*1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Discussi

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

OctopusSandwich

Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc

Postby OctopusSandwich » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:22 pm

If you didn't like this episode, you're not a true South Park fan.

Also, the 4 boys were the only characters introduced before that had speaking roles. Does anybody know the last time this has happened?
ohhellno

Postby ohhellno » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:23 pm

karazykid wrote:Just couldn't do it, could you? Almost made a decent episode. Last week was awesome, and this one started out pretty good. But then, tragedy. Oh well. The show is dying, but it's had a pretty good run. Few signs of life here at the end. I just hope South Park can go out with some dignity at the end. Give us a good episode to remember you by, don't crap the bed before you go.

- cartman
Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls

Postby Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:51 pm

OctopusSandwich wrote:If you didn't like this episode, you're not a true South Park fan.

Also, the 4 boys were the only characters introduced before that had speaking roles. Does anybody know the last time this has happened?
A quick skim through the SP Scriptorium tells me: never. :shock:
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Biscuits

Postby Biscuits » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:08 pm

I'm surprised people hated this episode. I thought it was hilarious. The re-enactment with the over dramatic actors was funny. I was mostly laughing at how they got grown men to the play the roles of 9 year olds.. :lol:
99 i fail

Postby 99 i fail » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:09 pm

Dear Raidpirate 52,
How can the 'Jackin it' reference bring it down 4 ratings? I loved it. I know I didn't like how "Butterballs" ended and all, and for a ridiculous reason, I brought it down 2 ratings. But 4? If I said bringing ratings down massively over a little thing was crazy, I'd be a hypocrite, but dude, your case was messed up.

Sincerely,
99 i fail

This episode was a 10.2/10! I hate running gags and long scenes, which are apparently in for Season 16, so if it wasn't for that, it would be 10.8/10. Can't add this to one of the best episodes of all time, but its up in the top 40.

And Biscuits, and everyone out here, the boys are 10 years old. They even said so in the episode, but people, even M&T, usually forget, so I forgive you.

P.S. After this episode, I didn't think anything. In my case, that's good, because when i say something it's usually a rant and never a good thing. Just look at the "Butterballs" post-air thread for examples.
Last edited by 99 i fail on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
TokenBlack90

Postby TokenBlack90 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:09 pm

After reading the comments it seems like people who really hate this episode fall into two kinds of groups. Either they didn’t get the jokes, and so thought the ep was bad because of this. :roll: (Don’t blame it on Trey & Matt, you failing to get the jokes doesn’t make it their fault, and doesn’t make an episode bad. :? :arrow: GTFO) The second group of people hating on this episode, seem to suffer from sand in their vaginas. ( I suggest you go and see a doctor about that, it’s a serious condition, and will worsen if not treated. :( )

This episode was decent, not great, but not bad either, 7/10 if you got the jks.

…2/10 if “you’re getting old”
…10/10 if you’re a brown nosier
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:11 pm

OctopusSandwich wrote:Also, the 4 boys were the only characters introduced before that had speaking roles. Does anybody know the last time this has happened?

I don't understand this question.

If anyone is interested in a group shot of Matt, Trey, and the four actors who played the boys, here they are, in character:

Now you know what clothes to look for if you want to dress like the boys. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls

Postby Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Big-Will wrote:
OctopusSandwich wrote:Also, the 4 boys were the only characters introduced before that had speaking roles. Does anybody know the last time this has happened?

I don't understand this question.
I believe he means the 4 Boys are the only recurring characters who have lines (unless you count the Mr. Hankey reenactor).
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:16 pm

Well, y'all wanted a boys episode, you got one. With a bunch of one-shot characters, but there you go.

MrBitey

Postby MrBitey » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:29 pm

I am thankful for this episode because:

I finally got the Jackin' It / KONY2012 connection.

Now I can sleep.
99 i fail

Postby 99 i fail » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:30 pm

I have noticed, in "Jewpacabra", 'Butterballs", and this episode, there are all live photos/scenes. In "Jewpacabra", it was the Bahamas, in 'Butterballs", it was pictures of San Diego, and this time there's a completely live scene. Maybe live photos as well?

Begun to see a lot of trends for Season 16.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
yamilynn

Postby yamilynn » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:47 pm

I can't believe all the negative comments on here. This episode wasn't horrible nor good, but decent. I actually enjoy this one and the reenactment panorama. I thought it was funny and clever. It would've been better if they haven't used the narration throughout the episode. I just hate hearing narrations :(

My rate for this episode:
8.5/10
Last edited by yamilynn on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:47 pm

It sounded just like one of Discovery channe's murder shows with the voiceover, that got me laughing. Maybe Trey's been watching a lot of cabel 'documentaries' lately. Teaches kids to want to go outside when they have a perfectly good xbox at home! Sure he got in a pool with herpes kenny before in pee. "Not done that before" but I bet the Simpsons have! JIMBO LIVES! But Ned does not. Is cartman using the royal we to describe what he's doing. Nar-nar, south park loves inventing words, they think they're dr seus or something. Acting nice to random people pisses me off too. In the first 5 minutes this has been funny, the jokes could get old, but I'm a fan of discovery documentaries they're riffing on.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:54 pm

So who's the narrator again?

Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:01 pm

I don't know, not Trey or Matt for sure, someone who sounded like the people in documentaries like medical mysteries or parasites inside me though.

10 minutes in taking the piss out of fake enthusiasm, "long story short" (which wasn't copied that long), overly friendly strangers, etc, it still seems good. I was going to bring up the fact they didn't say who said to go ziplining, the show brought it up for me.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”