whatever he (or Stan) does will go to the left of M&T's viewpoint. Judging from Stan's concluding statements in Goobacks, M&T do appear to be somewhat left-of-center when it comes to illegal immigration. So I won't be surprised if Kyle take action against the excesses of Cartman's vigilante team. But helping to pass a political bill to help Mexicans? Probably too far out in the left field.

The only times I see M&T fully aligning their viewpoints with left-wing movements are in Breast Cancer Show Ever and Dances with Smurfs, and both times they use Wendy (the liberal character) to portray their views.

LOL, what???????

It's considered "left-wing" to support breast cancer awareness???????

No, that's rubbish. People on the right-wing and left-wing don't want women to have breast cancer. Only inhumane weirdos want them to.

Or are you talking about Wendy sticking up to Cartman and fighting him? Women standing up to men? I guess that could be considered feminism from M&T.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.

Postby 203177 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:38 pm

who's in butters group besides kenny and stan and kyle? did anyone else spot another character?
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
MoonBear70

Postby MoonBear70 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:37 pm

Can't wait for this one!! Looks like M&T are back to making epic shows again!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:48 pm

203177 wrote:who's in butters group besides kenny and stan and kyle? did anyone else spot another character?

Jimmy and... I don't know who's wearing the hat.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
John_117

Postby John_117 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:52 pm

Cartman, the racist fatass, is joining border patrol? This could get interesting.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”