*1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Discussi

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Felixa

Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc

Postby Felixa » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:53 pm

Big-Will wrote:Last? Probably not.
First? You should look at Mr. Adler's flashbacks in "Tweek v. Craig"

Nah. The very FIRST live action South Park moment was in Mr. Hankey The Christmas Poo... Though it was a commercial that only lasted 1-2 minutes. I didn't hear anyone complain about that.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:58 pm

I didn't include that in my transcript, heh. It's in the official script though.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:01 pm

We should all ignore the trolling trollers. Only real fans allowed here. I love SP old and new and will continue to look forward to Sun for press night and Wed for view night! Every episode is different from the next and surprising and has to have at least one interesting element. People love to ignore the blah episodes of previous seasons and pick on the new ones. Lame. :roll:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Mrs.KennyMcCormick

Postby Mrs.KennyMcCormick » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:03 pm

Felixa wrote:

Nah. The very FIRST live action South Park moment was in Mr. Hankey The Christmas Poo... Though it was a commercial that only lasted 1-2 minutes. I didn't hear anyone complain about that.

Another of the live action scenes are the advertisments for the wild wacky action bike and Alabama mayn in Chinpokomon.

Edit: Spelling errors...fail
Mrs. Kenny McCormick
99 i fail

Postby 99 i fail » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:07 pm

Big-Will wrote:If you think someone is trolling, just click on the report link and I'll have a look at the trolling post. I'll give out a month's ban for that. Now stop trolling, you trolling trollers!

If what the following I say comes off mean (most of the stuff I say here has a mean-ish tone), I don't mean it that way. I am simply asking a few questions. I tried to make this as nice as possible with still 'making my point'.

What's your definition of troll? And what's the use of a month's ban? Do you delete the 'spam' posts? Because yes people get alot less credibility if they just make their account, because some people just make 'spam accounts', but they could just make another account? because I'm pretty sure IP address blocking wouldn't be used in trolling cases that are trivial on the big scale of internet consequenses (some go extreme like 50 years of jail!)

And high-five for everybody who posted after my anti-trolling post! Hopefully people actually realize and take this seriously (not trying to exaggerate in any way).
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Felixa

Postby Felixa » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:09 pm

Mrs.KennyMcCormick wrote:
Felixa wrote:

Another of the live action scenes are the advertisments for the wild wacky action bike and Alabama mayn in Chinpokomon.

Edit: Spelling errors...fail

There is also another commercial in Cherokee Hair Tampons. So that's now 5 instances of live action before the zipline episode.
EDIT : Just remembered there was another in Pip.
maxbjr

Postby maxbjr » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:33 pm

Big-Will wrote:If you think someone is trolling, just click on the report link and I'll have a look at the trolling post. I'll give out a month's ban for that. Now stop trolling, you trolling trollers!

Thanks for the info Big-Will, but I don't have the 2 - 3 hours to spend picking out the trolls right now. Maybe over the weekend I'll find the time. :P (trolling has gotten really bad recently)
tyty13

Postby tyty13 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:22 am

just a theory, but i think that this episode might be an allegory to the creation of the show and where it is now. For example when they got off the 1st zip line the guy says something along the line of there being 16 more zip lines and there are now 16 seasons. another instance is when coming up with the idea of zip lining, Stan says "that's new isn't it?" which points out that the show has been on for quite some time and its getting more difficult to come up with ideas. There are a lot of ways i can make connections but another big one was being rescued by Mr. Hankey. Mr. Hankey first appeared in "the spirit of Christmas" thus representing a time before south park, right around when trey parker made"Cannibal! The Musical"; so maybe the rescue refers to "The Book of Mormon" because they were able to have a lot of fun with it. Maybe its kind of a stretch but what ever. Oh and don't ban trolls In spirit of Mike Stone and Trey Parker. Both of these men have issues with censorship and getting in trouble because people dont like what they have to say, so as a true south park fan it seems kind of hypocritical
JolieKlaus

Postby JolieKlaus » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:24 am

I've been watching SP since high-school and have been signed up on the site for years but this is the first time I've ever felt the need to post. I'm a rabid fan of the show who irritates friends by comparing everything that happens in life to a SP episode and answering their questions w/lines from a character or even sometimes singing a Cartman classic!

But this particular episode was traumatizing. My life if so fkd up that I have to watch the show in order to fall asleep. After 16 years of finding every single episode fan fkg tastic ... when I couldn't find a single thing to laugh at it made me panic! All of the sudden I'm Stan in the You're Getting Old episode!!! Oh sh*t! Why can't I find anything funny??????? No wait ... I'm not ready to be old I'm sure SOMETHING will happen that will make me laugh???

To make a long story short ... I think a lot of other peeps may have had the same thing happen. I can't comprehend anyone not having mad love for SP. I think peo just panic if they can't find anything in it that makes them laugh so they come to the boards hoping others felt the same way so they can tell themselves. "Whew! Ok ... I'm not the only one that kept hearing sh*t."

:wink:
John_117

Postby John_117 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:20 am

Am I the only person here who found the live-action part the funniest?
JayDrew

Postby JayDrew » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:22 am

I found most of it to be ridiculously boring... I had high hopes for the episode's description that made it sound like an adventure, but then it was just REALLY dull. Kind of like how the boys were really excited about the IDEA of going ziplining, but then it was so tedious, stupid and boring. IMO Trey was messing with us again with this episode. This episode reminded me of "Not without my anus" and "More crap". I am assuming many of you realized that it was a joke on the fans and liked that...I guess I'm just not cool enough to enjoy being intentionally bored (after all, it killed Kenny...get it?)

OTOH, the live action stuff was good as it was so unexpected. Also did anyone else think the actor who portrayed Kenny tried to make him sound slightly retarded?
John_117

Postby John_117 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:24 am

JayDrew wrote:OTOH, the live action stuff was good as it was so unexpected. Also did anyone else think the actor who portrayed Kenny tried to make him sound slightly retarded?

I wouldn't say retarded...his voice is unusually deep. And THIS IS KENNY we're talking about here.
99 i fail

Postby 99 i fail » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:36 am

John_117 wrote:Am I the only person here who found the live-action part the funniest?

You're not alone, I found the live-action to be the funniest. I wasn't rofl-ing, but it was funny.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
SarahStone

Postby SarahStone » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:37 am

Stanluv25 wrote:We should all ignore the trolling trollers. Only real fans allowed here. I love SP old and new and will continue to look forward to Sun for press night and Wed for view night! Every episode is different from the next and surprising and has to have at least one interesting element. People love to ignore the blah episodes of previous seasons and pick on the new ones. Lame. :roll:

Thank you! I agree.

I liked the episode. It was not as funny as others have been this season - obviously I'm thinking of "Butterballs" here - but it was funny imo. It reminded me a lot of the earlier seasons.

And thanks to whoever posted that picture a few pages back! Matt.... sigh... Matt is just gorgeous, period. <3 (Sorry, I'll stop fangirling now...)
Biscuits

Postby Biscuits » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:48 am

color me insane wrote:The live action was actually my favorite part. It was just so fxcking random and irrelevant...and the horrible acting had me in giggles. :lol:
"Kenny, who's idea was it to go zip-lining. Mine or Kyle's?"

"I don't know. I really don't give a sh*t." His facial expression when he said that. LMAO.

That part had me laughing. It was their terrible acting that made it funny. I guess some people either didn't get the joke, or they just have a different sense of humor and didn't find it funny.

Personally..I love when they do silly live action parts, but nothing is as funny as the commercials for children's toys they did a few seasons ago. Maybe if they had actually used real kids for this episode, and gotten them to curse (or just bleep over their voice), it would have been funnier.

I'd happily volunteer my bastard 10 year old nephew to play Cartman..he's fat, annoying, and likes to cuss people out. :)

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”