*1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Discussi

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

color me insane

Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc

Postby color me insane » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:36 am

The live action was actually my favorite part. It was just so fxcking random and irrelevant...and the horrible acting had me in giggles. :lol:
"Kenny, who's idea was it to go zip-lining. Mine or Kyle's?"

"I don't know. I really don't give a sh*t." His facial expression when he said that. LMAO.
'How do you know I’m mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,” said the Cat. 'or you wouldn’t have come here.'”

Quit doing the titty dance!
JolieKlaus

Postby JolieKlaus » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:41 am

I should have never watched this episode. Sooo ... they were out to prove that they could make something that wasn't funny? I have never watched an episode and not been able to find something to laugh at. If I want to watch average people not being funny I'll watch a reality show. I don't watch SP to be bored. This was awful. Especially hated the "dudes." Really? I guess it's like the baseball episode. I guess they are just tired and are like Fk this sh*t we have more money than God and we want to retire but can't until they cxl us so lets just make crap and hopefully we'll get cxl'd. That's the only logic I can come up w/for this tragic end of an era.
Detectivesandyvagina

Postby Detectivesandyvagina » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:21 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:
John_117 wrote:
invaderzimfan#1 wrote:i was really hoping stan would get hurt :(

Kenny gave Stan Herpes...

I wanted to Stan to get hurt too, but John's right, he did get herpes which is still an illness so I'm okay with it. For all we know Stan can injure himself next Wed. :wink:

I feel so awful saying this..

You have a strong moe on Stan. Hi MadamRedRose25!

I came back to this forum to say how frikkin epic that was. I nearly died when they did the reenactment. I should be half scarred seeing teenage girls cosplaying the boys all over the internet but Cartman and Kyle's fight sold it for me. The over drama that is never really South Park. This is what people think SP *is* I was really grateful for what otherwise would have been a mediocre episode. The herpes thing coming full circle, beautiful (nice makeup job on the actors BTW)

I don't think a season has been this consistently good since 12 at least.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:34 pm

Big-Will wrote:If Matt and Trey aren't reading this thread, nall is, and he'll have to tell them that their surprise didn't work at all. I read that MnT made the live scenes as a surprise for us fans (and they were filmed a month ago, before the animated segments were written). Looks like the surprise is on them: Most of us didn't like the live action.

We should really make a poll on this so we'll know for sure the percentages of who liked/didn't like the live action sequence.

Put me down for: "I loved it" imo it helped make this episode great. And I stand behind my 11/10 rating for this episode. I really liked the live action. And the fact that the actors were portraying 10 year olds while the actors themselves appeared to be 20-somethings 8)

A poll might be in order here. Looking forward to the 1/2 season finale (1607) where perhaps M&T might have the entire episode played by real actors and use only minimal animation for 1607 8)
Borsia

Postby Borsia » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:46 pm

SouthPark jumped the shark!!!
I suppose it had to happen but I don't know why?
There is so much fodder to rank on this episode was such a disappointment!

The live action might have worked if they had used 10 year olds but the way it was done just didn't work at all for me.

The topic was pretty lame as well since I have been on some good zips and they weren't boring. But they were in tropical forests not in CO.
Bunnyturd

Postby Bunnyturd » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:57 pm

I'm a huge South Park fan... and this episode wasn't funny at all. If I have to watch 16 episodes of this it would be like going through 16 ziplines.

The non-animated part was horrible too. What happened ran out of animation budget?

Sigh :(
Lyon82

Postby Lyon82 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:43 pm

See, the live action was terrible, but that was what made it amusing. Those reenactment scenes in television shows are always painful. It's a long running tradition in crime and reality shows. So the cheesiness and wretchedness of it all was part of the joke and was different. People are acting like this will be the norm now.
scRaTcH#667

Postby scRaTcH#667 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:46 pm

Those live action scenes were supposed to be terrible, that's the point of them being there. :D
maxbjr

Postby maxbjr » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:00 pm

It seems like alot of people just signed up to this forum just so they could complain about this episode. (wonders how many of them are the same person). Well as long as M&T like doing South Park and as long as they are making money, they're not changing anything because some people complain. If I were them, the only 2 questions I would ask are; Do I like doing this and am I making $$$$$$ from it.
maxbjr

Postby maxbjr » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:09 pm

Something I noticed, they were pretty up front about this episode being spring break for the kids. Usually after spring break you have about 2 months till the end of school. Unless they completely ignore this in later episodes, (and they have ignored thing before), I think its possable to see the kids moving to 5th grade this year. Or starting 5th grade begining first show of season 17.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:43 pm

Big-Will wrote:If Matt and Trey aren't reading this thread, nall is, and he'll have to tell them that their surprise didn't work at all. I read that MnT made the live scenes as a surprise for us fans (and they were filmed a month ago, before the animated segments were written). Looks like the surprise is on them: Most of us didn't like the live action.

I thought it was great. Hopefully nall will tell them that some of us understood the reenactment joke, and appreciate the work they put into it.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Head_Cancer

Postby Head_Cancer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:45 pm

The actor they got to play Kenny had black hair. Kenny has blond hair. Odd choice...
AtheistOtter

Postby AtheistOtter » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:49 pm

Head_Cancer wrote:The actor they got to play Kenny had black hair. Kenny has blond hair. . . .

Yes, thank you, that was the joke. (or part of it)

Casting for "reenactments" is generally terrible.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:06 pm

Hello detectivesandyvagina! Um, do I know you? I don't recognize your name.

I agree with Maxbjr- it really seems as if people are complaining about this one more than others and they really could be people who just got a name here to do just that.

The live-action was surprising but it wasn't terrible. It was funny. It went on for too long and was unnecessary and I would have preferred to see the actual boys but I get what they were trying to do there. This episode was hella a lot better than Royal Pudding or whatever. And season 16 so far is better than 15A was. There was like 2-3 on that first half deemed watchable more than one time. There are 4 out of 6 so far in season 16 I'd watch again and again.

People just need to stop complaining about this season, it's really getting annoying. :roll:
Last edited by Stanluv25 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
bl00d_0rgy

Superb episode

Postby bl00d_0rgy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:07 pm

I was just lamenting the lack of live action South Park in some time, well done gents. This is probably the funniest episode since either 0 Friends or 200/201. Just went on a vacation and I'm kicking myself for not having seen enough famous sights, but not kicking myself for going it alone and discovering on my own. f*ck that tour group sh*t!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”