*1801: Go Fund Yourself* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*1801: Go Fund Yourself* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:54 am

SOUTH PARK
TITLE: GO FUND YOURSELF
Episode #1801 Air date: September 24, 2014

The boys name their new start-up company, THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS.

It's been a while. Welcome back everyone!
GeminiShamrock

Re: *1801: Go Fund Yourself* Post-Air Discussion

Postby GeminiShamrock » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:11 am

THIS IS GREAT! I totally get what they're doing! HAHAHAHA! Trey Parker and Matt Stone are awesome at political commentary.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:14 am

* Watching from the Abyss...an unknown internet stream :o :shock: *

Anyways....

"Washington Redskins. Go F*ck Yourself!" :P

Oh and whenever you compare the NFL to the Catholic Church, something must be brewing. Pretty funny so far. :)

Oh yea....and the Iphone/apple sucks too! :mrgreen:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:35 am

Okay that ending was pretty disappointing. :roll: :|
Such a low note to a decent premiere.

Love the "Redskins" attitude about it though.
"We have fought Eagle and Bear!! The Eagle only beat us by 3 points!" 8)

POS: Making fun of Apple, KickStart, The NFL, The Redskins, The Catholic Church, Roger Goddell and the Sexual Scandal, and Jerry Jones (just because :P )

NEG: Such a dumb reality blow ending. A LOT of uncessary profanity (except for all the "F*ck you(s)". :wink: I think the episode overall kinda dragged. Kinda lost purpose. Just made fun of a 1000 things in 22 minutes. Meh.

7.5/10
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:45 am

So I liked the ISIS stuff and then the Redskins logo with the drawings of a transgender and then one of a transgender f*cking a transgender. Seeing real Indians is kind of what I was expecting though to see at some point in the episode. I remember being a kid or even lately and I thought of the same thing that I could start a donation site and people would just give me money. I remember on this site someone tried to get people to donate to him and his girlfriend. I liked the episode and would give it a good review, like a 8.0/10. I don’t think ISIS or the Redskin name will be going away for at least another year so it has play back power. It was funny when the Football team raided and killed everyone at the kickstarter company. The elevator joke was good. I had never heard of Kickstart before but it is a real site. Good work South Park and I can’t wait for the next one!
What seems to be the officer problem?
DaleReeck

Postby DaleReeck » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:00 am

In the promo released earlier in the week, the office scene with Daniel Snyder had Robert Griffin, but with the injury to Griffin, I love how they changed the aired show's scene to Kirk Cousins. Nice attention to detail :)
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:08 am

8.4/10
Pretty solid episode that featured the boys coming up with an idea only they could conceive: a startup company that does jackshit and goes out of it's way to be a complete asshole to everyone. Even more hilarious, they stomp all over the NFL's most evil owner, turn his team into a band of murderers and get their name dragged through the mud like crazy. What makes this episode even funnier is the Redskins have to play a game less than 24 hours after this episode and deal with the fallout from what happened tonight. I'm sure they're gonna love the fact that they were compared to the world's most dangerous and loathed terrorist group. What makes it even better for me is the team they're going to have to play their division rivals and my favorite NFL team, the one and only New York Giants. Also liked the digs at Roger Goodell, the rest of the league's owners, Kickstarter, ISIS and Apple. As a Giants fan, I also enjoyed seeing Jerry Jones, owner of the Dallas Cowboys, another NFC East divisional rival, looking like a complete moron. If there's anything this episode could improve on, it would be to throw in more NFL players and have someone like Craig, Clyde, Token, Jimmy, Timmy, Tweek, Scott Malkinson, Kevin Stoley or even some of the girls as business partners for the boys. Hopefully we see some of these guys team up with the boys or even taking the lead themselves at some point later this season. Anyways, this episode may have given my New York Giants an even larger boost of confidence going into tomorrow's game against the Washington Redskins, and for that, I give my gratitude to Trey and Matt!
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:46 am

Not bad a lot of the episode jokes I didn't really get I have never heard of Kickstarter and I know nothing about American football.
I did chuckle at a few lines "Oh my God! that weird little Jewy guy! Kyle!” and "“Furry Balls Plopped Menacingly on the Table" :lol:
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:57 am

kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:44 am

As long as Stan and Kyle are on good terms, it's fine. That matters to me a lot.

As for the rest of the episode, I loved the Apple parodies. Their keynotes are so ridiculous and having Cartman do a Steve Jobs/Tim Cook and talk about all these minor changes (like Apple does every year) was funny.
Stan and Kyle :)
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:04 am

I'm not going into detail about why I didn't care for this episode, because nobody really reads responses more than a few sentences long.

Nevertheless, Parker and Stone still do a very good job making political, moral, and ethical statements without coming across as too preachy, and at least they're incorporating the main characters more (seriously, enough of Randy). I just think the humor is more or less lacking. What people find funny today is randomness; not repetition. I've said this for years.
NGC6144

Postby NGC6144 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:23 am

What a snooz fest. I don't see how this show is going to make it through it's 20th season.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:40 am

Well much better season opener than last year. Let Go Let Gov was terrible. I didn't get a lot of the references. Had no idea there even was a football team named the Washington Redskins till now. But I could care less about that sport so there ya go! But I didn't know what to laugh at in terms of when the football people showed up. Also had no idea of a site called Kickstarter. (I'm assuming it is a legit site?) I liked that the boys got along for the most part and Butters was a part of the team not just Cartman's bitch. Their idea was funny but the realist in me went- c'mon, like their parents would really allow them to do nothing? :roll:

I just wish there could be one episode where someone doesn't die. And in a violent way at that. There have been way too many deaths lately and it's not as funny. Random ones here and there, yes, but to burn down an entire company of innocent people? :roll:

It kind of sounded like they were making Stan their Voice of Reason, as usual, by saying they regret selling out to Hulu?? Or am I just hearing things? :wink:
Some very funny parts. Not in a rush to watch again. I give 7.5/10
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
MoonBear70

Postby MoonBear70 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:07 pm

Solid start to season 18! Much better than other season premieres like "Let Go, Let Gov" or "HumancentIPAD".

Goodell-bot was my favorite part of this episode. Liked how they used his actual voice when he was talking to Dan Snyder. The "state of the NFL" speech he gave last week was so devoid of any clarity and conviction, he DID seem like a robot!

Replacing RGIII with Kirk Cousins was pretty cool, too. :lol:
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:58 pm

nall wrote:Episode is now available:
http://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes/s ... d-yourself

Thanks for this update and this link, nall :cartmanhappy:

***EDIT***

After reading some of the new CC terms of use, and clicking on "I Agree," the HULU Episode player started. There were so many commercials. I clicked "not relevant to me" for all of the ads because none were relevant to me. Then the episode started with Cartman in bed saying out loud names (to be used for a new start-up company). Then the screen blurs as the next boy (I don't remember who) says names out loud. Then the picture freezes, then all the video jumbles up into random colors all over the screen with no real picture at all. Yet the audio is working just fine. So I reloaded the player and tried it again. The video is nonexistent but the audio is okay. So much for the much heralded HULU experience. As I haven't seen the episode yet, except for the very first scene where Cartman is in bed thinking up names, I have no comment on 1801 :|

@Hulu you only have one chance to make a #firstimpression. #fail.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”