*1603: Faith Hilling* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Stanluv25

Re: *1603: Faith Hilling* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:03 pm

Since there is no offical birthday for most of the characters, I say Shelley's is May 24th. I know I read somewhere that is said her birthday was either May 24th or November 24th. I went with May so I'm not sure why November is becoming her birthday all of a sudden. And I haven't been a fan for more than 3 years so her birthday being in May seems pretty fresh still. You get used to certain things and I'm used to saying Shelley's birthday is May 24th. I kinda like that it's two days before Kyle's for some reason. And we all know there is little to no consistency in SP so just because it was picture day doesn't mean they are now in 5th grade. M&T may simply not remember or care the kids already had 4th grade pictures.

ANYWAY back to this episode... I kinda hope cats are the things evolving. I love cats so that would be really cool to see :).
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:05 pm

I, too must remark at the size of that preview clip. That's unprecedented since I've been on SPS.

Also, that seems like the kind of activity that would be deep into a 2nd act or even a 3rd act of an episode. Most of the time, we get a little piece from near the start of the episode. Interesting.

No need to imitate the voices of any of the Republican candidates since the shit they say is already so goddamn funny. (Except for the fact that they're serious.) I keep expecting that at some point (convention, maybe?) there's going to be this big reveal by the GOP saying, "Just kidding, America! Had you going there didn't we? Seriously, here's the candidate we're really going to field..."

I can't even begin to speculate as to the definition of "Faith Hilling". I just hope it doesn't turn out to be something that's too "inside Hollywood."

You read it! You can't unread it!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:13 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:Since there is no offical birthday for most of the characters, I say Shelley's is May 24th.

According to calendars published in the early seasons of the show, it's November 24, lol. On or near Thanksgiving.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:20 pm

^I would know, my birthday is Nov 25th so it does land on Thanksgiving too. :) but it is odd as I have seen it mentioned as May 24th and until we see her celebrate her birthday, it will be in May for me. :)

Haa, I love that line.
yamilynn

Postby yamilynn » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:30 pm

I'm really curious about Mr. Kitty in the pic. Is he/she going to be involve with the Faith Hilling stuff?. I'm so confused with the description :?
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
99 i fail

Postby 99 i fail » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:46 pm

Quote from press release:
Mankind's evolution begins to accelerate at a rapid and disturbing pace.

Our evolution is accelerating right now, but its not really really disturbing, like to the point that it becomes disgusting and gory. So I think this episode may sort of have that "disturbing and disgusting picture" element.

Also, I know i made a P.S. on my last post, but from now on can you address is somewhere else so its not like there's a whole page of countering posts?
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:15 pm

I'm really curious why it is 'disturbing.' And why the boys, or mankind in general, will have to battle it out to the death. Sounds pretty epic and crazy. Then again it could be something very silly. But if it's a battle between humans and cats, I don't know who I'd want to win. :cartmannohat:

Haa, I love that line.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:19 pm

99 i fail wrote:Quote from press release:
Mankind's evolution begins to accelerate at a rapid and disturbing pace.

Our evolution is accelerating right now, but its not really really disturbing, like to the point that it becomes disgusting and gory. So I think this episode may sort of have that "disturbing and disgusting picture" element.

Also, I know i made a P.S. on my last post, but from now on can you address is somewhere else so its not like there's a whole page of countering posts?

You should start a thread about this in Character Discussion. I haven't found a Shelley thread in there that's recent.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:59 pm

I went with May so I'm not sure why November is becoming her birthday all of a sudden.

November 24th is used on the calendars, as Big-Will said, but the reason is November 24th is Shelley Parker's birthday. That's why we have all the Marsh and Broflovski family birthdates - M&T lent off their families' birthdates for them.

Kenny's seems to be stolen from Star Trek, March 22nd is also Cpt. James T. Kirk's birthday.

Not sure where Cartman's is from, but given "Damien", July 1st feels wrong and irrelevant.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:09 pm

^ They are so creative lol. I'm still too used to May so it's staying with me, for now. I hardly go by things said in season 1 since it was so long ago so I don't think Damien has any relevance to Cartman's actual birthday. July 1st seems to be the consensus so again, that' what's sticking with me for now.

Haa, I love that line.
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:30 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:^ They are so creative lol. I'm still too used to May so it's staying with me, for now. I hardly go by things said in season 1 since it was so long ago so I don't think Damien has any relevance to Cartman's actual birthday. July 1st seems to be the consensus so again, that' what's sticking with me for now.

I'm not trying to tell you how to do your stuff - there's nothing wrong with bending a minor rule or two, after all! ;)

I keep Season 1 in canon with my own stuff though, more so than the other early seasons, thus why I reject July 1st.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:18 pm

^ I know, everyone can change a few things from the so-called canon way. :) I have my few things from SP that have been altered. But it's just small things like birthdays and middle names.

Haa, I love that line.
99 i fail

Postby 99 i fail » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 pm

I am extremely sorry for the many off-topic posts that my short P.S. started. Please note I just wanted to address something to a someone, and not to "ruin" the thread. (Say "LOL" on your next on-topic thread post if you thought that (or this message) was funny). But now people can talk about this on my "character birthdays" thread in the Character Discussion subforum.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:34 pm

^ Good idea, I hate venturing off-topic. Back to this episode.

Haa, I love that line.
John_117

Postby John_117 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:35 pm

M&T like messing with us. Correct? When I saw on the news about another "species", I can somehow relate it to Hunger Games. Well I don't know. I'm just guessing. We're gonna have to wait and see.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”