*1607: Cartman Finds Love* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

ruffus

Re: *1607: Cartman Finds Love* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ruffus » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:50 am

That's Cartman for you... He doesn't need to watch TV drama, he creates it around himself :)

Yet another split persnoality for Eric, perhaps he should visit Dr Janice at City Wok!
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:16 am

Niels0827 wrote:You think Mecha-Streisand, Trapper Keeper, Imaginationland, the brown noise, or an entire water park turning into piss are realistic?
Nope, I don't think those are realistic. And I did find them hilariously funny :) However,1607 imo was not funny. I said nothing in my OP about Mecha-Streisand, etc, as they weren't in 1607.

Niels0827 wrote:And really...if you're going to use a 10-point rating system, use whole or rational numbers from 0-10. It's evidently not a -2-11 rating system.
I use the system that works for me. It's an open-ended scale; ratings over 10 or under zero are not only possible, they are a foregone conclusion. Look at the 10 point Richter Scale for example. It is a 10-point scale. Nevertheless it too doesn't stop at 10 or at zero. It goes over 10 and under zero as I do in my rating system. So on this 10 point variable scale, this episode gets a -2 from me.

As I stated in my OP, there have now been 230 episodes of SP. One of them has to be the worst. And that one is different for each viewer. This 1607 was the worst for this viewer. Everyone has their own opinion as to which of the 230 episodes is their favorite and which is their worst. I'm posting in the 1607 post-air thread and my post refers to the fact that I didn't like the episode. Big deal. To date there have still been 229 other episodes that I liked better. Again, as I said in my OP, I can't wait to see what Season 16B will bring :)
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:13 am

JVM wrote:All the more painful to me since, you know, in four months Nichole's going to be gone and forgotten just like Rebecca Cotswolds, Kelly, Tammy Warner, Sally Darson, Patty Nelson, and every other major love interest character..

The problem with those characters is: they were 1 episode characters, meaning they serve a minor role in the show, and with the exception of Kelly, were mentioned/used in 1 episode a piece.

I'm kind of shocked you mentioned Patty Nelson, as she had the least screen time of them all.

If Nicole fades into the background, it's to be expected. She's the girlfriend to a background character. Even Wendy, a (former) major character who's girlfriend to a main character has fallen into the background (evidence in this episode as she had only 1 line).
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:25 am

Hmm.

Cupid-Me was weird. I didn't fully understand it...if it's just Matt/Trey saying that Cartman is in love with himself, then surely they could have done it in a more creative way. Plus, the joke's just been done too many times before (narcissistic assh*le falls in love with himself)...all the way back to ancient Greek or whatever, when Narcissus fell in love with his reflection.

Cartman playing match-maker for the two blacks was a good idea. And pretending to be gay with Kyle to keep Kyle/Nicole apart was a nice touch. Those two things just weren't enough for an episode, it seems. They should have had an unrelated B story, instead of trying to stretch the A story into 20 minutes when it didn't have enough steam.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:48 am

I thought it was a decent episode to enter the long hiatus with. Looking forward to October.
raidpirate52

Postby raidpirate52 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:43 pm

zzyzx1...you are FULL of it. Seriously last week: 11/10? This week: -2/10?

Please tell me you're on meth because that is the absolute most stupidest thing I ever read on this board. Your posts here has less intelligence than trolls who make their own thread to say they're done watching the show. Liking "I Wish I never went Ziplining" is hard enough to believe, but liking it 13 points more?? That is just bull.
maxbjr

Postby maxbjr » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:59 pm

Poor Butters, he always seems to be there when Eric is having his most psycotic episodes, lol. After all the cutsey cupid-me banter, it was funny as hell watching Eric have a breakdown and take a bat to him. What a screwed up, schizophrenic, bi-polar little boy Eric has become :P.
"I swear" was great, loved Kyles and the crowd reaction. The girls parts where ok, just wish there could have been more of them. The Game of Thrones history lesson was classic South Park stupid humor :) . (will these kids ever learn anything? lol
) I doubt Nicole will just disappear, but I do think she'll spend most of the time as a background kid, like the other girls. (at least she didn't die :) ) Honestly I thought there would be more hate posts about this episode, since you actually had to think from time to time to pickup on the humor.
Elisplove

Postby Elisplove » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:01 pm

Just South Park can do a good and funny episode about love. I laugh so much with Cartman's cupid and Cartman pretending he's gay just to annoy Kyle xD
Pretty sweet episode, I loved it <3
South Park and it's creators KICKASS :)
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:02 pm

Here's what I got from this episode:

1. More proof that Cartman will do ANYTHING to get what he wants. I mean ANYTHING. And in this case he wanted Token and Nicole to be a couple. There was that Mexican couple he got together as well. He must get a kick out of minorities being together, or maybe his racism doesn't want minorities dating whites. So he'll go through great lengths to make things the way he wants.

2. An good laugh from him singing "I Swear" (There were 2 versions of this song in the 90s. One, and probably the best known was by All-4-One, the other was the country version, performed by John Michael Montgomery.)

3. "Cupid Me" is so Cartman

4. Now I'm sad this run is done and I have to wait til October.
Stan and Kyle :)
Elisplove

Postby Elisplove » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:04 pm

Brendle wrote:Hmm.

Cupid-Me was weird. I didn't fully understand it...if it's just Matt/Trey saying that Cartman is in love with himself, then surely they could have done it in a more creative way. Plus, the joke's just been done too many times before (narcissistic assh*le falls in love with himself)...all the way back to ancient Greek or whatever, when Narcissus fell in love with his reflection.

Cartman playing match-maker for the two blacks was a good idea. And pretending to be gay with Kyle to keep Kyle/Nicole apart was a nice touch. Those two things just weren't enough for an episode, it seems. They should have had an unrelated B story, instead of trying to stretch the A story into 20 minutes when it didn't have enough steam.

South Park is not based in understanding weird things that happen there, you just enjoy it and have fun with it.
South Park and it's creators KICKASS :)
cynthia325

Postby cynthia325 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:32 pm

Elisplove wrote:

South Park is not based in understanding weird things that happen there, you just enjoy it and have fun with it.

I like how you think Elisplove!

I loved this episode... as I love them all. They are fun and they make me giggle.

Until the next run...
UhhIDontKnow

Postby UhhIDontKnow » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:39 pm

This was fantastic, an instant classic. 9/10, my favorite of the season so far.

This episode was my "fudgy charm of sunshine"!
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:02 pm

raidpirate52 please don't attack me on the board. This thread is about the post air discussion of 1607. That's what I did - I talked about how after 230 episodes of South Park I found this to be my least favorite episode. Others may find this episode to be one of their favorites. That's the purpose of a thread in regards to a post-air discussion. If you want to insult me do it through pm and don't post your laundry in a thread whose topic is the post air discussion of 1607.

This thread is not the post-air insulting thread of insulting posters who don't agree with you on whether they liked this particular episode or not. If you liked this episode I'm glad that you did. I give the episode a -2. And I voice no comment on you personally as you unfortunately did to me.

EDIT:

I never said that I'm not watching this show (South Park) again. I did say that of 230 episodes this is my least favorite. I'll continue to watch South Park. I don't know where you got this from.
Last edited by zzyzx 1 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:05 pm

Elisplove wrote:

Sorry, to enjoy a South Park episode I have to understand the jokes.

Nothing makes me laugh if there isn't a clear reason behind it, unless it's completely nonsensical/dumb and taken to the extreme. Cupid-Me wasn't such an example.

If the humor of a joke can't be broken down and explained, then it's probably not very funny to begin with.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
rodejl

Postby rodejl » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:39 pm

Definitely the best episode of a fairly disappointing season. Not sure if Nicole would be a good permanent character but was perfect for this one. Cartman's racism always makes a good episode.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”