*1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Discussi

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

m1carbine6644
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:19 am

Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc

Postby m1carbine6644 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:20 am

I'm confident Matt and Trey are intelligent enough to be able to distinguish actual fans vs. trolls when they see feedback on the internet. This episode quickly became one of my favorites.



The live action Kenny killed me. Loved how laid back he was, just how I'd picture him being.

"I don't know I really don't give a ****...." :unhoodedkenny:
99 i fail
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc

Postby 99 i fail » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:56 am

LegendofJosh wrote:
99 i fail wrote:
LegendofJosh wrote:The episode two weeks about about Easter (can't recall the exact name, something along the lines of Jawarkawuz LOL sp? - was the worst episode in the entire history of the South Park franchise. I realize that is a very bold statement, but it's the truth.

I had told myself, with an episode THAT BAD, the rest of this season would have to do some serious digging to dig itself out of this season going down in history as the worst SP season to date. Then the unthinkable happened. This episode happened.

By far, the two worst episodes EVER in the franchise's entire catalog. Do you guys realize we're talking about hundreds of episodes! Never before have I been this grossly disgusted this closely in a single season. No other episodes even come close, and believe me I've seen them all, countless times.

I've never not once been critical of SP, but I think mabye that times has come. These two episodes have just pushed me over the edge I think. It's also just very enigmatic what's going on.

OK, you have the season debut with Reverse Cowgirl. Not the greatest season opener, but not the worst either. I actually liked it... I'd say 8/10. Then I really liked Cash for Gold... a lot of you guys thought it was excessive and a waste of time with the song and map and plane going back and forth to India. I really liked that episode 8/10.

I was indifferent to Faith Hilling. Part of it I loved, some parts of it I hated with a passion. The train angle was great. 6.5/10. Faith Hilling seems to be the "fan favorite" so far this season... just not my cup of tea.

Then we were BLESSED with Butterballs Bully episode. It was sheer genius! Pure comedy gold from beginning to end. IMO, it was better than every single episode from the past three seasons! It was IMO the definition of a classic SP episode. I place it right up there with the all time greats. Maybe I am personally overrating it, but to me it's worthy of being a Top 10 overall pick, and that coming from me such a diehard fan really says a lot.

... so I was super psyched about the new episode this week... but after actually watching it ... OMG, everything about Ziplining episode was trash! 100% garbage! I realize Matt & Trey threw a different angle at us with the "real life" characters, but even that part was horrible, and it doesn't do anything to salvage it from being pretty much the worst of the worst.

I can't decide which was worse.... the Easter one or Ziplining... OMG, both were just unbearable. I was honestly embarrassed watching them, by myself! I felt raped. I felt like I was being tortured. Both of them were nothing more than 1/10. Ive never rated any single episode THAT low.

The one and only funny part of the Easter episode was when Cartman was like "Jesus loves me this I know... because the republicans ... tell me so" LOL ... but that one single part doesn't even begin to be its saving grace.

I'm just going to be hoping ... hoping like hell Matt & Trey blow us away with another all time classic next week. That's the only way I can possibly be left to believe there's still some hope for season 16.


^Note to legit SP fans, the above is an example of trolls. They come up with psychotic conspiracy theories that say that SP has gone downhill and that M&T are the worst since season 1. They post about how they registered just to say this episode was the worst in the SP franchise. There are some episodes that are almost completely indisputably the 20 worst episodes of all time. Any episode this season with the possible exception of "Cash for Gold" is not on that list.

If anyone said this episode or 'Butterballs' were the worst episodes of all time, GET THE F*** OUT OF HERE AND STOP WATCHING! And you guys could hate the live action parts, but don't say that they were unbearably the worst thing you've ever watched in the history of South Park. Now THAT'S trolling.

And another note to LEGIT fans, ignore the people who say 1/10 on every episode and start their psychotic theories on how South Park is 'selling out'


Wow dude - I think YOU might just want to chill out. This is a public message board, and everyone here is entitled to their own personal opinion(s). You probably think 99% of any *new* poster is a troll, but the fact of the matter is, you don't know that.

I can only imagine how *legit* fans and posters who really want to contribute and engage in worthwhile discussion feel after someone like "you" just jumps out of the woodwork and claims they're a troll. I am one of those *legit* fans and my post was 100% how I felt about this episode and this season so far. I wasn't just bashing... did you NOT read how I was praising Cowgirl and Cash for Gold? Did you not see how I was saying Butterballs was one of the greatest of all time?

I can already tell you're one of those so-called fans who think you're some *elite* fan and that your opinions are high-and-mighty while most other posters just need to keep quite and let you seemingly just attempt to bully other posters (especially new ones such as myself)... am I right? It's short-sighted, narrow-minded, gun-jumping, trigger-pulling posters like YOU that actually degrade any said message board.

_____

On another note after having to post to captain jackass above - I think I may have personally overrated Butterballs in the aspect that I made the statement it was > all of the past three seasons.

After further evaluation: those listed below are better than or equal to Butterballs.

Season 13 - Fishsticks, Butters' Bottom Bitch

Season 14 - The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs, Creme Fraiche

Season 15 - The Last of the Meheecans, 1% (how in the hell could have I have forgotten this one?!)

Here's a quick list of others from the past three seasons that are just as good and/or equal to Butterballs Bully: W.T.F., Poor and Stupid, City Sushi

(also, why doesn't my own personal avatar show?)


Since you post was an obvoious backlash to mine:
First of all, I'm NOT elite in any way. Joining after YGO is not really considered seniority. Being there since Season 3 would be in MOST people's minds. Not all. And yes, I DO let people have their own opinion. If I was a "super-moderator" and had the option to delete any post I had with no conditions, I would NOT just go around and delete everyone's posts that disagree with my opinion.
I can only imagine how *legit* fans and posters who really want to contribute and engage in worthwhile discussion feel after someone like "you" just jumps out of the woodwork and claims they're a troll.

Well, I'm going to make some posts that simulate real ones:

user:X(if that is a real user, this post does NOT express their opinions or mine)
This was by far the worst episode of South Park. I've watched almost every episode twice, and this episode was just lame. Parodies of reality TV shows are SO 2009. They weren't even funny! I fell asleep after watching 3 minutes. When I woke up, I fell asleep so much I wound up watching the show in 9 segments. The live action part was 'what the f***!' It is by far the worst piece of s*** I have ever seen. The actors didn't resemble the characters, and I was very disgusted after watching it. And that includes watching probably the grossest stuff ever. This episode was an utter disgrace. The South Park producers should be ashamed of themselves. It is so bad that it should be taken off the air permanently and that Comedy Central should release a formal apology. let me guess, those [insert extreme insult here] wouldn't do that after the 200/201 scandal!

user:I_Hate_SP (if that is a real user, this post does NOT express their opinions or mine)
That is the worst episode of all time! As soon as I watched the first few seconds, I turned it off. It was the most torturous thing I've ever done in my life to watch the whole things. I cut myself while watching, and even tried to find ways to attempt suicide.

Matt and Trey are selling out. Every episode gets more and more torturous to watch, and all their ideas are extremely unorigional. It is a waste of time to watch. South Park is going to hell, and God better help it before it falls into the depths of epic failure.


See, the second paragraph of the second example post is what makes people seem troller-like. Not all of them are trolls, but most of them are.

All the name's you called my in your lame as s*** coutnerpost:
•short-sighted
•narrow-minded
•gun-jumping
•trigger-pulling
•Captain Jackass

If you F***ING DARE CALL ME NAMES, YOU WILL GET A POST AS LONG AS THIS ONE, AND THAT INCLUDED EVERYTHING WITHIN THE TEXT FIELD, INCLUDING YOUR INITIAL QUOTES, WHAT I SAY, AND ALL YOUR OTHER QUOTES, MADE OF UNCESORED CUSS WORDS. And bother me after that, I'll drop THE R-BOMB and C-BOMB on you. And once you include those, things get serious. And that goes to ANYONE HERE.

I am not f***ing hypocritical, and I let people post their own opnions. Maybe I don't like them, doesn't mean I won't let them express their opinions.

I SPARED YOU BY THE SKIN OF YOUR TEETH. AND IF YOU F***ING BOTHER ME AGAIN, YOU'RE GETTING THE CONSEQUENSES I SAID ABOVE. I WON'T CHICKEN OUT.

Hope everyone read that wisely, because if you don't it'll be costly.

And if I get a ban, I don't give a f***. I'll just make '99 i fail 2' and start from there. And if anyone says to calm me down, I don't care either.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Donegati
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:56 pm

Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc

Postby Donegati » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:08 am

I'm starting to think that most people didn't like the live action scene because they didn't really understand the point of it.
You'd expect someone who watched 15 seasons would get that and have fun with Matt and Trey during that scene, and understand why that was so genious, but apparently... I'm one of the few who did.
LegendofJosh
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:43 pm

Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc

Postby LegendofJosh » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:25 am

To Brendle:

This is a message board where we discuss South Park. We make comments about South Park. Whether they're positive comments or negative comments about South Park - they're about South Park.

This is not a message board where we take personal shots at other posters and promote malice and we're overly critical of other posters WHEN ALL THEY'RE DOING IS SHARING THEIR OWN PERSONAL THOUGHTS OF THE SHOW WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE (South Park).

Your comments towards me are personal. You'll probably make some false statement along the lines of "they're not personal comments, just in general" ... but you saying something along the lines of "and everyone by now reading this is yawning" ... I mean come on dude, that's just you being spiteful; let's not pretend you're not. Since when did you represent everyone? I'm here to discuss South Park. I'm not here to make comments such as "you're a terrible writer" and "Ha! You'd never be picked for a South Park debate team!" ...

LOL - OK - time out here (haha, Jesus Christ)

A) I never have, and never will care what YOU think of my "writing skills" ... OMG, let me start crying, you mean old bully!

B) I'm 100% sure no one else here cares about your opinion of their own personal writing skills. But hey guy, if you being critical of said poster's writing skills helps you combat your own personal disappointment of being on the bottom lower end of the T.M.I. scale, then more power to you.

:lol:

C) I didn't make the South Park debate team. Hey, that Cash for Gold shopping network host should as very well been me. I mean hell, after a diss like that, what reason do I have to live anymore?

:roll:

You keep making the statement I am only posting my opinion and not "backing it up" ... so I suppose in your mind and by your logic I "deserve" the negative comments you're tossing in my direction.

OK fair enough, but then by that same logic, you should be quoting and making negative comments to all the other posters who are making a negative comment and not backing their claims up.

My God, let's go back and see how many posters ONLY posted their own personal opinion of how they felt about the show. Let us count the ways. Why didn't you quote them and give them your $0.02 about how they're not doing enough. About how they're basically "in the wrong" for not explaining why they felt the way they did.

Hell, let's take it a step further. All the posters who gave the episode POSITIVE comments. All they did was reply and say "hey great episode!" or "10/10 haven't laughed that hard in a long time" ... hey wise guy, why didn't you quote them and get on their ass about not explaining why?

You realize what I'm doing here, don't you? I'm making you seem like you're playing favorites or in my case, least of favorites.

I did nothing to deserve your critique... all I did was post my own personal opinion. If I did deserve as much, then all the other posters who did the same (post their opinions and nothing more) then they deserved the same, yet somehow me the *new guy* gets your worthless, pointless, hypocritical garbage spewed in my direction.

Imagine that... seasoned posters picking on the *new guy* ...
Last edited by LegendofJosh on Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
LegendofJosh
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:43 pm

Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc

Postby LegendofJosh » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:28 am

To 99 i fail

LOL

:lol:

You need to chill. I'm not even getting into this again with you. You are obviously MAD. You are UPSET. Look at your post, read it again. Doesn't take someone of genius to connect the dots.

It's probably b/c what I posted was pretty much on-point, and it struck a cord with you.

I'm not here to get into it with posters like you who "BLAH BLAH BLAH" calling every other poster a troll without actually knowing them. I don't know you all that well, but hey, one thing's for sure, I can EASILY draw the conclusion you're a short-fuse ticking time-bomb.
99 i fail
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc

Postby 99 i fail » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:38 am

LegendofJosh wrote:To 99 i fail

LOL

:lol:

You need to chill. I'm not even getting into this again with you. You are obviously MAD. You are UPSET. Look at your post, read it again. Doesn't take someone of genius to connect the dots.

It's probably b/c what I posted was pretty much on-point, and it struck a cord with you.

I'm not here to get into it with posters like you who "BLAH BLAH BLAH" calling every other poster a troll without actually knowing them. I don't know you all that well, but hey, one thing's for sure, I can EASILY draw the conclusion you're a short-fuse ticking time-bomb.


What you said wasn't enough to give you the cuss-word treatment. And no, I didn't chicken out. If I said your quote was true, I would be accepting defeat. It would be a cold day in hell before I did that, and I mean literally. And don't think the fact I didn't make you think that I secretly think you were right. and I do ANYTHING to prove my point, I go to the extreme argument just to. I've even said the r-word uncesored directed at a person on these forums. And yes, I edited it out later. And PS I didn't mean it to offend disabled people.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
(ugly)Bob
Posts: 5860
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:54 am

Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc

Postby (ugly)Bob » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:50 am

Everyone calm down! Its a show! JUST A SHOW! You people are really getting over active and with hateful comments that are personal to some people here. We heard you the first time and now know that you people do not like the show! Stop telling us again and again! Instead of forcing your thoughts down people's throats, let the whole damn thing go and get over it. You (the whole lot of you) obviously wont change the other person's opinions! this entire board has seriously started crawling with haters, anti Parkers+Stone(s), the whole lot of you really need to realize you are all (literally) going around in circles and blasting others with fear and hate speech! Its fine to complain about the show but not how much of a terrible person they are because they watch it and how you lost faith in the show.
Last edited by (ugly)Bob on Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
LegendofJosh
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:43 pm

Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc

Postby LegendofJosh » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:11 am

99 i fail wrote:
LegendofJosh wrote:To 99 i fail

LOL

:lol:

You need to chill. I'm not even getting into this again with you. You are obviously MAD. You are UPSET. Look at your post, read it again. Doesn't take someone of genius to connect the dots.

It's probably b/c what I posted was pretty much on-point, and it struck a cord with you.

I'm not here to get into it with posters like you who "BLAH BLAH BLAH" calling every other poster a troll without actually knowing them. I don't know you all that well, but hey, one thing's for sure, I can EASILY draw the conclusion you're a short-fuse ticking time-bomb.


What you said wasn't enough to give you the cuss-word treatment. And no, I didn't chicken out. If I said your quote was true, I would be accepting defeat. It would be a cold day in hell before I did that, and I mean literally. And don't think the fact I didn't make you think that I secretly think you were right. and I do ANYTHING to prove my point, I go to the extreme argument just to. I've even said the r-word uncesored directed at a person on these forums. And yes, I edited it out later. And PS I didn't mean it to offend disabled people.


If I read into you wrong, then I'm sorry and I'm wrong. All I know is, you said I was a troll and you seemed confident in your statement. I just thought it was quite immature you arrived at that conclusion without actually knowing me. I hope we can go forward and get along with our SP discussion.

You have your opinions and I have mine. I'm sure we'll not always agree, but hey, that's the beauty in message boards. They're intended for posters to agree to disagree.

I'll also acknowledge that trolls do exist. It doesn't mean everyone is one. I'm not one. I assure you. When it comes to being a true fan, I'm right up there with the most hardcore. I'll always love SP... I just honestly found those two episodes to be pure trash.
South Park Jesus
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:27 am

Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc

Postby South Park Jesus » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:31 am

I uh... well... *scratches head* What did I just watch? It was moderately funny but also kind of a slap in the face to fans. I mean... is this something they spent time on or something they scraped together in 5 mins, chuckled at once or twice, and then aired? I get the feeling it has to be the second option. I did laugh... mostly at Kenny's death scene (the face the reenactor? made) but I don't think it was enough laughter for an episode of South Park. Certainly not enough to call it a great one. I can't help but get the feeling Matt and Trey are done putting effort into the series and are just winging it now.

I guess this emoticon sums up how I feel about it: :assface:
yamilynn
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:52 am

Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc

Postby yamilynn » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:38 am

You guys stop arguing already. Arguments and unnecessary rants won't get you anywhere. :)
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
LegendofJosh
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:43 pm

Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc

Postby LegendofJosh » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:43 am

yamilynn wrote:You guys stop arguing already. Arguments and unnecessary rants won't get you anywhere. :)


I agree with you 100% ... I was making comments about the show/SP/episode ONLY. It seems I was attacked and comments were made about me, instead of them actually commenting about South Park.

I just want to talk about the show. I don't want to get personal with other posters. That's not what I'm here for.

(can someone tell me why my own personal avatar is not showing up?)
Last edited by LegendofJosh on Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
(ugly)Bob
Posts: 5860
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:54 am

Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc

Postby (ugly)Bob » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:45 am

...and leave your argument there. No more heated monologues and please no more hateful replies.
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
99 i fail
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc

Postby 99 i fail » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:02 am

LegendofJosh, follow these steps to fix your avatar:

1. Remake you avatar
2. Once on the save/share screen, click create forum avatar, and say ok when it asks you if you want to upload it. It should show up in a few hours after doing that. Then save the avatar.

You can't just make an avatar and expect it to magically appear on the forums.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
LegendofJosh
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:43 pm

Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc

Postby LegendofJosh » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:13 am

(ugly)Bob wrote:...and leave your argument there. No more heated monologues and please no more hateful replies.


Again, I agree 100%. However, when these other guys start to take PERSONAL shots and not SOUTH PARK shots (which is exactly what was transpiring) then excuse me for not playing Butters and letting everyone run over me. Actually, I will play Butters. The Butters that steps up to Dr. Oz (essentially putting someone in their place).

We should keep the posts focusing on the show itself, and not poster wars. Perhaps the "powers that be" should create a sub-section of the forum titled "Trash Talkers" ... with a sub-description of "if you're a negative nancy, and you like to be a bully on these here internets b/c in RL you fall short, unleash that hatred here."

:lol:

It's so ironic two weeks ago there was an episode about "bullying" ... because in my very short time here, that's all I've experienced; which is posters trying to bully other posters. It's actually kind of sad.
LegendofJosh
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:43 pm

Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc

Postby LegendofJosh » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:24 am

99 i fail wrote:LegendofJosh, follow these steps to fix your avatar:

1. Remake you avatar
2. Once on the save/share screen, click create forum avatar, and say ok when it asks you if you want to upload it. It should show up in a few hours after doing that. Then save the avatar.

You can't just make an avatar and expect it to magically appear on the forums.


99 - thanks man. No one has explained this to me even though I've asked more than once!

You seem like a really cool guy, man. I personally apologize if we got off on the wrong foot.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests