*1607: Cartman Finds Love* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Biscuits

Re: *1607: Cartman Finds Love* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Biscuits » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:30 pm

My guess is that Token has the crush, and the black girl is going to say she doesn't like Token. Of course, Cartman wants them to be together because they're black.

But as for "Cartman finds love"? I have no idea. He might fall in love with a piece of chicken, for all I know.
ultrachaos

Postby ultrachaos » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:47 pm

The synopsis doesn't necessarily suggest that Cartman is actually in love with the new girl. In fact, he may not even be in love with a real person. I'm definitely interested as to what SPS is gonna pull.
ems1776

Postby ems1776 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Looks like some sort of rip on soap operas, Token and the new girl will datee but than break up and that'll make Cartman sad and he'll treat it like a soap opera. Nice to see the girls being involved for once, hope they don't kill the new girl.
01Fran10

Postby 01Fran10 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:11 pm

maxbjr wrote:
01Fran10 wrote:And if that They were meant for each other was related to Stan and Wendy and finally Cartman is free to confess his feelings for Wendy? 'Cause I've the suspect that Cartman feels something for her just since the episode with their kiss... but he's also the typical boy who'sd use an aggressive attitude with the girl he likes ('cause it's the only way he knows to attract attention)...

Somehow I don't think this would happen. if Eric started going out with Wendy, it would just distroy his friendship with Stan. And of his relationship with Kenny and Kyle would be gone also. I don't even think Butters would stay with Eric if he started seeing Stan's girlfriend Wendy. And of course Wendy's standing with the girls would suffer so she wouldn't do it.

Yeah I thought it too (just trying to imagine the most destructive thing it could happen to not be too shocked by watching it.lol). Well we can only wait at this point... I only hope that it's not Kyle the one who has a crush on Nicole 'cause it would be really too forced...
φ = 1,6180339887…
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:25 pm

I think "they were meant for each other" is going to refer to everyone's assumption that the new girl should hook up with Token just because they're both black. So an attempt will be made by someone (Fatass) to do that and it will fail because Token & the new girl will be too incompatible. If it's Fatass being matchmaker, his attempts to hook 'em up will lead him to get to know that new girl and bam, there's you're crush for Fatass. (And yes, that is an intentional pun.)

And if Cartman really falls for the new black chick, then I would expect him to do some sort of typical stupid Fatass thing like suddenly becoming super concerned about racism or something, with absolutely no self awareness that he was the biggest racist in town. In fact, I can see the episode starting with Fatass saying or doing something kind of racist towards black people only to be totally crushing on a black chick by the end of the first act.

That's my attempt at a prediction, though usually the guys come up with something better than me.

You read it! You can't unread it!
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:54 pm

I think Nicole is just a plot diversion, kind of like Jenny Simon was in Bass to Mouth. I believe Cartman is just using Nicole to get with one of the other girls. As I've said earlier, he's probably pursuing Red or maybe (but probably not) Jenny. I think Red is the apple of Fatboy's eye based on evidence from a couple of previous episodes (T.M.I. and Butterballs) and a deleted scene from another (Medicinal Fried Chicken). My theory is Cartman has secretly wanted to tell Red he loves her for quite a while, but he's too scared to approach her directly because he doesn't want to be rejected and he also doesn't want Wendy to take advantage of another one of his weaknesses.
John_117

Postby John_117 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:03 pm

nwt000 wrote:I think Nicole is just a plot diversion, kind of like Jenny Simon was in Bass to Mouth. I believe Cartman is just using Nicole to get with one of the other girls. As I've said earlier, he's probably pursuing Red or maybe (but probably not) Jenny. I think Red is the apple of Fatboy's eye based on evidence from a couple of previous episodes (T.M.I. and Butterballs) and a deleted scene from another (Medicinal Fried Chicken). My theory is Cartman has secretly wanted to tell Red he loves her for quite a while, but he's too scared to approach her directly because he doesn't want to be rejected and he also doesn't want Wendy to take advantage of another one of his weaknesses.

So in other words, this is a conspiracy, correct? Interesting. I have a feeling this is what M&T will pull off. They love messing with us, correct? I can definitely see them pull up the most jacked up circumstance and have it come to life.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:06 pm

John_117 wrote:
nwt000 wrote:I think Nicole is just a plot diversion, kind of like Jenny Simon was in Bass to Mouth. I believe Cartman is just using Nicole to get with one of the other girls. As I've said earlier, he's probably pursuing Red or maybe (but probably not) Jenny. I think Red is the apple of Fatboy's eye based on evidence from a couple of previous episodes (T.M.I. and Butterballs) and a deleted scene from another (Medicinal Fried Chicken). My theory is Cartman has secretly wanted to tell Red he loves her for quite a while, but he's too scared to approach her directly because he doesn't want to be rejected and he also doesn't want Wendy to take advantage of another one of his weaknesses.

So in other words, this is a conspiracy, correct? Interesting. I have a feeling this is what M&T will pull off. They love messing with us, correct? I can definitely see them pull up the most jacked up circumstance and have it come to life.

Sounds totally like something Matt and Trey would do. Only this time, Cartman actually wants Red to be his girlfriend because he truly has feelings for her.
yamilynn

Postby yamilynn » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:10 pm

nwt000 wrote:
John_117 wrote:

Sounds totally like something Matt and Trey would do. Only this time, Cartman actually wants Red to be his girlfriend because he truly has feelings for her.

Exactly. :D
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:20 pm

This might be (or probably is) analyzing things too deeply, but here is a possible clue to the episode's direction.

There's a new girl in school and everyone wants to know who she has a crush on. Cartman is especially excited. He's discoveRED something inside himself that he never knew he had. Now, to make sure nobody gets in the way of true love, it's time for Cartman to finally let someone know exactly how he feels.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:23 pm

:lol: Bring out the tinfoil hats!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
99 i fail

Postby 99 i fail » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:45 pm

I believe that Nicole is the B plot and Cartman is the A plot. They might have something minor to do with each other, but otherwise I think the plots are unrelated.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:57 pm

99 i fail wrote:I believe that Nicole is the B plot and Cartman is the A plot. They might have something minor to do with each other, but otherwise I think the plots are unrelated.

Either way, girls will be involved in both the a-plot and b-plot.
invaderzimfan#1

Postby invaderzimfan#1 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:28 am

this episode looks pretty good! i wonder who's going to be cartman's true love? i bet its that new black girl!
"I am simply one hell of a butler."-Sebastian Michaelis <3
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:39 am

I was going to say that this episode may not revolve around Cartman because the last episode with his name in the title (Cartman Sucks) actually focused more on Butters. Then: I found this: http://www.cmt.com/news/news-in-brief/1 ... park.jhtml
Cartman getting a duet with Brad Paisley probably means this episode will pretty much only focus on Cartman. Season 16's one fatal flaw is it's overdose of Cartman, who has already dominated three episodes this season and looks to dominate a 4th tomorrow night. So much for a surprise star on tomorrow night's episode. :cry:

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”