*1803: The Cissy* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nwt000

Re: *1803: The Cissy* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nwt000 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:59 pm

LiamBruh wrote:This may belong under post air discussion, but I see a lot of ppl asking why butters burnt down the school and seeing if it is explained in next episode. Well I have seen the episode twice and saw there was writing on the gym wall say goodbye suckers, so he burnt the gym because he thought they would be rich and never have to come back again. I think they may be trying to kill butters off for this season by making it appear as if he is under suspension, I really hope not because I like butters. On topic: Doesn't it go against Wendy's character to be a dike? Since she is a super feminist, is it all an act?

Butters was clearly in the background of this episode's preview clip, I am almost certain he is going to be just fine.
STUTLER

Postby STUTLER » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:30 am

I feel like it's kind of my duty to spread a little light on this subject, since I'm transgender and people haven't really hit the mark yet on the whole 'cissy' thing.

'Cissy' is basically an insult towards cis, or rather, cisgender people.
Cisgender means someone's whose designated sex at birth aligns with their gender. Sex being their genitalia and gender being what sex they perceive themselves as.
Transgender means someone's whose designated sex at birth does not align with their gender.
To use myself as an example, my sex at birth is female, but my gender is male; I have been transitioning since I was 12. There's more to gender transitioning than just surgeries. There are hormones(testosterone and estrogen) involved, there is social transitioning, yadda yadda.

The only people who say 'cissy' are rabid social justice warriors on tumblr who believe that transgender people can choose to be trans and are better than cisgender people for the sole reason that they are transgender.

--
Now, my speculation on this episode is that it's going to be tumblr-based. In the transgender circle on tumblr, there are basically two groups. The transmedicalists(truscum), and the SJWs/anti-truscum/"tucutes"/the tucult.

For those not familiar with these terms, Truscum believe that transexualism is a medical condition characterized by sex dysphoria. Meaning that being transgender is a medical condition, which is currently supported by the brain theory, and that transitioning should be something that is insured.
If you want to read about the brain theory, there are some links about it here, here, and here.

The Tucult(As dubbed by truscum) believes that anyone who chooses to be transgender can be trans, and that it is a choice. They believe people who have no discomfort with their sex at birth can still be transgender, and that transitioning is cosmetic. They idolize Laverne Cox and fetishize transgender women because they are oppressed. These people like to play the victim with everything, and believe they can never be in the wrong because they are the most oppressed.

Now, if you apply these two groups to Wendy and Cartmen, you can see which would be which. Wendy would be a transmedicalist, and Cartmen would be a 'tucute'. It's like Wendy to look for an answer and an explanation in things, and for Cartmen to poke fun at everyone and say he has a right to get away with it because he's a transgender woman and the most oppressed and that his anger at the cissies is justified.

So, from my point of view, I feel like this episode is going to poke fun at the 'gender war' on the social media sites. It wouldn't be unlike South Park to join in on the Tumblr-bashing, considering Stephen Colbert already referenced himself as a "Cis-hetero shitlord." Due to posts on tumblr.
You can see it here at 4:30.

That's what I believe the episode is going to be based around. I could be wrong!
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:33 am

LiamBruh wrote:Doesn't it go against Wendy's character to be a dike? Since she is a super feminist, is it all an act?

On the contrary. "All feminists are lesbians" is an old, widespread stereotype. Wendy is a super feminist, therefore she must be a super dyke, perhaps an even bigger dyke than Garrison. I'm not surprised they've been avoiding it up until now. It's just kind of hard to do something truly original with a stereotype as old and played-out as this one. What really is surprising is their undying interest in the transgender topic, as if Garrison switching back and forth between his male and female selves wasn't enough. I'd like to be wrong, but this gold mine seems to have long been depleted. It's even less fertile now than Garrison's fake womb ever was.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:33 pm

LiamBruh wrote: I think they may be trying to kill butters off for this season by making it appear as if he is under suspension, I really hope not because I like butters. On topic: Doesn't it go against Wendy's character to be a dike? Since she is a super feminist, is it all an act?

No one will ever kill Butters, M & T has said that he always was one of their most successful and beloved characters.
Relatively Wendy better do not get ahead of ourselves, perhaps all not so, as many think.
LiamBruh

Postby LiamBruh » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:48 pm

I didn't mean a literall permanent kill of butters, i meant just for this seasons butters would be suspended from school because they never decided if he would come back at the meeting.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:50 am

Post-air thread up.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”