*1607: Cartman Finds Love* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Barack_Obama

Re: *1607: Cartman Finds Love* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Barack_Obama » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Barack_Obama wrote:Before I saw the preview pic, I thought he was going to go gay. Seeing as he went Jewish.

I was half-right there.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
SajiNoKami

Postby SajiNoKami » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:11 pm

I loved this episode! It was very solid and well paced. The fact they really made a point to show that "Cupid-Me" was in Eric's head, in front of his mother, Butter's, and Kyle, stood out to me. With his dolls it was alway more hidden from the public, but this time, Eric clearly did not care as much about who knows. I wonder if more will be explored.

favorite exchange:

Kyle:
You are going to tell everyone that you lied and we aren't a couple.

Eric:
Why Kyle? So you can try to ruin things for Token and Nichole?
Look at how happy they are.
Is it that you want to ruin that or are you just homophobic?

Kyle:
GOD-DAMNIT!

I like how it completely flips it.
Makes Kyle look like the jackass..
Then makes Eric look like a decent person,
if you did not know the original motive.
http://sajinokami.com/

formally sage_emerald
scRaTcH#667

Postby scRaTcH#667 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:21 pm

Just re-watched, still cracks me up, caught little things like "..with every black beat of my heart" in I swear lyrics. The Cupid-me thing is just so Cartman... :lol: I'd probly go 0.25 down (to8.75/10) in the rating, but that's only because there's so many better SP episodes and I don't want to overrate this one. It's a great episode anyway.
And yeah, I have to agree with some of you, Cartman is getting crazier every year. He's gone from 'slightly deranged selfish racist kid' to a 'dangerous bi-polar schizophrenic psychopath' over the years... gotta love it! .:mrgreen:

Btw. if M&T really wanted to troll the fans, they'd make Kyle gay... really gay. :lol: 90% of SP fan-base could never digest this (neither would I). It would be such mighty trolling, that I'm almost affraid they'll do it. :timmy: ^^
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:16 pm

scRaTcH#667 wrote:And yeah, I have to agree with some of you, Cartman is getting crazier every year. He's gone from 'slightly deranged selfish racist kid' to a 'dangerous bi-polar schizophrenic psychopath' over the years... gotta love it! .:mrgreen:

Can't get any crazier than having your bully's parents killed and cooked up as chili, and leaving the wedding ring in as proof (and that was 11 years ago). Everything after this is epilogue. :twisted:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Lyon82

Postby Lyon82 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:25 pm

scRaTcH#667 wrote:Btw. if M&T really wanted to troll the fans, they'd make Kyle gay... really gay. :lol: 90% of SP fan-base could never digest this (neither would I). It would be such mighty trolling, that I'm almost affraid they'll do it. :timmy: ^^

After Cartman's pretty much cock blocked him and ruined his shot at pretty much every girl in their school it'd be funny if he tried acting really stereotypically gay just to get back at Cartman. It would be so out of character that Cartman would think he went in too deep again. Not that Kyle has much luck on the revenge attempts.

Unfortunately, given the significant portion of the female fandom that seems to ship all the boys in every direction (and in every position) I'd be afraid of how that would be received.
maxbjr

Postby maxbjr » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:48 pm

Big-Will wrote:
scRaTcH#667 wrote:And yeah, I have to agree with some of you, Cartman is getting crazier every year. He's gone from 'slightly deranged selfish racist kid' to a 'dangerous bi-polar schizophrenic psychopath' over the years... gotta love it! .:mrgreen:

Can't get any crazier than having your bully's parents killed and cooked up as chili, and leaving the wedding ring in as proof (and that was 11 years ago). Everything after this is epilogue. :twisted:

Yes, but you still have to admire how creative his insanity has become now. He can even convince Kyle his view is right and it's Kyle who's not seeing the "reality" of the situtation. lol :cartmanlaugh:
HJR

Postby HJR » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:49 pm

This was the only episode of the season that even resembles southpark
ItalianMattGuy

Postby ItalianMattGuy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:34 pm

Fantastic episode, a great mid-season finale!
This season has been awesome imho
Mr.FlockenToast

Postby Mr.FlockenToast » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:50 pm

I truly wonder if this episode gave us a deeper look into Cartman's f'ed up psyche and his sexuality, I just thought this whole episode was a clever ruse of Cartman's to confess to Kyle, all i know, it made me laugh. Nice C@#$block move Cartman.
01Fran10

Postby 01Fran10 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:53 pm

Awesome episode, I laughed so much... I liked this new cute gossip/soap opera psychopatic side of Cartman, the little obese Cupid (so tender and gothic when he was "dead" into the box with that carillon music in the background), the "gay" game, the final love song "I swear", Cupid final revenge... just all. Oh and SP version of Clippers and Nuggets? Awesome. XD

And what I like the most is the way Matt & Trey have played with common stereotypes bringing them to extreme and showing their stupidity and how much they stop individual freedom: to one side the racist bigotry of Cartman who forcedly wanted "black and black" together, to the other side the position of Nichole father who misunderstands that freedom wanting forcedly his daughter together with "white" persons...

So at the end if Token and Nichole decide to stay together 'cause they really want it and they like each other regardless of their color and people opinions... then true love really wins.

I only hope Kyle will have his revenge one day.
φ = 1,6180339887…
99 i fail

Postby 99 i fail » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:56 pm

i hated this episode. 2/10 and what I consider the 3rd worst in SP history. It didn't make me laugh or chuckle once. It was extremely off and awkward. I would at least raise it to a 6 if Kyle got any type of revenge. Everybody was rather out of character, and the plot was lame and boring. After watching the first 2 or 3 minutes, I just flipped through another 2-3 minutes of footage on the Full Episode Player. I at least watched the entire "Cash for Gold" episode. When I don't watch a whole episode, I know it's horrible.

Top 5 list (number 1 being worst episode ever and number 5 being 5th worst)
1. Pip
2. A Million Little Fibers
3. Cartman Finds Love
4. Funnybot
5. Cash for Gold
(remember the higher up the list, the worse it is)
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls

Postby Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:17 pm

I really enjoyed this one. Certainly nice to see a Token episode and a Garrison lesson. And a neat twist on interracial couples. As others have said, the major con with this episode is the fact that Kyle doesn't get any revenge on Cartman. Though what Cupid-Me did was a great comeuppance. :lol:

All in all, I liked 16A, despite the low amount of my 2 favorite characters. (In fact, this was the first run since 11B to not have Yates. :() Really looking forward to 16B!
Last edited by Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:24 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote:Look at the 10 point Richter Scale for example. It is a 10-point scale. Nevertheless it too doesn't stop at 10 or at zero. It goes over 10 and under zero as I do in my rating system. So on this 10 point variable scale, this episode gets a -2 from me.

Just to clarify, the Richter Scale is not a 1-10 scale, it is open ended. We're just used to seeing values between 0 and 10. Also, the Richter Scale cannot have negative values, only decimals approaching zero. So that's not very analogous to your ranking system, which is fine. Whatever way a person needs to express their opinion is fine.
1-5, 1-10, A-F, decimals, whole numbers, fractions; whatever helps you get your point across, people.

I'm one of those people who just uses words since I can't bring myself to assigning numerical values to something so subjective. I like reading people's thoughts on episodes (good or bad) in the days after and summaries of what they did or didn't like are much more interesting than a numbered ranking. So kudos to everyone who backs their score with something to read.

You read it! You can't unread it!
ems1776

Postby ems1776 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:54 pm

Best episode of 16A by far! Everything was picture perfect and Cartman is back to being himself! Hope this trend continues into 16B!
Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls

Postby Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:01 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:
zzyzx 1 wrote:Look at the 10 point Richter Scale for example. It is a 10-point scale. Nevertheless it too doesn't stop at 10 or at zero. It goes over 10 and under zero as I do in my rating system. So on this 10 point variable scale, this episode gets a -2 from me.

Just to clarify, the Richter Scale is not a 1-10 scale, it is open ended. We're just used to seeing values between 0 and 10. Also, the Richter Scale cannot have negative values, only decimals approaching zero. So that's not very analogous to your ranking system, which is fine. Whatever way a person needs to express their opinion is fine.
1-5, 1-10, A-F, decimals, whole numbers, fractions; whatever helps you get your point across, people.

I'm one of those people who just uses words since I can't bring myself to assigning numerical values to something so subjective. I like reading people's thoughts on episodes (good or bad) in the days after and summaries of what they did or didn't like are much more interesting than a numbered ranking. So kudos to everyone who backs their score with something to read.
I used to numerically rate things back in the day. Eventually I came to the self-realization that the numbers were mostly asspulls, and I was probably just trying to look "professional," being influenced by IGN and the like. :oops:
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”