*1801: Go Fund Yourself* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: *1801: Go Fund Yourself* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:50 am

A variety of characters already have Facebook presences, even Kip Drordy. :lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Rek

Postby Rek » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:22 am

Gotta say, I'm getting really disappointed with South Park. I've always respected that they delve out the criticisms evenly, but they've been on a real liberal rant recently. Between the Trayvon Martin episode, the Kim K Hobbit episode, and now this, I'm starting to wonder if they're even a true satire machine anymore, or if they've become the same liberal propaganda machines as the Daily Show and Colbert Report.

Don't get me wrong, the humor's still there, but they're oversimplifying issues to the point of recklessness. I understand it's difficult presenting an entire issue in what amounts to about 15 minutes of show time, but come on. 'We don't want you to use the Redskins name because it offends us'? They're keeping the name in spite of the financial consequences, and you could have any other team owner saying the same thing with concern for their profits. There are at least as many Native Americans saying they want the team to keep the name as a homage' to their ancestors, and is South Park REALLY pushing the agenda that if enough people are offended over something that it should be banned/changed? Wouldn't your entire show be nonexistent if this was the standard?

Come on, Matt, Trey, it's time to take a step back and face your hypocrisy. I'm not some senseless hater, I still love South Park and I'm not one of the people saying it's lost its touch just because it's been on the air for 17 seasons. I'm just tired of seeing you get sucked into the same vacuum as the other satirists on Comedy Central.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:29 am

Big-Will wrote:A variety of characters already have Facebook presences, even Kip Drordy. :lol:

Except the updates are pretty sparing and are just rehashed clips. What I was thinking of was the characters talking about what they're doing everyday and posting pics of all of the cool stuff they do when they are not on screen.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:43 am

No one will volunteer to do that without getting paid. People have better things to do than post as a show's character.

Shane Webber

Postby Shane Webber » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:26 am

:twisted: So f**king disappointed that Trey and Matt have bought into this bulls**t.

Funny how the one's offended aren't even native. It's a bunch of white people trying to undo hundreds of years of injustice to our people by "fighting the good fight." Just another attempt to write us out of the history books. Just like Sandy Hook is all of a sudden "the worst school shooting in US history". They neglect to remember the 290 native school children gunned down by the US Government in 1890. Trust me, we have much more pressing issues as a people than a team name. Things like tribal in-fighting the state of our reservations, and trying to keep from extinction are just a little higher on our "to-do" list. Yes, we are Redskins, and every other native I have ever met is as proud of it as I am. Wouldn't have it any other way.
Female345

Postby Female345 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:33 am

Based on the clip I saw on this site's Blog, it looks like it might be a decent episode.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:43 am

I do not like to read tea-leaves, by discussing what would be the next episode, usually almost all of the assumptions will are incorrect. I was expecting whatever one likes, but not this one, given that the world has changed dramatically after the three summer months. Nevertheless, I am convinced that Matt and Trey always know what's best for the show and they do not need anyone's advices. Perhaps the episode * 1801: Go Fund Yourself * will no bad or good and fun, but I prefer to see at first, and then talk.
AlexTri89

Postby AlexTri89 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:50 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:First off, man it feels good to be back!! A whole year it's been.

Anyway, not swayed so far by the episode. I could care less about football. Seriously. I'd rather watch paint dry. So I know any jokes about the 'Redskins' and the sport in general will fly past me. But it says 'the boys' so hopefully there will be some good kids being kids interactions and very little Cartman inference. I wonder what the boys are funding. :?

Same here: I don't follow football at all, but the episode sounds promising. I'm dying to know what the boys have up their sleeves here. Maybe we'll have a clue in the usual Tuesday night 2nd preview clip, but I'd rather be surprised. It's more exciting that way :wink: Season 18, I am ready for you! :-)
TheDarkstar

Postby TheDarkstar » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:31 pm

More social commentary?
I don't really mind it that much, but I was hoping we'd get an original story in this one considering last season was pretty much just social commentary.
Not to mention I'm not big on football, so most of the jokes will probably fly right over my head.
I don't have much authority here, but if you could respect the little I have that would be great!
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:54 pm

^Agreed.
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:48 am

I saw the ads for the episode and I can't wait! SEASON PREMIERES ARE THE BEST!

As for the whole Redskins thing, I've heard both sides of the argument. I've heard people justifying their shaming of the organization for using the term, and I've heard people justifying it by having a PSA of American Indians saying they felt proud having Washington use it. I say this: I don't care. It's a stupid argument to have considering there are far more important things going on. (But I digress.)

Anyway, can't wait for the episode to air. GO SOUTH PARK!
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
yaleblor

Postby yaleblor » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:39 am

i call shenanigans on hulu , they lied . before southpark was moved to hulu you could watch the new season episodes the day after they aired on comedy central . meaning after midnight , and it think it was only for a day or so . then you had to wait till the season ended to watch it again ,
hulu misrepresents and lies to collect a little more of that internet ad money . leaves a bad taste in my mouth

again ,,,,, I CALL SHENANIGANS ! I'M GETTING MY BROOM
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:41 am

yaleblor wrote:i call shenanigans on hulu , they lied . before southpark was moved to hulu you could watch the new season episodes the day after they aired on comedy central . meaning after midnight , and it think it was only for a day or so . then you had to wait till the season ended to watch it again ,
hulu misrepresents and lies to collect a little more of that internet ad money . leaves a bad taste in my mouth

again ,,,,, I CALL SHENANIGANS ! I'M GETTING MY BROOM

We'll see in 90 minutes. Nall assures us nothing will change but the length of time the episode will be available - five weeks instead of one.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”