*1603: Faith Hilling* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:44 am

JerWu17 wrote:Whatever the "faith hilling" process may be, I'm guessing that it'll be a spoof on the the whole idea of faith healing, with Faith Hill thrown into the process.

Judging by the boys' undercover mission, it seems like the "other species" may refer to the 2012 Republican candidates and adherants of their platform (more focused on intelligent design and/or social issues a la Santorum maybe?).

Man I hope this episode turns out good. I had great hopes for 1602 last week but it turned out rather underwhelming...

The other species might be cats, as seen in the second picture. Looks like Mr. Kitty is ready to attack Cartman. :lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:45 am

Uhh... don't know what to think of this. The clip was a lil' weird. I dunno why the boys would be at some presidential debate thing if it looks like they're going to screw it up. Dunno what 'Faith Hilling' would be about. The info has me a little confused. I wonder who or what could be evolving alongside mankind. Maybe it's cats based off the image?? lol I'm highly skeptical about this week's. It just gives off a weird feeling. I really hope it isn't too political or anything, I don't follow politics at all. I don't even know who's trying to run this year. :/ I hope it's a funny episode and focuses on the kids. Maybe it will be one of those surprising good episodes. For now... don't have my hopes up.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
JerWu17

Postby JerWu17 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:50 am

Big-Will wrote:
JerWu17 wrote:Whatever the "faith hilling" process may be, I'm guessing that it'll be a spoof on the the whole idea of faith healing, with Faith Hill thrown into the process.

Judging by the boys' undercover mission, it seems like the "other species" may refer to the 2012 Republican candidates and adherants of their platform (more focused on intelligent design and/or social issues a la Santorum maybe?).

Man I hope this episode turns out good. I had great hopes for 1602 last week but it turned out rather underwhelming...

The other species might be cats, as seen in the second picture. Looks like Mr. Kitty is ready to attack Cartman. :lol:

Or...they might be cats who have have rapidly evolved into human-like form with the political belief of the Republican candidates! The intrigue deepens...

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:24 am

Is there something that Faith Hill has done in her career or life that M&T might be referencing in the "verb" -----> "somebody might try to Faith Hill this event." "Nobody is Faith Hilling on my watch." ?

I know she's a singer; I've heard her songs (as we all have). But I am unfamiliar with what the act of a "Faith Hill" could be - perhaps referring to something she has done in her career or personal life. Here's a link to her wiki. Perhaps I should look in TMZ instead of wiki :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faith_Hill

EDIT:

This might be it; a crotch grabbing incident of her husband by a fan.

My thanks to my friend Google for this info:

http://icydk.com/2007/09/05/faith-hill- ... -incident/
Hydroleaf

Postby Hydroleaf » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:54 am

This episode looks so interesting! What the heck could Faith Hilling be, though? I don't know anything about her. I'm glad to see all the boys and Butters. Well, almost all; no Kenny. Hope he plays a part, too. This episode looks so cool! X3

I wonder why Stan is "Tango". Tango means T in military code. Wouldn't it be more appropriate for him to be Sierra or Mike? Also, in the pictures, why are Cartman and Butters sharing a desk (unless everyone is sharing a desk)? And how will Mr. Kitty play a role? Maybe humanity and Republicans are both evolving, but it is revealed that felines and humanity are the actual ones evolving? Uhgg, this is confusing! I'm just going to have to wait and see! X)
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:56 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:Is there something that Faith Hill has done in her career or life that M&T might be referencing in the "verb" -----> "somebody might try to Faith Hill this event." "Nobody is Faith Hilling on my watch.

I've just been racking my brain trying to figure that out. Don't think it'd be the crotch grab.
True clip.was a giggle, even if the beginning sapped my lifeforce a bit. Amos, MR. KITTY! ^_^ Stop being a dildo, Kitty.
Starnz

Postby Starnz » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:15 pm

A play on Tim "Tebowing"?
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:40 pm

Starnz wrote:A play on Tim "Tebowing"?

That might just be a part of the storyline. Also, the cats evolving would mirror Rise of the Planet of the Apes, which was released last summer.
elactor2012

Postby elactor2012 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:07 pm

Maybe this episode has something to do with the whole "End of the world" bullsh*t? :-|
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:56 pm

Hm, the only thing I can think of Faith hill doing lately is the commercial where she sings about football to the tune of a Joan Jett song. I found the whole thing a little offensive, but I doubt it has anything to do with Faith Hilling.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:04 pm

What are all of the kids watching in the first press image that's so important? I hope all of the kids are in on this one, not just the main five.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:06 pm

Hydroleaf wrote:I wonder why Stan is "Tango". Tango means T in military code. Wouldn't it be more appropriate for him to be Sierra or Mike?

Knowing boys at their age, Stan doesn't know how to use the code. TT should be part of a word, like attention or butt. Stan and Kyle use it on each other, heh. "Tango tango, I'm in position." "Copy tango. Clear vantage point?" Faith Hilling seems to be related to the food cart Butters is bringing in, but there's nothing in the news archives about someone throwing food at Faith Hill afaik.

Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:07 pm

elactor2012 wrote:Maybe this episode has something to do with the whole "End of the world" bullsh*t? :-|

That's what I was thinking. Sounds like it could be, sounds like a 'finale' kind of thing. While I'm extremely curious what is evolving and what 'Faith Hilling' might be again, I hope it's light on things I do not know. Don't know anything political-wise and don't give two f*cks about Tim Tebow as I hate football.

I know I'll feel excited come Wed though.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
99 i fail

Postby 99 i fail » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:46 pm

As said, I think this episode will mirror the movie Rise of the Planet of The Apes I think it will be cats because of the press image. Another thing backing that, I heard a friend that actually believes in the little known "The cats have taken over the internet and they're plotting destruction against the world" type of thing.

The preview is confusing, why would there be a GOP debate involved in this? And also, I think "Faith Hilling" along with other elements of this episode will be ridiculous. As probably will the whole episode.

P.S. Whoever said that Shelly is 13, so Stan must be 9 on the "Cash for Gold" Post-air thread, I think you are wrong. My sister is 3 years 11 months older than me, and most of the year we're 4 years older/younger than each other, except for that one month. So even is SP officially said Shelly is 4 years older than Stan, its unlikely they were born on the same day.
Sorry about the off-topic PS, just had to say that.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:57 pm

99 i fail wrote:P.S. Whoever said that Shelly is 13, so Stan must be 9 on the "Cash for Gold" Post-air thread, I think you are wrong. My sister is 3 years 11 months older than me, and most of the year we're 4 years older/younger than each other, except for that one month. So even is SP officially said Shelly is 4 years older than Stan, its unlikely they were born on the same day.

Right. Shelley's birthday is a month after Stan's, so while he's now 10, Shelley's still 13. We haven't had an episode observing any of her birthdays though.

99 i fail wrote:The preview is confusing, why would there be a GOP debate involved in this?

Probably because many, if not all, of them are religious folk, and religious folk don't think much of evolution and would rather creation science be taught in school.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”