*1605: Butterballs* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

99 i fail

Re: *1605: Butterballs* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby 99 i fail » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:18 am

Addressing last two posts: I don't think Trent would be the bully. I think he was just for that one episode, and I don't think he'll ever be a returning character. And also, this is the official blurb about the episode that appears in the description and press release:

Stan wants to raise awareness about the dangers of bullying by shooting a big dance video. Will he able to handle the pressure that goes along with the notoriety of taking on such a worthy cause?

Those two sources must lead us in the right direction, after all, just like the title of the episode, those sources are concrete and can't be changed. (I bet a million people are going to argue with me over that, don't worry, arguing is my forte!) Everything else, such as the Butters part and the unlikely bully part, could be purposefully misleading, or they could have simply decided to do a last minute change-the-episode.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:59 am

True, I just wish they'd conclude Trent (make peace, or kill him), as he'll hold a grudge forever.

They mentioned the bully is unlikely, which is vague. Judging for what we (may) know, the bully is likely not:

Stan, Butters, Lola, Bebe, Tweek, Leeroy.

Which leads (excluding adults):

Kyle, Kenny, Cartman (Very Very very unlikely, as he'd be prime suspect), Wendy, Red, Token, Shelly, Craig, Clyde, Timmy, Jimmy, Pip (Providing he's not killed off. Again, we saw him die, but in South Park, who knows).

Bully aside, I'm interested in Stan's music video, as we seen in Elementary School Musical, he seemed music shy/awkward until the end. Intriguing to what he'll be singing.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:23 am

Stan has no history of bullying others and would not do it to Butters. He never picks on him and him alone, they're friends, so to even think that is almost silly. Butters could be tormented the majority of the episode, could not. Considering he's not in the press images, main summary, or video, his part may very well be very small. And sounds like Stan may be working the whole of the episode with the video, and the video being one of the last scenes of the episode.

Sooooo looking forward to the ep! Will be 1,000X better than last week's, that's a cert.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:02 am

Stanluv25 wrote:Stan has no history of bullying others.

Unless you count that sad spectacle in the Mormon episode.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:58 am

Stan is not exempt, he is cynical
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
raidpirate52

Postby raidpirate52 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:58 am

I think it's possible Stan is the "bully". You have to remember this is South Park. It's a pretty safe bet that the adults will view ANYTHING as bullying...even the most littlest thing. Stan has told Butters to shut up and called him gay before, those kinds of things people do see as bullying, and it could make sense if South Park pokes at that.

I just don't see Stan 100% free willing do a dance video...direct it, nonetheless.
RichardV1150

Postby RichardV1150 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Just a quick post to say happy Day of Pink, I hope done of you chose to wear pink today in an effort to make awareness on the issue of bullying. Have a nice day and I'll see you later tonight!
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
UhhIDontKnow

Postby UhhIDontKnow » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:06 pm

yamilynn wrote:Yes, he does have psychopathic features when he had that fight with Timmy in Cripple Fight, beating up his girlfriend and mom in Up the down Steroids . I can totally see him as an unlikely bully :lol:

He also took on a pimp for Nut Gobbler - Jimmy can be hard core. But don't sleep on Timmy, who fought him to a draw - and who also arranged for a certain turkey's assassination.
jim_dewd88

Postby jim_dewd88 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:39 pm

has anyone thought that the bully might be the six graders that always used to pick on all the boys?
invaderzimfan#1

Postby invaderzimfan#1 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:55 pm

okay at first i thought the bully was going to be stan because the summary said "unlikely bully" but it turns out he's against bullying so it cant be him. hmm i wonder who is bullying poor butters... i bet its either cartman,kyle,or kenny. oh well i guess we have to wait until tonight to find out! also i can't wait to see stan's music video! he is such a cutie! <3
"I am simply one hell of a butler."-Sebastian Michaelis <3
99 i fail

Postby 99 i fail » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:38 pm

raidpirate52 wrote:I think it's possible Stan is the "bully". You have to remember this is South Park. It's a pretty safe bet that the adults will view ANYTHING as bullying...even the most littlest thing. Stan has told Butters to shut up and called him gay before, those kinds of things people do see as bullying, and it could make sense if South Park pokes at that.

I just don't see Stan 100% free willing do a dance video...direct it, nonetheless.

Well he was shown to be a good dancer in "You Got F'D in the A".
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:07 pm

Zazaban wrote:

True, but Stan was sort of forced into 'fighting' Gary. The boys told Stan he should kick his ass but Stan responds 'maybe he won't fight.' Stan simply is not a physical person and doesn't like confrontation and even if he were to pick on someone else, Butters is again, very unlikely. Those days when the boys would single Butters out are *almost* gone. He hangs with them a lot more and again, Stan never really teased Butters to begin with. For all we know the bully is a new character like Kip Drodry was.

And Stan dancing... sure he won in You Got F'd... but he was only square dancing. I can only hope he picked up some new moves since then :lol: .

It would be sweet if Stan and Butters worked together in the ep tonight. Seeing my fav boys as a team after so long would rock.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
99 i fail

Postby 99 i fail » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:48 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:
Zazaban wrote:

True, but Stan was sort of forced into 'fighting' Gary. The boys told Stan he should kick his ass but Stan responds 'maybe he won't fight.' Stan simply is not a physical person and doesn't like confrontation and even if he were to pick on someone else, Butters is again, very unlikely. Those days when the boys would single Butters out are *almost* gone. He hangs with them a lot more and again, Stan never really teased Butters to begin with. For all we know the bully is a new character like Kip Drodry was.

And Stan dancing... sure he won in You Got F'd... but he was only square dancing. I can only hope he picked up some new moves since then :lol: .

It would be sweet if Stan and Butters worked together in the ep tonight. Seeing my fav boys as a team after so long would rock.

Technically, square dancing is that stupid crap I did in elementary school where you dance in a square with 7 partners (4 of the opposite gender) and dance. In this episode, it was line dancing. Big difference.

I personally think that Stan the Bully is possible, but again I think it's a new character, maybe a 5th or 6th grader.
Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls

Postby Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:35 pm

99 i fail wrote:Those two sources must lead us in the right direction, after all, just like the title of the episode, those sources are concrete and can't be changed. (I bet a million people are going to argue with me over that, don't worry, arguing is my forte!) Everything else, such as the Butters part and the unlikely bully part, could be purposefully misleading, or they could have simply decided to do a last minute change-the-episode.
The press release sure did lead us to the right direction regarding City Sushi, right? :P
Butters is diagnosed with multiple personality disorder. The boys want to help Butters find out what's really happening to him but Butters may not like what they find.
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
RichardV1150

Postby RichardV1150 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:46 pm

I tell you this, you can battle all you want on who will be Butter's bully, but have you stopped and asked yourselves what it is he's being bullied for. We've seen in the past he was bullied for being a Melvin, wearing the professor chaos costume and more notably, for not kissing a girl.

Based on the fact that this episode lands on the Day of Pink, I believe he'll get bullied for wearing PINK! Mainly due to how Day of Pink got started, but hey, that's just my guess. Can't wait for the episode!
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”