*1803: The Cissy* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

lukalicious

Re: *1803: The Cissy* Post-Air Discussion

Postby lukalicious » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:56 am

i am like 90 percent certain the girl sing at the end wasn't really Lorde....but was it..I MUST KNOW!! lol
Steamy_Ray_Vaughn

Postby Steamy_Ray_Vaughn » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:29 am

Were there any references to True Detective in this episode? I don't watch it, but I feel like it's popular enough that Trey and Matt would take it and put the South Park spin on it.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:39 am

9/10. Found the episode really funny and I am adoring their continuity run. If this is their new thing- somewhat more down to Earth stories while still touching the controversial and mainstream pop culture like they used to do while now having the episodes linked- then color me very intrigued about the future of South Park!
That's how it's down here on the farm!
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:55 am

Alright, time to let my mind loose.

First of all, I've known who Lorde was for quite awhile. Yes a lot of her songs were flat out recorded onto a computer initially before she had her studio time. With Garage Band and other softwares, it's easier to do. Now everybody knows who Lorde is, and have at least heard a few of her songs. Her lyrics and image are what they mentioned, not the same trash as a lot of other modern pop singers. They wanted to respond to last week and they did it in the best way possible.

Wendy: I still think she likes Cartman more than she shows. She seemed to put a lot into watching him use the toilet this time around.

Cartman whipping the toilet: Funny. Made me laugh.

The gym: Still burnt to the crisp thanks to Butters. Love how they randomly put Cartman next to Token.

Garrison: His modern personality seems more "Please no more trouble."

"You're watching E! Entertainment News. This is how low you've sunk" classic line.
Stan and Kyle :)
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:21 pm

kfgg wrote:Now everybody knows who Lorde is, and have at least heard a few of her songs.

Not everybody. I haven't heard any of her songs, I have absolutely no idea who she is, except for what they told us about her, and I'm not planning on checking her out. I guess I haven't sunk that low yet. :lol: Randy's musical career is of a lot more interest to me than hers. And I don't give a crap about Randy's musical career.

Speaking of which. It's funny, but judging from all the shit-stained underwear Sharon was loading into the washing machine, Randy is not yet through with tween wave music. He keeps on shitting his britches like he did before, even despite the new stage persona. Tween wave is still a huge influence on him, and Lorde is basically Steamy Ray Vaughn wearing a wig in terms of songwriting. This music against constipation came out of the toilet, so that's where it's destined to return. Same goes for the real-life Lorde's music. Though I do believe it might be a good laxative, I'd much rather listen to Vivaldi while taking a dump.
RichardV1150

Postby RichardV1150 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:56 pm

If this new continuity thing is permanent, then count me in. They don't have to reference the previous episodes all the time, but it's good to know time is progressing. I'm very satisfied with this season so far. Go Fund Yourself had a bit of a sketchy start, overall I think this season has had a stronger opening than the last.
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
raidpirate52

Postby raidpirate52 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:52 pm

I can't believe how high people are praising this episode. It wasn't the worst of all, or any worse than episodes last season, but this episode was so choppy.

So many characters bouncing all over the place, that one detective guy who didn't really do anything in the plot sense but was there enough times to bore you. Randy as Lorde was not really that funny in the last episode, and completely meaningless and that one gag was used for more than half of the episode. The autotune scene wasn't even funny in the least, just dragged on and on. Ironically, the one scene that lasted more then 40 seconds.

The whole Wendy thing too, it just came up, and then went completely nowhere.
Africa Marsh

Postby Africa Marsh » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:12 pm

Mostly LAME with a few funny bits.

Randy as Lorde?

C'mon man, give me a break. That was stupid.

Another disappointing episode that digs this season further into the ground.

The boys haven't landed a decent episode YET this season.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:46 pm

According to Lorde on Twitter, Australian singer-songwriter Sia Furler, better known as just Sia, did Randy's edited vocals last night. I kind of suspected that sounded like her last night.
http://moderndistraction.com/that-wasnt ... as-it-sia/
As you can also see, that new platinum blonde haired girl in between Bebe and Wendy last night was a South Park-ified version of Sia. In case you're wondering about what songs she's done, her song Chandelier hit #8 on the Billboard Hot 100 earlier this year.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:32 pm

Damn, why I hesitated to write own assumption, that the giant secret Randy in that he is a Lorde. I did suspected that he is not accidentally was shown dressed like Lorde in the episode Gluten Free Ebola. I expected that Cartman finally really realized that did not like everything, but it turned out that he really just wanted to have his own bathroom. Nicely that he as before fatass egoist. Interestingly Wendy stay Wendell in next episode? I do not know why, but I liked this episode. 8/10.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:04 am

lukalicious wrote:i am like 90 percent certain the girl sing at the end wasn't really Lorde....but was it..I MUST KNOW!! lol

You are right. It was Sia, whose SP version is in the girls room with Wendy and Bebe when Cartman dumps his load.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:06 am

Steamy_Ray_Vaughn wrote:Were there any references to True Detective in this episode? I don't watch it, but I feel like it's popular enough that Trey and Matt would take it and put the South Park spin on it.

I know Randy's double life is pretty much a Breaking Bad reference.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:33 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:I am adoring their continuity run.

I like it as well, it is really subtle. It's not like a continuing story line like most television dramas, it's just there enough for the fans that watch every episode to notice. You can still watch every episode on it's own and not be confused. They just make one sentence callbacks to the last episode, and I really enjoyed seeing the gym still all burnt up from the first ep of the season when Butters burnt it down. That was a nice touch.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
alchavda

Postby alchavda » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:07 am

I suppose I'm in the minority here when I say that I really didn't like this episode. Nor am I into this continuity thing. In an earlier commentary for the "You're getting old" episode Matt and Trey touched on why that whole idea didn't really work for the essence of what South Park is and why each episode/every few episodes, things would reset, allowing for more freedom and less complexity with the stories they had to tell. While South Park has always had social commentary underpinnings, thats NOT what the show is about nor should it be IMO. I personally feel the episodes about the boys being boys having adventures/mishaps are always the best and most entertaining, while the heavyhanded social commentary type episodes tend to be the worst of the bunch. Hope this trend doesn't continue and Matt n Trey return to just having fun. Maybe I'm behind the times. Maybe I'm ......getting old.... :(
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:12 am

It's not too deep or in your face, though. All the continuity so far wasn't important. By that I mean you can watch it without seeing the previous episodes it is alluding to, they even give a little explanation in the form of a sentence or two about what happened when doing the callback. The one thing they didn't do that to is the burnt down gym, though.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”