*1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Discussi

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

bl00d_0rgy

Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc

Postby bl00d_0rgy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:13 pm

BTW, for the love of Christ PLEASE get rid of the commercials you're currently running. If I have to see that f*cking Jack Off In The Box bacon bullsh*t one more time...Or listen to that goddamned valley girl for Proactiv.

You guys, seriously. Seriously, you guys.
bebewendysp>

Postby bebewendysp> » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:50 pm

live action Stan is so hot :oops:
Felixa

Postby Felixa » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:06 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote:
Big-Will wrote:If Matt and Trey aren't reading this thread, nall is, and he'll have to tell them that their surprise didn't work at all. I read that MnT made the live scenes as a surprise for us fans (and they were filmed a month ago, before the animated segments were written). Looks like the surprise is on them: Most of us didn't like the live action.

We should really make a poll on this so we'll know for sure the percentages of who liked/didn't like the live action sequence.

Put me down for: "I loved it" imo it helped make this episode great. And I stand behind my 11/10 rating for this episode. I really liked the live action. And the fact that the actors were portraying 10 year olds while the actors themselves appeared to be 20-somethings 8)

A poll might be in order here. Looking forward to the 1/2 season finale (1607) where perhaps M&T might have the entire episode played by real actors and use only minimal animation for 1607 8)

Lol, I could actually see Trey doing that to piss off all their 'steadfast and hardcore' fans who keep complaining about all their episodes. Hell, they might even do a Terrance and Phillip.
Also, I don't understand why everyone is having sand in their vagina over 1 part in live-action (It wasn't like they didn't do it before). >:I
pootycancerXD

Postby pootycancerXD » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:17 pm

If Matt and Trey aren't reading this thread, nall is, and he'll have to tell them that their surprise didn't work at all. I read that MnT made the live scenes as a surprise for us fans (and they were filmed a month ago, before the animated segments were written). Looks like the surprise is on them: Most of us didn't like the live action.

Being that the live action was a "reenactment" I don't understand why people are pissed about it. It was a joke about how shows like "I shouldn't be alive" have actors that look nothing like the real people. Even if people thought it wasn't funny, it was just a f*cking reenactment. I understand people would be pissed if they simply turned the four boys into real actors. Especially since the actors had a few things about them that were not like the animated boys... BUT ALAS! It was just a joke get the f*ck over it!

For the record I thought the reenactment was hilarious and creative... I guess that's just one person's opinion. I hope M&T never hear about some of these dumb*sses on this site b*tching about the reenactment. If you didn't think it was funny just say so, stop going all out saying the show sucks now and M&T have sold out.
francisjairam121

Postby francisjairam121 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:43 pm

This episode was very decent. I mean I liked the part where Cartman was crapping himself and where Mr Hanky came back. But the only thing I dislike about this episode is the real life version. That was something unexpected. So I will give this a 5.8/10 :?
LegendofJosh

Postby LegendofJosh » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:49 pm

The episode two weeks about about Easter (can't recall the exact name, something along the lines of Jawarkawuz LOL sp? - was the worst episode in the entire history of the South Park franchise. I realize that is a very bold statement, but it's the truth.

I had told myself, with an episode THAT BAD, the rest of this season would have to do some serious digging to dig itself out of this season going down in history as the worst SP season to date. Then the unthinkable happened. This episode happened.

By far, the two worst episodes EVER in the franchise's entire catalog. Do you guys realize we're talking about hundreds of episodes! Never before have I been this grossly disgusted this closely in a single season. No other episodes even come close, and believe me I've seen them all, countless times.

I've never not once been critical of SP, but I think mabye that times has come. These two episodes have just pushed me over the edge I think. It's also just very enigmatic what's going on.

OK, you have the season debut with Reverse Cowgirl. Not the greatest season opener, but not the worst either. I actually liked it... I'd say 8/10. Then I really liked Cash for Gold... a lot of you guys thought it was excessive and a waste of time with the song and map and plane going back and forth to India. I really liked that episode 8/10.

I was indifferent to Faith Hilling. Part of it I loved, some parts of it I hated with a passion. The train angle was great. 6.5/10. Faith Hilling seems to be the "fan favorite" so far this season... just not my cup of tea.

Then we were BLESSED with Butterballs Bully episode. It was sheer genius! Pure comedy gold from beginning to end. IMO, it was better than every single episode from the past three seasons! It was IMO the definition of a classic SP episode. I place it right up there with the all time greats. Maybe I am personally overrating it, but to me it's worthy of being a Top 10 overall pick, and that coming from me such a diehard fan really says a lot.

... so I was super psyched about the new episode this week... but after actually watching it ... OMG, everything about Ziplining episode was trash! 100% garbage! I realize Matt & Trey threw a different angle at us with the "real life" characters, but even that part was horrible, and it doesn't do anything to salvage it from being pretty much the worst of the worst.

I can't decide which was worse.... the Easter one or Ziplining... OMG, both were just unbearable. I was honestly embarrassed watching them, by myself! I felt raped. I felt like I was being tortured. Both of them were nothing more than 1/10. Ive never rated any single episode THAT low.

The one and only funny part of the Easter episode was when Cartman was like "Jesus loves me this I know... because the republicans ... tell me so" LOL ... but that one single part doesn't even begin to be its saving grace.

I'm just going to be hoping ... hoping like hell Matt & Trey blow us away with another all time classic next week. That's the only way I can possibly be left to believe there's still some hope for season 16.
Boarstone

Postby Boarstone » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:18 pm

I hope this was not only the first but last time of lame live action. First episode ever that i really hated.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Last? Probably not.
First? You should look at Mr. Adler's flashbacks in "Tweek v. Craig"
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
99 i fail

Postby 99 i fail » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:25 pm

LegendofJosh wrote:The episode two weeks about about Easter (can't recall the exact name, something along the lines of Jawarkawuz LOL sp? - was the worst episode in the entire history of the South Park franchise. I realize that is a very bold statement, but it's the truth.

I had told myself, with an episode THAT BAD, the rest of this season would have to do some serious digging to dig itself out of this season going down in history as the worst SP season to date. Then the unthinkable happened. This episode happened.

By far, the two worst episodes EVER in the franchise's entire catalog. Do you guys realize we're talking about hundreds of episodes! Never before have I been this grossly disgusted this closely in a single season. No other episodes even come close, and believe me I've seen them all, countless times.

I've never not once been critical of SP, but I think mabye that times has come. These two episodes have just pushed me over the edge I think. It's also just very enigmatic what's going on.

OK, you have the season debut with Reverse Cowgirl. Not the greatest season opener, but not the worst either. I actually liked it... I'd say 8/10. Then I really liked Cash for Gold... a lot of you guys thought it was excessive and a waste of time with the song and map and plane going back and forth to India. I really liked that episode 8/10.

I was indifferent to Faith Hilling. Part of it I loved, some parts of it I hated with a passion. The train angle was great. 6.5/10. Faith Hilling seems to be the "fan favorite" so far this season... just not my cup of tea.

Then we were BLESSED with Butterballs Bully episode. It was sheer genius! Pure comedy gold from beginning to end. IMO, it was better than every single episode from the past three seasons! It was IMO the definition of a classic SP episode. I place it right up there with the all time greats. Maybe I am personally overrating it, but to me it's worthy of being a Top 10 overall pick, and that coming from me such a diehard fan really says a lot.

... so I was super psyched about the new episode this week... but after actually watching it ... OMG, everything about Ziplining episode was trash! 100% garbage! I realize Matt & Trey threw a different angle at us with the "real life" characters, but even that part was horrible, and it doesn't do anything to salvage it from being pretty much the worst of the worst.

I can't decide which was worse.... the Easter one or Ziplining... OMG, both were just unbearable. I was honestly embarrassed watching them, by myself! I felt raped. I felt like I was being tortured. Both of them were nothing more than 1/10. Ive never rated any single episode THAT low.

The one and only funny part of the Easter episode was when Cartman was like "Jesus loves me this I know... because the republicans ... tell me so" LOL ... but that one single part doesn't even begin to be its saving grace.

I'm just going to be hoping ... hoping like hell Matt & Trey blow us away with another all time classic next week. That's the only way I can possibly be left to believe there's still some hope for season 16.

^Note to legit SP fans, the above is an example of trolls. They come up with psychotic conspiracy theories that say that SP has gone downhill and that M&T are the worst since season 1. They post about how they registered just to say this episode was the worst in the SP franchise. There are some episodes that are almost completely indisputably the 20 worst episodes of all time. Any episode this season with the possible exception of "Cash for Gold" is not on that list.

If anyone said this episode or 'Butterballs' were the worst episodes of all time, GET THE F*** OUT OF HERE AND STOP WATCHING! And you guys could hate the live action parts, but don't say that they were unbearably the worst thing you've ever watched in the history of South Park. Now THAT'S trolling.

And another note to LEGIT fans, ignore the people who say 1/10 on every episode and start their psychotic theories on how South Park is 'selling out'
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Lyon82

Postby Lyon82 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:30 pm

It's funny actually with so many people complaining about this season while wishing for the show to go back to its roots. They've been doing this quite a bit, yet people still seem to gripe about it. We got a return of several classic catchphrases, Mr. Hankey, and even a return to random live action sequences. For years people have wanted throwbacks to those early years and when they get it....

Live action segments or pictures were often worked into early season episodes, often in the form of commercials. They were always cheesy and ridiculous because South Park has always relied so heavily on the absurd to do anything else would be out of place.

Not sure why some people even bother watching if they are just going to complain at old jokes or new alike. I've been watching since the 90s and look forward to what is going to be lampooned next. There are episodes I don't get because the comedy is really broad and sometimes it just doesn't connect. However, because the humor is broad there is a wide range in what can be done and lent to the longevity. More often than not there is something amusing to be found unless your sense of humor is incredibly narrow (which does seem to be becoming more common in recent years.) And you know, sometimes there is such a thing as an off week and knowing that not every episode can be the best one ever.

Jeeze, I didn't even care for this episode that much, but some of the criticism for every recent episode makes me wonder why people are watching the show if they can't find anything in it entertaining. I bet they could make an entire episode rearranging dialogue from the first three season's episodes and it's still not be enough like the classic episodes for their liking.
yamilynn

Postby yamilynn » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 pm

99 i fail wrote:
LegendofJosh wrote:The episode two weeks about about Easter (can't recall the exact name, something along the lines of Jawarkawuz LOL sp? - was the worst episode in the entire history of the South Park franchise. I realize that is a very bold statement, but it's the truth.

^Note to legit SP fans, the above is an example of trolls. They come up with psychotic conspiracy theories that say that SP has gone downhill and that M&T are the worst since season 1. They post about how they registered just to say this episode was the worst in the SP franchise. There are some episodes that are almost completely indisputably the 20 worst episodes of all time. Any episode this season with the possible exception of "Cash for Gold" is not on that list.

If anyone said this episode or 'Butterballs' were the worst episodes of all time, GET THE F*** OUT OF HERE AND STOP WATCHING! And you guys could hate the live action parts, but don't say that they were unbearably the worst thing you've ever watched in the history of South Park. Now THAT'S trolling.

And another note to LEGIT fans, ignore the people who say 1/10 on every episode and start their psychotic theories on how South Park is 'selling out'

Completely agreed. I'm tired of people whining and complaining about how much they hated this episode every ten minutes. If you don't like the new South Park, stop watching it! :roll:
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
Mrs.KennyMcCormick

Postby Mrs.KennyMcCormick » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:42 pm

I seriously give up on this forum... Most of the people are trolls, and others hate the new SP episodes, but they still watch it anyway.

For the last time- don't get an account if you just want to complain about one episode. I usually skip reading those "opinions" (Sometimes I feel like they are the same person making different users.) It's a waste of time.

To M&T, or at least nall, if you're reading this: Thank you for putting the time into the live action scene. I'm surprised that people are hating a show that you put some time into trying to surprise us with new and different materials.

There is really no "true" way that South Park is. It's a freaking show, godd*mnit. If you don't like it then please stop watching. (I don't mean this for people that didn't like the episode, but for the ones that keep on complaining about how SP is going downhill, and don't give any new episode a chance.)
Mrs. Kenny McCormick
nancy_tangerine

Postby nancy_tangerine » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:46 pm

Great episode! I didn't expect that live action part at all, ever. I had a lot of fun!
"Oh my God, what's up with this cartoon?!"
yamilynn

Postby yamilynn » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:50 pm

What's the point of these trolls signing up on here to leave preposterous comments on a 30-minute episode? How lame :roll:
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:51 pm

If you think someone is trolling, just click on the report link and I'll have a look at the trolling post. I'll give out a month's ban for that. Now stop trolling, you trolling trollers!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”