*1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Discussi

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

2coolhipdude

Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc

Postby 2coolhipdude » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:56 am

Well, if anyone is counting, my vote is NEVER include live action again. The episode was fine without it. I have every episode on VHS. Which means I'm a true fan, not some fly-by-night, hop on the bandwagon fan.

Repeat....NO LIVE ACTION SCENES!!!!
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:25 pm

LegendofJosh wrote:Damn dude... all you did was say you didn't like the episode. It took you an entire paragraph to tell us you didn't like the episode. Why don't you tell us why?

At this point everyone is yawning at your post. Your writing skills are garbage. I mean, what the hell?

:roll:

Okay. So you're sarcastically chastising this poster in the same manner that I did in an attempt to make me look stupid.

LegendofJosh wrote:
xelers wrote:worst episode ever.... real people seriously? im done with this show so dissapointed

Wow dude. For starters, you didn't explain why. You're supposed to explain why. If you don't - everyone is yawning at what you said. Also, your writing skills are pretty much trash. Way to go!

…and then you do it again. We get it…you're trying to make fun of me. You know why we get it? Because we f*cking read it the first time. "f*ck you reader, I'm going to state the exact thing TWICE in two separate posts because you're not able to digest it straight away."

You're a great example of why writers should self-edit more. I was attacking you for your long-winded writing style more than anything else. I don't care that you're new, but more on that later.

Taking the time to step back and proof read your posts (it doesn't have to be hours or even minutes…maybe 30 seconds) ensures that you clear your post of any clutter. Hell, even the small things like not using the same word twice ("bottom lower end of the T.M.I. scale"). The "preview" button is your friend. You shouldn't be so quick to make friends with the "submit" button.

LegendofJosh wrote:Hey HJR ... from judging what you just posted ... making a comment about how this episode was bad, even the wort ever, you should be expecting a comment and post reply from Brendle (or whatever that shallow-minded, short-sighted, wants-to-claim-others-are-terrible-writers-thinking-they're-Matt-&-Trey's-own-personal-favorite-poster) comment from Brendle that is bashing you for not explaining why it's the worst ever! You ever be ready to back up your claims, or else!

Matt and Trey have probably never read my posts. If they did, they'd think I was a douche most likely, since I've been sh*tting on a lot of their work. And I used to do so in the exact same empty way you do it: "that episode sucks. It's not funny because it's not funny."

This is to anyone in this thread: why would you even WANT to be the guy who simply says "that's funny" or "that's not funny" without adding anything further? It's as useful as clicking the "Dislike" button on a YouTube video. Congratulations, you became one drop in a sea of millions. You gave it a thumbs up or thumbs down without elaborating. You think everyone wants to know what Brendle finds funny, or what LegendofJosh finds funny, without any explanation? No…they want to know WHY it is or isn't funny.

The way I see it, don't click "Reply" if you don't have anything interesting to say about the episode. The only way a "dislike/like" post is welcome is if we're polling opinions…which I suppose could be useful to Matt/Trey/SP staff.

Am I being hypocritical and have I made a ton of empty feedback posts in my time? You bet. You can go on a hunt for them if you like. Just know that I'm aware. I'm also aware that my posts aren't without flaws...but I proof-read all of my posts thoroughly before I click "submit." There's a degree of respect that I'm showing.

LegendofJosh wrote:Even worse, I might never be considered to be on a South Park debating team!

:lol:

LegendofJosh wrote:C) I didn't make the South Park debate team.

Repeating yourself AGAIN. And I never said I wouldn't pick you on a South Park debating team…I said I wouldn't pick you on a debating team in general.

The only reason you wrote such a long post was presumably to persuade us, right? You speak of "college essays" in a sarcastic way…yet the post I attacked was almost the length of a college essay.

LegendofJosh wrote:Exactly ... I was just the *new guy* and I had to pay my dues I suppose.

(Legend of Josh rolls his eyes)

LegendofJosh wrote:I'm sorry guys, I just hate being personally held to the double-standard and being called out pretty much b/c I'm new.

LegendofJosh wrote:Imagine that... seasoned posters picking on the *new guy* ...

Yet another example of you saying the same thing over and over again. We heard you the first time. Self-editing.

But enough about the criticism of your writing: let's now focus on your personality. Insecure much? You make references to my post in not one, not two, but 3+ posts? Calm down there Josh. Let's not flip the f*ck out over something small. I didn't mean to agitate you so. There there.

I'm not even a "seasoned poster." I've been around for maybe a year and a half.

And what is this, high school? Newsflash: I didn't give enough of a sh*t about you to even KNOW you were new here. I responded to you because my bullsh*t alarm went right off when I read your giant wall of text.

I don't discriminate people on forums based on how new they are. That's what losers do. How about you get over yourself and stop thinking everyone's out to get you? If anyone else wrote what you wrote, I would have responded the same way. No, I didn't respond to everyone else who posted an unsubstantiated opinion, but that's because they kept it short. Their number-of-points-made to words-written-in-their-post ratio was significantly larger. Plus I can't be bothered…you think I have time to single out every single f*cking person here?

LegendofJosh wrote:It's so ironic two weeks ago there was an episode about "bullying" ... because in my very short time here, that's all I've experienced; which is posters trying to bully other posters. It's actually kind of sad.

I'm not bullying you. I have no interest in making you feel bad about yourself (which is the main aim of bullies). But, seriously man, you've been PMSing all over this thread. You gonna cwyyy?
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:15 pm

f*cking UNBELIEVABLE!!
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
forbidden_moose

Postby forbidden_moose » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:58 pm

I loved the live action scenes and thought they were really funny. The show is constantly trying new visual devices, (Good Times with Weapons, The Simpsons Already Did, it Cthulhu in the coon saga et al) and usually I find the unusual visual styles from these episodes funny. I like the surreal aspects of having a Latino cast as Kenny, and I loved the bad acting. It reminded me of Cartman's Mom is Still a Dirty Slut though.
LegendofJosh

Postby LegendofJosh » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:05 pm

To Brendle:

Other posters (mainly referring to you) were the ones who were bullying me - after all I did was post my own personal opinions of the episodes and this season.

You guys took personal shots at me (oh, my posts weren't short, they were extensive and therefore demonstrates I have a HIGH LEVEL OF INTEREST IN SOUTH PARK, so I guess I deserve a to be bashed more than someone who just says "it sucked"???) ... and then I post back to defend myself, and yet somehow you're trying to turn some tables and claim my bullying comments are backfiring.

I was the one who being played bully on. I was also only defending myself.

Yes, I kept posting some same points over and over again, but only because it was an effort to possibly STOP YOU from making another similar post about someone else in the future that you makes towards me.

Maybe all my multiple posts were overkill, but I just wanted to ensure you got the point.

Like 99 fail... I think you are a cool guy. I can tell you're VERY knowledgeable about SP, and your opinions are and should be valued. I just think you should be more respectful of other posters.

You made some crazy comment about how I wasn't respecting my readers with my comments ... I thought that was just outlandish ... I mean dude, I never called anyone by name, I was just commenting on the show, yet I somehow was sh*tting on my readers?

You were sh*tting on me.

Egh... nonetheless, like I said, you're cool man. I don't want to argue going forward.

With next week's episode I'm going to share my $0.02 regardless of the outcome. I hope you do too. I'd be interesting in seeing your own personal opinion b/c I think you're a very legit fan. I just want us to all get along.
Lyon82

Postby Lyon82 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:27 pm

Please tell me all of you guys are 15 or so because this squabbling is reminiscent of schoolyard bickering.

People have different opinions. Some have mastered tact while others' argument is about as refined as a bratty 4th grader. It's the internet and it's been around long enough where people should know to take any stupidity with a grain of salt. It's pointless to have an all out personal war or words over the internet since there's no conflict resolution. You need to go in the playground and get in a couple scraps and you'll find there you can at least end it and move on.

I actually watched a little bit of I should Have Never Survived and then watched the episode again. Definitely added value and confirmed suspicions that reenactments in reality TV shows haven't really made any strides over the past 2 decades. I can just imagine them directing the 'boys' and telling them they aren't overacting enough and need to be even more wretched in the next take. Still not my favorite episode of the season (although Butterballs and Jewpacabra were hard acts to follow), but it gave better context.

On the other hand, having watched more than 5 minutes of that stupid show caused my faith in television entertainment to drop below the current all time low reached after discovering Nat Geo was airing reality shows.

If this is the current state of entertainment, I doubt there will be any shortage of material to reach season 20.
Last edited by Lyon82 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blindguy

Postby blindguy » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:44 pm

Brendle wrote:
LegendofJosh wrote:Damn dude... all you did was say you didn't like the episode. It took you an entire paragraph to tell us you didn't like the episode. Why don't you tell us why?

At this point everyone is yawning at your post. Your writing skills are garbage. I mean, what the hell?

:roll:

Okay. So you're sarcastically chastising this poster in the same manner that I did in an attempt to make me look stupid.

LegendofJosh wrote:
xelers wrote:worst episode ever.... real people seriously? im done with this show so dissapointed

Wow dude. For starters, you didn't explain why. You're supposed to explain why. If you don't - everyone is yawning at what you said. Also, your writing skills are pretty much trash. Way to go!

…and then you do it again. We get it…you're trying to make fun of me. You know why we get it? Because we f*cking read it the first time. "f*ck you reader, I'm going to state the exact thing TWICE in two separate posts because you're not able to digest it straight away."

You're a great example of why writers should self-edit more. I was attacking you for your long-winded writing style more than anything else. I don't care that you're new, but more on that later.

Taking the time to step back and proof read your posts (it doesn't have to be hours or even minutes…maybe 30 seconds) ensures that you clear your post of any clutter. Hell, even the small things like not using the same word twice ("bottom lower end of the T.M.I. scale"). The "preview" button is your friend. You shouldn't be so quick to make friends with the "submit" button.

LegendofJosh wrote:Hey HJR ... from judging what you just posted ... making a comment about how this episode was bad, even the wort ever, you should be expecting a comment and post reply from Brendle (or whatever that shallow-minded, short-sighted, wants-to-claim-others-are-terrible-writers-thinking-they're-Matt-&-Trey's-own-personal-favorite-poster) comment from Brendle that is bashing you for not explaining why it's the worst ever! You ever be ready to back up your claims, or else!

Matt and Trey have probably never read my posts. If they did, they'd think I was a douche most likely, since I've been sh*tting on a lot of their work. And I used to do so in the exact same empty way you do it: "that episode sucks. It's not funny because it's not funny."

This is to anyone in this thread: why would you even WANT to be the guy who simply says "that's funny" or "that's not funny" without adding anything further? It's as useful as clicking the "Dislike" button on a YouTube video. Congratulations, you became one drop in a sea of millions. You gave it a thumbs up or thumbs down without elaborating. You think everyone wants to know what Brendle finds funny, or what LegendofJosh finds funny, without any explanation? No…they want to know WHY it is or isn't funny.

The way I see it, don't click "Reply" if you don't have anything interesting to say about the episode. The only way a "dislike/like" post is welcome is if we're polling opinions…which I suppose could be useful to Matt/Trey/SP staff.

Am I being hypocritical and have I made a ton of empty feedback posts in my time? You bet. You can go on a hunt for them if you like. Just know that I'm aware. I'm also aware that my posts aren't without flaws...but I proof-read all of my posts thoroughly before I click "submit." There's a degree of respect that I'm showing.

LegendofJosh wrote:Even worse, I might never be considered to be on a South Park debating team!

:lol:

LegendofJosh wrote:C) I didn't make the South Park debate team.

Repeating yourself AGAIN. And I never said I wouldn't pick you on a South Park debating team…I said I wouldn't pick you on a debating team in general.

The only reason you wrote such a long post was presumably to persuade us, right? You speak of "college essays" in a sarcastic way…yet the post I attacked was almost the length of a college essay.

LegendofJosh wrote:Exactly ... I was just the *new guy* and I had to pay my dues I suppose.

(Legend of Josh rolls his eyes)

LegendofJosh wrote:I'm sorry guys, I just hate being personally held to the double-standard and being called out pretty much b/c I'm new.

LegendofJosh wrote:Imagine that... seasoned posters picking on the *new guy* ...

Yet another example of you saying the same thing over and over again. We heard you the first time. Self-editing.

But enough about the criticism of your writing: let's now focus on your personality. Insecure much? You make references to my post in not one, not two, but 3+ posts? Calm down there Josh. Let's not flip the f*ck out over something small. I didn't mean to agitate you so. There there.

I'm not even a "seasoned poster." I've been around for maybe a year and a half.

And what is this, high school? Newsflash: I didn't give enough of a sh*t about you to even KNOW you were new here. I responded to you because my bullsh*t alarm went right off when I read your giant wall of text.

I don't discriminate people on forums based on how new they are. That's what losers do. How about you get over yourself and stop thinking everyone's out to get you? If anyone else wrote what you wrote, I would have responded the same way. No, I didn't respond to everyone else who posted an unsubstantiated opinion, but that's because they kept it short. Their number-of-points-made to words-written-in-their-post ratio was significantly larger. Plus I can't be bothered…you think I have time to single out every single f*cking person here?

LegendofJosh wrote:It's so ironic two weeks ago there was an episode about "bullying" ... because in my very short time here, that's all I've experienced; which is posters trying to bully other posters. It's actually kind of sad.

I'm not bullying you. I have no interest in making you feel bad about yourself (which is the main aim of bullies). But, seriously man, you've been PMSing all over this thread. You gonna cwyyy?

Don't dish out what you can't take. By the way, you made yourself look spectacularly foolish all on your lonesome. Just let this die if you don't it will surly be known you have a tendency towards objurgating. Nobody needs you to objurgate here, in fact mostly we find it unpleasant.
maxbjr

Postby maxbjr » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:05 pm

LegendofJosh wrote:
(ugly)Bob wrote:i sound like a cheesy person when i say this but

IGNORE THE DAMN TROLLS!

I still can't get my avatar to show... I did the directions that 99 i fail instructed me to do... but still the "noob" avatar ... do I have to wait awhile before my own personal one will post?

It took about two days for my avatar to show up once I created and set it.
polarnj

For the love of god, please dont ever stop

Postby polarnj » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:19 pm

every time i think you guys might be losing steam, you make an episode that makes me laugh so much i pee a little. so even though my girlfriend wont let me touch her until i wash my penis on Wednesday nights, South Park will forever put a smile on my face, even during even the most brutal campaigns of female mandated penile maintenance. thank you sp.
maxbjr

Postby maxbjr » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:19 pm

(ugly)Bob wrote:f*cking UNBELIEVABLE!!

I agree with (ugly)Bob here, just WOW. 23 pages on a forum topic, of which 16+ pages are just people pissing back and forth on each other. Surely you all must have something better to do. (well maybe not). If you liked the episode, you liked it. If you hated it, then you hated it. Game over, done.

Just think, in a few hours you can start fighting about the merits of the new episode with its preview release. YAY, good times, good times. :lol:
Donegati

Why I SHOULD NEVER HAVE GONE ZIPLINING was a great episode

Postby Donegati » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:36 pm

Cut a long story short, I've seen tones of posts here about how much this episode sucked ass and stuff like that... and I figured, hey, maybe I should make a post saying the opposite, since I have the right, as much as anyone else here, to post my opinion. Well, I thought it was an awesome episode. Why? Well, I’m gonna spell it for you guys:

First of all, the episode premiss: a “I Should Never…” TV show with four boys going through unspeakable things, trapped in the jungle. We see that on TV all the time. People freazing, people dealing with wild animals, people eating whatever they find on the trees and drinking the lake water with their bare hands. The entire idea of that premiss was completely broken when we realized that the ‘unspeakable thing’ wasn’t surviving with what the jungle has to offer you, BUT dealing with a group trip (has any of you guys gone in a group trip? IT’S SO ANNOYING. There are always people who get late, at least one smartie-panties who makes all kinds of stupid questions, trying to look clever, and of course the people who ‘to cut a long story short’, end up telling their entire lives to the group companions. M&T were so accurate on that), shuttle and going ziplining (also, BOORIIING. They are only funny when the rope drops you into the deep see), which, for real, bro, is almost unbearable. The flash of unconscious Kyle at the very beginning was found to be Kyle succumbing to boredom. So, the unspeakable part wasn’t because it was too intense, as it happens at those shows, but because it was too tedious. Let’s call it IRONY nº1.

Idk if I can call the fake complex biologic explanation irony… specially because they weren't really complex at all. So... yep, probably not. But it was funny, specially when followed by “eew, dude, did you just fart???”

So, as everyone with a brain noticed, it was like a dramatic terrifying traumatic tape from a cruel adventurous TV show. And the TV show producers thought it would be too shocking showing the real scenes of it, because the facts (diarrhea, boredom and beavers) were way too strong and traumatizing to be seen (IRONY nº2) (I mean, honest. Beavers. The blood didn’t attract sharks… as we see in pretty much every single ‘horror on the water’ movies. It attracted BEAVERS. - IRONY nº3) so they used “graphic re-enactments” to reproduce the real scenes, like in those murder investigations. BUT, the real victims were already animated drawn cartoon characters, so their graphic reprodution were real people, going the exact opposite way that those TV shows usually go (GENIOUS IRONY nº4).
It means that the real life characters weren’t REALLY supposed to be the boys. They made it pretty clear with the message they showed right before the live action, and also by telling us that the photos of Mr. Hankey rescue were the ‘actual rescue photographs’. No, they’re merely a reproduction of them, made by the “I Should Have Never…” TV show, to avoid showing the actual boat scenes, since they were too terrible to be showed with “real people”, (who are actually cartoon characters). If it’s just a reproduction of the facts, who cares if Kenny actor wasn’t blond, or if Kyle wasn’t readheaded? THEY WEREN’T REEEALLY KENNY AND KYLE!! THEY’RE THE TV SHOW RE-ENACTMENTS!!! - and this is why saying that 'the episode was terrible because the actors didn't look like the characters' is a lame excuse.
And by saying that, I must admit: not making a live action blonde Kenny or redheaded Kyle was BRILLIANT! Denying physical characteristics that we know for a fact, they made a really innaccurate live action South Park, which ended up allowing them to make a live action (which, let’s face it, was awesome, specially at the context) without spoililing our imagination on the boys real looks! Can you imagine if... if Idk, they made a Kenny with one yellow eye and another purple eye? All fanart would look like that, from now on. But nope, the actors looks were so unreliable that our imagination can still run free. Matt and Trey are geniuses!!
And as a 5th irony, we can point out that, the entire episode they made fun of Kenny for having herpes on his lips. Since the first time they said that, I thought “ok, so, for the second time Kenny is going to die due to a STD”. NOPE. He actually died of BOREDOM, proving that slow boat trips can be really, REALLY dangerous and harmfull. Specially with the beavers swimming around… yep, definately IRONY nº5.

Not to mention, of course, how cool was that they got the boys talking about the experience as if it was such a terrible scarring day of their lifes, during the ‘taped scenes’, just like they do in those TV shows we see on TV. And, of course, the end telling us how that experience changed their lives, and Stan jackin it in San Francisco again :lol:

What I’m meaning to say here is that… maybe this episode didn’t please you. Ok. Some episodes that most people absolutely loved didn’t please me at all. But saying that M&T can’t do the trick anymore… well, bullsh*t. It was an extremely well thought episode and we should be proud of them for doing that.
And for those who keep saying that making the live action was just ‘laziness’… do you realize how time-consuming it is choosing and preparing an actor?
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:59 pm

Donegati wrote:Stan jackin it in San Francisco again :lol:

San Diego ;)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:06 pm

LegendofJosh wrote:I'm new here, so please excuse me for being unaware and unacknowledged about your personal relationship with M&T or the production staff of the actual show, but how do you know all this information?

Please don't read into that as I don't believe you (because I do believe you) I'm just more or less very curious as to how you know all this.

Thanks for sharing that information!

The actor who played Cartman posted about the shoot a few days ago on another forum. My secrets for the episode have my copy of his post.

South Park Jesus wrote:btw, Not Without My Anus was a stroke of pure genius! This isn't even on the same scale.

You should have heard the phone calls they got about that episode. Not many people liked the April Fool's joke they got instead of "Cartman's Mom Is Still A Dirty Slut."

South Park Jesus wrote:with all the people saying they outright hated it you pick me to retaliate against? lol.

Then please choose your words more carefully:
South Park Jesus wrote:It was moderately funny but also kind of a slap in the face to fans.

Seriously? A slap in the face to the fans? All that hard work just to slap the fans in the face? What the hell?

South Park Jesus wrote:All I can say is maybe the guys are spending time on the wrong things if this was a major effort.

Now that's a fair criticism.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
DETi

DETi

Postby DETi » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:06 pm

I should have never watched this episode. So f*cking boring.
Donegati

Postby Donegati » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:17 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote:
Donegati wrote:Stan jackin it in San Francisco again :lol:

San Diego ;)

Lol, sorry, typo, I got way too excited writing all that.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”