*1802: Gluten Free Ebola* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*1802: Gluten Free Ebola* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:30 am

SOUTH PARK
TITLE: GLUTEN FREE EBOLA
Episode #1802 Air date: October 1, 2014

South Park goes gluten free.
nwt000

Re: *1802: Gluten Free Ebola* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nwt000 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:56 am

Seems like the townspeople are going to let being gluten-free go to their heads. Interested to see how the kids are going to put up with this newest round of insanity.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:01 am

nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:04 am

Are Randy and Mr. Garrison going to team up? If so, this could have quite a bit of potential, considering we haven't seen exactly how they get along.
raidpirate52

Postby raidpirate52 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:39 am

Well, the press images seem to go a bit away from the synopsis...so...this can end up being really annoying or just okay.

Hopefully having low hopes will make it better but I'm not exactly pumped. Wednesday night can take its time getting here.
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:14 am

Really excited about this one - after six seasons of being out of the limelight it looks like Mr. Garrison is finally getting another shot as a character.

I'm guessing Act 1 will be Mr. Mackey's pretentiousness about it and then the accident (someone gets Ebola?) or w/e will occur at the end of Act 1 or beginning of Act 2, with the other adults joining in on the fat-free diet thing in this Act, and Garrison potentially acting as the Only Sane Man based on this and the pre-season teaser.

Pre-season teaser suggests we'll see Coach Miles and Mr. Meryl again, too, which is nice.

I'm excited because this looks like it'll be more crazy fun with the big cast instead of a small story with 2-4 real characters and a bunch of no-names and the same joke five times.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:01 am

Will the preview clip be posted soon?
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:36 am

Unlike your regular boring Ebola, our brand-new gluten-free Ebola is actually good for your health. It has a considerably lower mortality rate, plus it gives your teeth and hair that distinct shine. If you order our genetically modified gluten-free Ebola within 30 minutes, you will also receive this convenient spacious body bag as a gift from us. Forget about the regular boring Ebola! Order our gluten-free Ebola complete with a body bag now for just $399.95! What more could you possibly wish for?
Last edited by VACOOLA on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:10 am

Sounds very promising. Loving the images. Guess SP is really shaken up about gluten. And Ebola. Um, what do the two have in common?? I'm always out of the loop with news but I do know people are worrying about both.

So far I have high hopes for this one. Hope it delivers Wed!! :D
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:54 am

Seems eating gluten makes you more vulnerable to getting the ebola virus...

The consequences of eating gluten are dire. Mr. Mackey is now gluten free and everyone is annoyed when he won’t quit preaching about how great he feels. But, after witnessing a disturbing demonstration of what happens to your body when you do eat gluten, South Park becomes the first town in America to go gluten free.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
MoonBear70

Postby MoonBear70 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:20 pm

[quote="nwt000"]Are Randy and Mr. Garrison going to team up? If so, this could have quite a bit of potential, considering we haven't seen exactly how they get along.[/quote

Interesting observation. Good to have Mr. Garrison in this episode. He has had a very limited role in the past few seasons.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:17 pm

I know nothing about being gluten free but I do know about the ebola outbreak in Africa. So I’ll guess that Mackey starts being gluten free but when the demonstration happens that people are mislead to seeing the effects of ebola and not what gluten does to someone. Not the best guess but whatever. I think one of my cousins is gluten free, I wonder how that is going. I’ll have to wait to a video gets released, its too tough to guess what will happen. Looks good though. I wasn’t feeling the ebola idea myself but whatever. So then after the whole town becomes gluten free how do they turn back? I will guess one of the boys can't take it and eats gluten but doesn't die. From there everyone who has been dying to eat real food does and nothing happens and so the gluten free idea is gone with. With people with ebola wouldn't they need people in medical suits to bring them to the hospital? I don't know how everyone doesn't die from ebola but I don't know how ebola spreads. Maybe like Aids or a hand shake? Ebloa is getting very bad in Africa but no one is really helping as much as they should. Or at the end Mackey gets sick from ebola and now people see how gluten free is not better for you.
What seems to be the officer problem?
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:22 pm

Does it have Kale in it?

Man, I hope they use the Ebola song... which I now have stuck in my head. http://youtu.be/1_WOR22-SnY (listen but don't watch. Sad and sort of gross)
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:44 pm

The clip is up! Ya!! And I am lmao at it which is a good sign. Because if it doesn't have gluten in it it's automatically a 'good for you' food. :lol:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:04 pm

The preview clip was funny though I had trouble getting the damn thing to load. Its the same as one of the preview pics. It reminds me of myself when I was very health cautious. I kept thinking I needed food with fiber in it. Then there was the time I tried to only eat very litlle and drink beer for most of my daily calories. Anyways there is no way an American family could survive on no gluten. I wonder what Shelly will say about not eating gluten? I bet she sneaks food with gluten in it and eats it. Stan seems to be the focus of the episode judging by the preview clip. I bet Stan comes up with the solution so people can eat gluten again. I stick with my original thoughts that people are confusing ebola and the effects of eating gluten. This episode looks good because it deals with eating which we all do.
What seems to be the officer problem?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”