*1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Imy

Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Imy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:15 am

There's a lot of contrast of opinions, more so than usual on this episode! It just validates how good it's stirred up and divided us :lol:

Someone suggested on another forum that M&T "f*cking sh*t up" might be their take on keeping the show fresh. I'm very fond of that thought. Imagine the boys splitting up into their own social groups, that could be fun for a few episodes. Hell, two boys could become romantically involved with eachother and we could watch how that goes down! That persons' one comment has actually made me pretty excited for what's to come, ha.
his name is jard... jared lost weght etn subwy... nwsallone... he liks philidelphia crem ches... :(
tachioner

Postby tachioner » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:51 am

it's been a long time i didn't like an episode that much on the first view

there is just a little thing I don't understant (English is not my native language)... can someone write me what butters says to cartman at the end of the episode ?

please and thank you :)
MoonBear70

Postby MoonBear70 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:03 am

JerWu17 wrote:Oh yeah, almost forgot, but the "Jesus loves me yes I know, for the Republicans tell me so" line was HILARIOUS. I'm saying this as a fellow Christian who is tired of seeing bigoted social conservatives trying to shove their beliefs down others' throats.

I can't comprehend how some of you didn't find this episode to be funny at all. I was downright giddy through the whole thing! :mrgreen:

"......, for the Republicans tell me so" was by far the FUNNIEST line of this episode. Also, "I got the Hebrew-jeebies." :lol:
But few people so far have mentioned T&M poking fun at the BFRO and that silly Finding Bigfoot show on AP. Great parody!
I especially liked Cartman's video of the Jewpacabra. So vague and imprecise, just like most of the footage you see on those monster hunter shows. Poor Bobo. He got it the worst!!
zombiesarecool

Postby zombiesarecool » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:13 am

So next week Cartman gets circumcised?
stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:26 am

It had some good parts, but lost something near the end.
South Park Jesus

Postby South Park Jesus » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:00 pm

The f*ck?! It started off really decent but the middle and especially the end of the episode were a huge disappointment... I knew this episode couldn't live up to its own hype. I'm really tired of random twists being thrown into the recent seasons and I'm starting to realize how much I miss when South Park was a more straight forward comedy. That is easily the worst ending to an episode ever though... just stupid. I don't even care if its a setup for jokes later... that was lame.
Hydroleaf

Postby Hydroleaf » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:18 pm

I liked this episode. It was funny, and I like how Kyle, despite hating Cartman and knowing he's stupid, was nice enough to not let him sit out at night in the cold chained up. I love how at the end, Kyle believed Cartman was Jewish and wasn't lying, but said it so deadpan, if was kind of obvious he was being sarcastic. I liked how they used the supporting kids, like Craig and Token.

I'm not even offended about religion being jabbed at; I actually found it quite funny and understanding why the Bible is thought of as absurd. Heck, it goes back to the "lying or stupid" thing. I just hope no one feels ill towards all theist, for not all of us are inconsiderate. Can't wait for the next episode! :)
South Park Jesus

Postby South Park Jesus » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:26 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:I don't know what next week will be about but I already know it will be better than this. I am predicting this to be the worst episode of the season. For people to love this but hate Cash For Gold... really... don't get it.

How do you get any worse than simultaneously making Cartman a Jew and creating a forced friendship between him and Kyle? They just can't screw sh*t up any worse than they did this week. I agree... in fact if it's not the worst episode from now to the end of South Park's run I foresee myself slowly growing to dislike the series like what happened with the Simpsons. Cash for Gold was great btw... the only thing truly redeeming this season so far.
Marc_Deon

Postby Marc_Deon » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:47 pm

5/10
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:53 pm

How do you get any worse than simultaneously making Cartman a Jew

Cartman won`t remain Jewish just like Stan didn`t remain an alcoholic in "Last of the Meheecans"
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Imy

Postby Imy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:03 pm

The glimmers of the sweet Kyle/Eric friendship is nice in small doses, but it feels very forced in the past couple of episodes. If they wear it out it isn't going to be special anymore, that's my concern.
his name is jard... jared lost weght etn subwy... nwsallone... he liks philidelphia crem ches... :(
maxbjr

Postby maxbjr » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:10 pm

raidpirate52 wrote:Got to love how people did nothing but complaining the last few episodes how Matt and Trey spent too much time on their jokes and this week finally spent more time for a plot, and now you complain there wasn't enough stupid jokes.

smh.

I have to agree, some people are just never happy.
maxbjr

Postby maxbjr » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:20 pm

JVM wrote:Fun fact you guys

At EXACTLY twenty minutes in at the Easter Egg Hunt, you can spot Betsy Donovan in the bottom right. Check it out.

Wonder if she (or her parents) ever had any dealings with the Cthulu cult :P
raidpirate52

Postby raidpirate52 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:22 pm

Did everyone forget about the Titanic? It was exactly 100 years ago last night...I have to admit I'm surprised it wasn't an episode on that...and it's not just South Park...I really haven't seen a single person talking about it. It's not that I mind really, but 100 years...kind of an deal, no?
maxbjr

Postby maxbjr » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:32 pm

Personally, I loved this episode, best one this season. I like the background detail they added, like pictures at Kyle's house, etc. The kids fighting over the Easter eggs during the hunt was great. I'm glad M&T didn't feel the need to include Stan or Kenny in this episode, they weren't needed.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”