*1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

JVM

Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby JVM » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:11 am

Fun Fact Time!

In Trey Parker's original script for "Starvin Marvin", Kenny's sister IS mentioned at the dinner table in the final scene.

Don't believe me? Go check the Scriptorium - but not the usual transcriptions. Go to the main page for the Episode Guide where it mentions the original scripts from SPS before they were taken down, then open the one for Starvin Marvin.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.

Postby 203177 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:23 am

this ep looks fascinating i hope its good. im kinda starting to feel bad for kenny now. it might be a cliff hanger but i hope it won't. we already had one for your getting old. i wonder why they were sent to foster care?
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:31 am

203177 wrote:this ep looks fascinating i hope its good. im kinda starting to feel bad for kenny now. it might be a cliff hanger but i hope it won't. we already had one for your getting old. i wonder why they were sent to foster care?

Well their parents are in jail, and I'm assuming they either have no canonical relatives or were disowned by their relatives, so there's nowhere to place the kids.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:09 am

JVM wrote:Hell, finally confirmation Karen exists?

That Kenny has a younger sister is undoubted. But, where is she called Karen?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:32 am

Big-Will wrote:
JVM wrote:Hell, finally confirmation Karen exists?

That Kenny has a younger sister is undoubted. But, where is she called Karen?

Probably nowhere official.

There was a Wikipedia debacle several years ago with two unsourced notes saying Matt Stone referred to her as Karen, and alternatively that she'd been mentioned to him and he'd said she was "news to him". The second note I struck away personally since it was new, but I don't know where the old one came from. The name just stuck I guess.

I'd say it was somewhat doubtful prior to now as she'd only made one appearance and was never referred to. I counted her as a McCormick family member, but not being present at several family dinners was explainable, but suspicious. Not that that stopped me from heavily using her in fanfics.
MoonBear70

Postby MoonBear70 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:31 pm

YAY!! Finally a Kenny episode!! Can't wait! Wonder why the McCormicks are going to jail...... :?
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:03 pm

Kenny with his brother and sister. I'm on pins and needles!
In the end I think this season will turn up pretty well.
Bubbl3wrapGuy

Postby Bubbl3wrapGuy » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:06 pm

What i'm hoping for:

-Kenny taking off his hood just for a bit (Maybe to comfort his sister)

-Karen (Or whatever they may call her) will speak

-One of the other main boys parents will adopt at least kenny

-Cartman will act like he deeply cares, then do some harsh prank or joke at the end and mess it all up

-It ends on a clifffhanger

Also I've noticed all the boys seem to have growing up episodes this season - Cartman in 1%, stan in You're getting old and Ass Burgers, butters in City Sushi (Sort of, he burns his costumes, like the fact he throws the Prof chaos mask back into the box before he can burn it, hinting at anothe rchaos episode), maybe this is kenny's.
OctopusSandwich

Postby OctopusSandwich » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:52 pm

I had a feeling this would be about Kenny and his parents. I wish I had posted it in the other thread.

Looks like a great episode. Can't wait.
KennyKicksAss

Postby KennyKicksAss » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:01 pm

Yay! I'm so glad they're ending the season on a Kenny episode, I was really hoping there'd be at least one. Hopefully there's plenty of Kenny, and maybe some unhooded Kenny. I'd really like to see some more Mysterion but I doubt it'll be part of this episode. I hope it's not another cliffhanger though, I'd hate to wait that long to see how it turns out.
Psycho Mysterion tattoo

Poor Kenny, trapped forever on my back...

Ah, the memories...

Favourite character: Kenny
Favourite episode: Mysterion Rises
cynthia325

Postby cynthia325 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:19 pm

Kenny episode! If this season ends as a cliff hanger I'll be stunned... but nonetheless I bet the season will end well =)

And btw Cartman is still the biggest assh*le in the world :lol:
Love him!
Livster493

Postby Livster493 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:23 pm

Finally! Kenny had absolutely no role in this entire season until now. It'll be interesting to see the relationship Kenny has with his family.
As for Cartman....he's a great character and all but he hogs up so much of the screen time. I'm getting kind of sick of him.
99 i fail

Postby 99 i fail » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:38 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote:
Grievous George wrote:No Christmas episode? WTF are you guys on!?!?!?

As Season 15B is ending near Thanksgiving, we had a Thanksgiving episode last week. But Christmas? That's too far away.

Look back at other Christmas episodes:

Season One's Episode 10: Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo. It's original air date was 12-17-1997; pretty close to Christmas if you ask me.

Season Two's Episode 14: Merry Christmas, Charlie Manson! It's original air date was 12-09-1998; again at least in the month Christmas is in.

Season Three's Episode 15: Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics had it's original air date of 12-01-1999, followed by Episode 16: Are You There God? It's Me, Jesus, with it's original air date of 12-29-1999.

Season Four's Episode 17's A Very Crappy Christmas had it's original air date of 12-20-2000.

Shall I jump to Season Six's Episode 17: Red Sleigh Down with an original air date of 12-11-2002 or Season Seven's Episode 15: It's Christmas in Canada which aired on 12-17-2003?

As you can see, Christmas episodes aired in December; South Park no longer has new shows in December. They wouldn't even be airing new shows this late in the year if it wasn't for the delay of the making of the Broadway Stage Play: "The Book of Mormon" earlier this year.

So no, Grievous George, no Christmas episode this year. At least we're in November and had a Thanksgiving episode; haven't had one of those since Season Four's Episode 14: Helen Keller, the Musical which originally aired very close to Thanksgiving on 11-22-2000.

And don't forget Woodland Critter Christmas, season 8 episode 14 Christmas eppy that aired on December 15th.

Finally! The Kenny episode we've all been w8ing 4! Those clowns look scary.

And just to let you know: It's widely accepted (but not that official) that Kenny's mom is Carol, Kenny's brother is Kevin, and Kenny's sister is Karen, although that;s subject to change.
I knew they'd do a Kenny eppy at the end of the run!
Last edited by 99 i fail on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maxbjr

Postby maxbjr » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Great there's a Kenny episode this year, even better it includes his entire family. Like everyone else, I hope we learn more about Kenny, his brother and sister, and yes even his parents. I'm betting the Cartman subplot will involve Eric somehow getting Kenny's family back together, (much like he did for Kyle in Smug episode.) But I'm also hoping Cartman doesn't eat up too much show time. I'd rather focus on Kenny and family. If this episode ends up being a cliffhanger to resovled next season, that would suck/be great all at the same time. It would suck because of the wait involved. Be great because of the detail in the story involved.

P.S. I'm really hoping they don't bring in a one off new kid for Cartman's amusement. If they doing bring in a new kid(s), at least keep em around in the background for the next two years.
TheJOJ96

Postby TheJOJ96 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:08 pm

There's finally a Kenny episode! I hope he takes his hood off. :unhoodedkenny: I'd like it if there was some weird twist (Like in 1%). For example, Kenny could die in the middle of the episode and be sent to Hell to hang out with Satan and his new lover, Gadhafi. I'd like to see cheesing (from Major Boobage) return too.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”