*1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big Spoon

Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Big Spoon » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:12 pm

Anyone else unable to download the wallpaper? Whenever I click the link it just redirects me to the website and doesn't start the download.
UhhIDontKnow

Postby UhhIDontKnow » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:36 pm

Liked this one better than the last two. I would give it a 6/10. This one hasn't turned me off after watching it a second time - it feels like an actual SP episode.

No way is Cartman staying Jooish though. The core of the show is Fat Ass/Stupid Joo. A holiday special isn't going to change that.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:44 pm

Big Spoon wrote:Anyone else unable to download the wallpaper? Whenever I click the link it just redirects me to the website and doesn't start the download.

It hasn't worked for me in weeks.
Big Spoon

Postby Big Spoon » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:54 pm

Damn, hope they fix it soon.
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:58 pm

Great episode! Best one of the season.
Finally someone made fun of the Exodus. About time!
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:04 pm

raidpirate52 wrote:Did everyone forget about the Titanic? It was exactly 100 years ago last night...I have to admit I'm surprised it wasn't an episode on that...and it's not just South Park...I really haven't seen a single person talking about it. It's not that I mind really, but 100 years...kind of an deal, no?

No it wasn't. It departed Southampton on April 10 and sunk on April 15.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:35 pm

moopderp123 wrote:Summary of this episode: The jewish god controls everything and you'd better accept that or your head will explode because that's just the way it is.

Wow. Please look up satire in the dictionary.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
MrMcKenzie

Postby MrMcKenzie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:48 pm

Head_Cancer wrote:I thought this season would be a return to form since they aren't dealing with a major play this time around. This season has a been a huge let-down, and this episode was awful. Not a single laugh or otherwise redeeming value. Spam. Filler. Crap.

I doubt I'll keep going out of my way to watch new episodes right when they air. I'm actually starting to wonder why I still watch it at all...

^This.

South Park is more and more turning into a soap opera, with all that relationship stuff, depressed Stan etc. Shure, this had always a part in South Park, but back then it still was funny. The new episodes just don't feel fresh anymore. And the worst thing for me: South Park is turning into Family Guy. For example that scene in Reverse Cowgirl with that guy fapping in front of the monitors for 5 hours (at least it felt that long).

I don't really blame M&T. They have made so many great episodes, I would have run out of ideas years ago in their place.
Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls

Postby Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:56 pm

This was one of those episodes where the concept was fun, but it wasn't really that funny. But overall I enjoyed it and was always interested in what happened next.

I hope Cartman stays Jewish for at least one more episode.
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
raidpirate52

Postby raidpirate52 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:35 pm

Niels0827 wrote:
raidpirate52 wrote:Did everyone forget about the Titanic? It was exactly 100 years ago last night...I have to admit I'm surprised it wasn't an episode on that...and it's not just South Park...I really haven't seen a single person talking about it. It's not that I mind really, but 100 years...kind of an deal, no?

No it wasn't. It departed Southampton on April 10 and sunk on April 15.

Oh, you're right. My bad, got 5 and 15 mixed up, ah well. So maybe they could make one...I have very high doubts about it they will. They don't have to, would rather just see a good episode that week.
RichardV1150

Postby RichardV1150 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:43 pm

I would love to elaborate on some people's thoughts on this episode, but I'd rather just say some people just want too much, they don't get what they want and whine about it like baby's, ha!

I'd give this a 60/40 split for the audiences happiness, 60 like, 40 dislike, but that's only cause the story line was good, but their was a lacking of stupid jokes. Face it people, Eric T. Cartman may not stay a Jew, but he sure does love Kyle, platonically speaking of course. Haven't any of you ever seen a great show or read a good book? Some of the greatest and most powerful pieces of writing have involved long-time enemies becoming friends! It makes for good storytelling! :)

South Park isn't always out to make you laugh ya know! It's designed to make you think, although others try to put their words in it's mouth and distort it's meaning, calling it libertarian, conservative, left-wing, right-wing. Stop looking for deeper meaning! :? I guess you could say South Park is a resilient show, one that takes one side one day, only to take the other the next.

Next episode don't just look for what you should be laughing at, but what you should take away from the show and learn from.

I guess this week's teachings taught us you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, it might just be stupider than you think! :lol:
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Felixa

Postby Felixa » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:01 pm

RichardV1150 wrote:I would love to elaborate on some people's thoughts on this episode, but I'd rather just say some people just want too much, they don't get what they want and whine about it like baby's, ha!

I'd give this a 60/40 split for the audiences happiness, 60 like, 40 dislike, but that's only cause the story line was good, but their was a lacking of stupid jokes. Face it people, Eric T. Cartman may not stay a Jew, but he sure does love Kyle, platonically speaking of course. Haven't any of you ever seen a great show or read a good book? Some of the greatest and most powerful pieces of writing have involved long-time enemies becoming friends! It makes for good storytelling! :)

South Park isn't always out to make you laugh ya know! It's designed to make you think, although others try to put their words in it's mouth and distort it's meaning, calling it libertarian, conservative, left-wing, right-wing. Stop looking for deeper meaning! :? I guess you could say South Park is a resilient show, one that takes one side one day, only to take the other the next.

Next episode don't just look for what you should be laughing at, but what you should take away from the show and learn from.

I guess this week's teachings taught us you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, it might just be stupider than you think! :lol:

Agreed.
This is my favorite episode in this season, as of now. I was actually surprised when many people didn't like the episode. My favorite parts were when Cartman actually believed that the Jewpacabra was real and was scared shitless and the Book of Exodus telling. Also, the part with Kyle leading Cartman to his house was heartwarming and was the best part of the episode.
Overall, I give this episode a 8-9/10.
karazykid

Postby karazykid » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:03 pm

RichardV1150 wrote:
South Park isn't always out to make you laugh ya know! It's designed to make you think... Stop looking for deeper meaning...

Do you even pay attention to what you say? It's designed to make you think, but don't think of a deeper meaning?

The episodes are just getting more and more stupid. The cash for gold one was extremely bad, then faith hilling? They're not even trying anymore. What happened to the fun episodes like Chinpokomon or the one where Cartman gets an amusement park? I'd even take more episodes like the Pee one.

South Park used to be an awesome show. But it's starting to look like cash for gold was them jumping the shark, might be time to move on. It's been 16 seasons, that's a pretty good run. Hopefully they just let it die peacefully instead of further embarrassing themselves.
JerWu17

Postby JerWu17 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:20 pm

Cartman certainly seemed to show a greater affinity toward Kyle at the end, but as long as Kyle refuses to respond in kind, as he did, any attempts at building a friendship between the two WILL NOT get anywhere.

Besides, Kyle has practically no tolerance for bigoted, intolerant people. So even if Cartman's conversion should turn out to be a long term thing, knowing the type of person he is, he'll just turn out to be a bigoted, intolerant Jew. No way will Kyle ever accept that.

The only reason Kyle brought Cartman back to his house is because his own conscience would not let him rest until he did so.

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
RichardV1150

Postby RichardV1150 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Well I guess what I meant by my previous statement was that some things are designed to make you look at the reality of things, while others are just stupid stuff to make us laugh. I hope South Park will stay interesting. South Park itself is a contradiction, tell us one thing but do another. I myself admit to being a little delusional from it. I'm full of hypocrisy :lol: . Oh well, if SP is to go down the toilet I'll try not to go down with it, I'll stay on board as long as I can. I have wishful thinking that South Park will go out in style!
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”