*1607: Cartman Finds Love* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

sterry329

Re: *1607: Cartman Finds Love* Post-Air Discussion

Postby sterry329 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:31 am

lol. I'm not sure why but I enjoyed this episode. Can't wait for next half!
Felixa

Postby Felixa » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:33 am

That was both adorable and awesome, especially with Cupid-Me firing arrows at Halitosis Girl and also with the I Swear! song. I give this episode a 8.0-8.5/10. ^_^
Lyon82

Postby Lyon82 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:33 am

Great episode, but come on, I think we all were hoping for Kyle to come in with fists flying at the end.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:33 am

I liked it. The cupid bit was a good laugh.

My girlfriend isn't white. It's never been an issue with other people.

Felixa

Postby Felixa » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:35 am

Lyon82 wrote:Great episode, but come on, I think we all were hoping for Kyle to come in with fists flying at the end.

Yeah. I could actually see Cartman running away and then getting punched in the face by Kyle with Cupid-Me laughing. :<
yamilynn

Postby yamilynn » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:37 am

Kyman is canon and I like it now :oops:
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
RougeCupcake

Postby RougeCupcake » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:40 am

I loved that episode! :D
-I just love how it made fun of shippers.
-Little cupid-me just goes to show you that Cartman is indeed one strange little boy.
-And i found it funny how poor Kyle got sucked into Cartman's crazy plans.
9/10!
t1CK
t0ck
8r8k
H34DS
honk
HONK
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:41 am

Hey it's Brad Paisley. For reals.

And that was pretty damn good. I was right in my guess about Fatass playing matchmaker. Can't believe I didn't guess his motivation before the second act. Derp.

Cartman got to be an endearing racist tard and still got a handful of comeuppance from the Halitosis Kid.

Once again though, we have a situation where Cartman does something gay that by itself is fairly meaningless, but in the context of the gay things he keeps doing and gay situations he keeps finding himself in; the evidence continues to pile up. Sucks that Kyle didn't get a chance to clear up the confusion Fatass invented.

This was very good for a season/run finale. Something tells me they've had this story idea in their back pocket for a while. It felt a little more polished than a typical episode.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Lyon82

Postby Lyon82 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:42 am

yamilynn wrote:Kyman is canon and I like it now :oops:

Uh, you're implying that this is consensual. Kyle's pretty goddamn horrified at the thought of a relationship with Cartman much less others thinking they're an item.

Kyle is just really bad at getting caught in Cartman's schemes unwittingly.
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:45 am

As usual, Matt and Trey serve up an absolutely fantastic first and second act, building up towards a finale... that ends up falling flat on it's face.

All the more painful to me since, you know, in four months Nichole's going to be gone and forgotten just like Rebecca Cotswolds, Kelly, Tammy Warner, Sally Darson, Patty Nelson, and every other major love interest character.

If this was part of a run, I definitely wouldn't be tuning in next week, but God knows in four months, like the pussy I am, I'm going to have forgiven everything and be watching again.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:46 am

8.8/10
A pretty solid send off for Season 16A, definitely no cliffhangers or downer ending this time around. I enjoyed seeing Wendy, Bebe, Red, Lola, and Jenny all getting lines and I think Nicole is a welcome addition to the recurring cast. It was obvious Cartman was going to set those two up from the getgo. Cupid Me's antics were also hilarious, especially when he set Fatass up with Halitosis Girl. I also enjoyed seeing the real actual Clippers and Nuggets on the court instead of filler characters. The only things I would change about this episode would be more involvement from the other girls and Kyle telling the truth about his so-called relationship with Cartman, beating the crap out of Fatass, and hooking up with Lola or Jenny, who both showed interest in him earlier in the episode.
yamilynn

Postby yamilynn » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:52 am

Lyon82 wrote:
yamilynn wrote:Kyman is canon and I like it now :oops:

Uh, you're implying that this is consensual. Kyle's pretty goddamn horrified at the thought of a relationship with Cartman much less others thinking they're an item.

Kyle is just really bad at getting caught in Cartman's schemes unwittingly.

I was being theatrical :lol: I know it isn't real.
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
Biscuits

Postby Biscuits » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:52 am

This episode was hilarious, especially the ending..

But I was really hoping that Cupid Cartman would try to set Kyle up with a nerdy Jewish girl. :D
elactor2012

Postby elactor2012 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:54 am

I wonder if they will keep doing this whole "Cartman falls in love with Kyle" for 16B.
Hydroleaf

Postby Hydroleaf » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:56 am

I liked this episode, but I wish it was longer. The cupid bits were funny, cute, and disturbing, but I would have rather had more other scenes. Still great, though.

And poor Kyle. Everyone thinks he's gay for the person he hates despite him obviously not. And he lost Nicole! ;_; (Glad for Token, though.) And he didn't even get to personally get retribution. Good thing Cupid-Cart gave Cartman what he deserved. XD

Can't wait for the second half of this season to come! >_<

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”