*1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Discussi

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

alphanumrc

Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc

Postby alphanumrc » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:24 pm

I can't fairly comment on this episode as I have never seen the show that they were parodying. Thats probably why I didn't find it that funny...
Last edited by alphanumrc on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alphanumrc

Postby alphanumrc » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:28 pm

Big-Will wrote:You should have heard the phone calls they got about that episode. Not many people liked the April Fool's joke they got instead of "Cartman's Mom Is Still A Dirty Slut."

I would love to see a new Terence and Phillip episode, maybe a full show of Mystery at the Lazy J Ranch. I think the south park audience have matured (I use that term lightly) enough to handle another full t&p episode again. Not without my anus was almost 15 years ago. People didn't understand what south park was like yet. I just like the Canadain episodes period, they're silly.
pootycancerXD

Postby pootycancerXD » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:59 pm

Yes, this episode was something they spent time on. The live-action scenes were shot first, over a month ago. Then the episode was made as usual, and the actors were brought back to reshoot some scenes due to changes in the story. Trey thought it would be a nice surprise for the fans, but I'm susre he's got a bitter taste in his mouth after hearing how badly this surprise went over. It's like "Not Without My Anus" all over again.

I'm sure trey doesn't give too much of a sh*t what people think, and he shouldn't. Plus I thought "not without my anus" was actually meant to piss people off? :lol: I hope so because everyone who thinks south park owes them something and that every episode and every scene should appeal to their own personal brand of humor can go F*ck themselves. I think we all can agree there.

I really appreciated the live action reenactment :D I hope they do more crazy unique stuff like that in future episodes.
Mrs.KennyMcCormick

Postby Mrs.KennyMcCormick » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:41 pm

I just feel bad because M&T obviously spent more effort on this episode (by filming the live-action scenes.) I mean, they can't just film that the hour before the episode airs.
I mean, we give M&T less credit than they deserve. They aren't trying to leave us in the dust because their show is a hit. They've signed up for a couple more seasons. And trust me, not every episode is going to be good, but not every episode is going to be bad, either.
Mrs. Kenny McCormick
Day.Walker

Postby Day.Walker » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:56 pm

All the hate on these forums suck.
I thought the live action was awesome and Matt and Trey were really excited to do it.
It's not like it's something we haven't seen before, for me it brings back memories of the live action stuff we saw in seasons 1-3.

But honestly, complaining about the hair colour?
It's a rip on reenactments.
They're never accurate.

I thought the episode was great and I hope the boys keep it up. :)
Soggyburrito

Postby Soggyburrito » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:12 pm

This is definitely the funniest episode of this season so far. They did an incredible job parodying I Shouldn't Be Alive and other similar reality tv shows. I seriously haven't laughed this much at an episode in a few seasons. Shakabra? Genius.
Felixa

Postby Felixa » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:25 pm

alphanumrc wrote:
Big-Will wrote:You should have heard the phone calls they got about that episode. Not many people liked the April Fool's joke they got instead of "Cartman's Mom Is Still A Dirty Slut."

I would love to see a new Terence and Phillip episode, maybe a full show of Mystery at the Lazy J Ranch. I think the south park audience have matured (I use that term lightly) enough to handle another full t&p episode again. Not without my anus was almost 15 years ago. People didn't understand what south park was like yet. I just like the Canadain episodes period, they're silly.

Exactly. Any Canadian episode I will look forward too, ESPECIALLY Terrance and Phillip. :D I'm not even from Canada but I love how simplistic they look and how insipidly creative they are. Hopefully they'll do another Terrance and Phillip episode.

Fun Fact: Matt and Trey actually wanted to create 'Mystery At The Lazy J Ranch' and other episodes but didn't want another Not Without My Anus fallout.
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:13 am

Felixa wrote:
alphanumrc wrote:

Exactly. Any Canadian episode I will look forward too, ESPECIALLY Terrance and Phillip. :D I'm not even from Canada but I love how simplistic they look and how insipidly creative they are. Hopefully they'll do another Terrance and Phillip episode.

Fun Fact: Matt and Trey actually wanted to create 'Mystery At The Lazy J Ranch' and other episodes but didn't want another Not Without My Anus fallout.

ye that would be cool
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
John_117

Postby John_117 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:47 am

This episode and "You're Getting Old" both serve as a testament for all the trolling that goes on here.
ercjames

I should have never watched this episode

Postby ercjames » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:57 am

After 16 wonderful seasons why would you air such a terrible episode? The live action crap was stupid and there was nothing funny about the episode. Very disappointing.
Virus_

Postby Virus_ » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:39 am

Sorry if you kids didn't understand the episode.

Maybe you should stay up late and watch some of these documentaries on the Discovery Channel so you understand the humor in this episode. Instead you watch one show, and probably download it on 4chan somewhere.

No wonder you don't get the reenactors. They are supposed to be terrible, and nothing like the characters of South Park just like those shows like I SHOULDN'T BE ALIVE!

I guess these kiddies don't get satire anymore.
Brendle

Re: I should have never watched this episode

Postby Brendle » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:08 am

ercjames wrote:After 16 wonderful seasons why would you air such a terrible episode?

What I love about the phrasing of this question is the implication that Matt/Trey DECIDED to air a terrible episode. They didn't try to make a GOOD episode that "ercjames" happened to think was terrible...they actually made a terrible episode to piss ercjames off.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
doobie308

Postby doobie308 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:00 am

I thought Kenny was blond?
hitman88

Postby hitman88 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:04 am

seriously lamest season ever, the writers of this season haz really weak humor. Must be a woman in charge. Hopefully the next season gets better...
(ugly)Bob

Re:

Postby (ugly)Bob » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:41 am

hitman88 wrote:seriously lamest season ever, the writers of this season haz really weak humor. Must be a woman in charge. Hopefully the next season gets better...

your comment is degrading to women. Just because you think the show is terrible, does not automatically mean that "a woman must be in charge". You can voice your opinion about how boring South Park is but derogatory comments about women is crossing the line for me and, i am sure, several others.
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”