*1801: Go Fund Yourself* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

kyle_etidiot

Re: *1801: Go Fund Yourself* Post-Air Discussion

Postby kyle_etidiot » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:03 pm

Great start to season 18 - The Redskins attacking Kick Starter was my favorite part, was hoping for an RGIII parody but using Cousins instead was great too.
Tincastle

Postby Tincastle » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:16 pm

Why is the online episode edited for language?

The previous seasons aren't.

Is it because of HULU?
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:26 pm

zzyzx 2 wrote:
nall wrote:Episode is now available:
http://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes/s ... d-yourself

Thanks for this update and this link, nall :cartmanhappy:

***EDIT***

After reading some of the new CC terms of use, and clicking on "I Agree," the HULU Episode player started. There were so many commercials. I clicked "not relevant to me" for all of the ads because none were relevant to me. Then the episode started with Cartman in bed saying out loud names (to be used for a new start-up company). Then the screen blurs as the next boy (I don't remember who) says names out loud. Then the picture freezes, then all the video jumbles up into random colors all over the screen with no real picture at all. Yet the audio is working just fine. So I reloaded the player and tried it again. The video is nonexistent but the audio is okay. So much for the much heralded HULU experience. As I haven't seen the episode yet, except for the very first scene where Cartman is in bed thinking up names, I have no comment on 1801 :|

@Hulu you only have one chance to make a #firstimpression. #fail.

Strangely, I have everything worked fine.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:33 pm

With regards to the new episode ...
I do not know anything about football, it's hard to judge. Ridicule about Apple and references ISIS is a good idea. True, I assumed that office Cartman's should to blow up at the end ...
Poor workers kickstarter company, what for was kill them so ... cruelly :D ... so as to destroy the server? About what happened in the scene with an elevator is anyone's guess, I liked it ... :lol:
However, my grade 6.5. Perhaps need to watch again.
TheDarkstar

Postby TheDarkstar » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:06 pm

Meh.
The first act was alright, I didn't laugh but it kept my interest.
After that everything goes downhill.
As I said in another thread I'm not big on football, so maybe I didn't get most of the jokes (e.g. That part with the robot malfunctioning), but the only time I really laughed was in the conference scenes, a really small part of the episode.
I hope next week's episode is better.
I don't have much authority here, but if you could respect the little I have that would be great!
KiiiickAaass

Can't wait til AdBlock works on this new sh*tty website layo

Postby KiiiickAaass » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:20 pm

Can't wait til AdBlock works on this new sh*tty SP.CC website layout.
Africa Marsh

Postby Africa Marsh » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:41 pm

This episode shows South Park at its worse IMO.

Preachy.

Boring.

Disjointed.

Not funny.

This episode is another one for the "throw away" list that gets longer and longer as the series progresses.
mudlick

Postby mudlick » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:17 am

i get it. great story telling. got me thinking about making a living
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:10 am

agent-FSS wrote:
zzyzx 2 wrote:
nall wrote:Episode is now available:
http://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes/s ... d-yourself

Thanks for this update and this link, nall :cartmanhappy:

***EDIT***

After reading some of the new CC terms of use, and clicking on "I Agree," the HULU Episode player started. There were so many commercials. I clicked "not relevant to me" for all of the ads because none were relevant to me. Then the episode started with Cartman in bed saying out loud names (to be used for a new start-up company). Then the screen blurs as the next boy (I don't remember who) says names out loud. Then the picture freezes, then all the video jumbles up into random colors all over the screen with no real picture at all. Yet the audio is working just fine. So I reloaded the player and tried it again. The video is nonexistent but the audio is okay. So much for the much heralded HULU experience. As I haven't seen the episode yet, except for the very first scene where Cartman is in bed thinking up names, I have no comment on 1801 :|

@Hulu you only have one chance to make a #firstimpression. #fail.

Strangely, I have everything worked fine.

I tried it again. After the endless commercials, the episode starts. This time it went to the lady in some office who looks up company names to see if they are available. The audio at that point continues, but the video just stops - it freezes. Looks like torrents are in the near future in order to watch the episode. ARRrrrrr..... However, the only purpose for this is to view the episode. Too bad :(
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:18 am

Wow, edited for language? The uncensored version didn't come out like before? I'm disappointed. :mad:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
TheDarkstar

Postby TheDarkstar » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:56 am

Big-Will wrote:Wow, edited for language? The uncensored version didn't come out like before? I'm disappointed. :mad:

That worked in its favor.
I'd imagine that the uncensored version wouldn't be nearly as funny.
I don't have much authority here, but if you could respect the little I have that would be great!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:22 am

Okay. f*ck everything. Just f*ck it. Right in the motherfuckin' ear. I just spent... I dont' even know how long crafting this beautiful post on how even thought I'm not into sports but have listened to an all sports station for like half my life now, I've picked up enough knowlege to know that everything in the ep was spot on and everyone over here loved the way Jerry was portrayed (because we really don't care for him, honestly), and hell even one of my favorite Twitterers has a new avvy based on this, and... I let my f*cking computer sit too long and it logged me out. And I didnt' think to save what I had written either. :x

It's late, my eye f*cking hurts, and I've gotta be up in 3 hours to go to work. I'll come back later for more.

motherfucking son of a BITCH!
JVM

Postby JVM » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:53 am

So, "Go Fund Yourself"...

I loved the opening shot of the kids waking up and trying to come up with names on the bus and stuff. I feel odd about integrating the Stick of Truth town shot since it conflicts with not only the show's history in general but the current theme and even the game a bit. But it's nice to see the bus, which is such a rare sight today, and Butters fully integrated with the main gang. Avoiding school is a pretty human goal for the boys and hey, Randy got to show up and be sensible. All the NFL stuff - coming from someone who's not sporty at all, I actually got a huge kick out of the actual Redskins team stuff and the satire with the real situation.

What didn't work? They overplayed the 'don't do anything' joke and the related 'go f*ck yourself'. I know what they were going for but there's so many other ways to make fun of Kickstarter. They could've had the boys pretend to have a super-cool project and then try to fake it to get more money with no plans of giving it back. They could've made fun of all the really dumb gimmicky free gifts - they mentioned the microbands but that was a bit. They could've even just had the kids quit when they found out the company gets 5%. Any of that would've been funnier than people everywhere just latching on to 'not doing anything'.

I also thought the ending felt a little abrupt. It was nice to see the town for a second but it's just a bunch of random background folk and ISIS and there's not even much of a final joke to it.

Despite my negative attitude, I actually enjoyed it for the most part and I'm bloody glad to see South Park back :D

(Now to go backwards in my Wiki-editing to accomodate the new celebrities...)
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:59 pm

BRMBug wrote:Okay. f*ck everything. Just f*ck it. Right in the motherfuckin' ear. I just spent... I dont' even know how long crafting this beautiful post on how even thought I'm not into sports but have listened to an all sports station for like half my life now, I've picked up enough knowlege to know that everything in the ep was spot on and everyone over here loved the way Jerry was portrayed (because we really don't care for him, honestly), and hell even one of my favorite Twitterers has a new avvy based on this, and... I let my f*cking computer sit too long and it logged me out. And I didnt' think to save what I had written either. :x

It's late, my eye f*cking hurts, and I've gotta be up in 3 hours to go to work. I'll come back later for more.

Try writing long posts on Word, Text Edit, Notepad, or something like that, and then copy/paste to the forum. That will work on occasions where you got logged out ;)

I'll post my comments on the episode later. Off to work now :)
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:40 pm

BRMBug wrote:Okay. f*ck everything. Just f*ck it. Right in the motherfuckin' ear. I just spent... I dont' even know how long crafting this beautiful post on how even thought I'm not into sports but have listened to an all sports station for like half my life now, I've picked up enough knowlege to know that everything in the ep was spot on and everyone over here loved the way Jerry was portrayed (because we really don't care for him, honestly), and hell even one of my favorite Twitterers has a new avvy based on this, and... I let my f*cking computer sit too long and it logged me out. And I didnt' think to save what I had written either. :x

Sorry to hear that also. Mamont has had trouble recently too. I agree with zzyzx 2, I always type what I post in word processor and I even save what I write. I have a huge word doc called South Park. I started because it happened to me also. I write a lot and one time everything I had written got erased because I got logged out. Make sure to come back as I like to read what people think about the episodes.
What seems to be the officer problem?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”