*1803: The Cissy* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

JamesPup

Re: *1803: The Cissy* Post-Air Discussion

Postby JamesPup » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:59 am

nwt000 wrote:According to Lorde on Twitter, Australian singer-songwriter Sia Furler, better known as just Sia, did Randy's edited vocals last night. I kind of suspected that sounded like her last night.
http://moderndistraction.com/that-wasnt ... as-it-sia/
As you can also see, that new platinum blonde haired girl in between Bebe and Wendy last night was a South Park-ified version of Sia. In case you're wondering about what songs she's done, her song Chandelier hit #8 on the Billboard Hot 100 earlier this year.

Nice catch, I started following Lorde on twitter and saw the same thing. I didn't know who Sia was though. I was wondering who that new girl was and now I know. They should use her again some time. Also I saw that you edited your previous post which said our next episode would have Jimmy and the special ed kids. Are you sure about that and if so I welcome the idea. I think Nathan and Mimsy are worth another shot at least. I had an idea about Counterfeit Currency involving Jimmy and Nathan. I wonder if my idea got picked up?
What seems to be the officer problem?
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:17 am

The serial continuity is a nice change for season 18. Haven't seen this type of thing for many years. It makes it seem like I am following a broader, if loosely connected, story week to week. Don't get me wrong, though, I don't want or expect that to be a permanent feature for the rest of the show. That's something for 'normal' shows. But after years of mostly episodes that exist in a vacuum, it's a nice change of pace.

Fatass was predictably faking a gender identity to get something he wanted. Despite knowing that's where the episode was going, the opening scene at the bus stop was still a little unnerving. Lardo has pulled guns on people several times now in the show and knowing that makes that misdirection gag less funny and more disturbing. I am not on board with that one.

From there we did gather some quick momentum. Randy as Lorde and "Lorde" as a geologist was a really great B story. It was almost a double syke with Randy. We're supposed to see through Sharon that she thinks her husband is sleeping with another woman, but we know he's probably doing some sort of gender-bending side activity. Then it is revealed that it's not even that simple; that he has an entirely different world famous pop star persona. A small visual gag at the end of last week's episode becomes the centerpiece of this week's B story. Didn't see that coming. It has me scouring this week's show for the tidbit that will be the seed for next week.

If I am to assume this season is going to continue this serial, then this is going to be a very good year for Stan Marsh, character-wise. So far, all three episodes have featured Stan going through some real introspection. It's been subtle at times. His small moments with Kyle in Go Fund Yourself. His short scenes this week in front of the bathroom doors with Butters all up in his face. The scenes with Wendy in Gluten Free Ebola were more obvious. But each week, we seem to be scratching a little deeper into Stan Marsh. Just a little something I've noticed.

Getting back to them taking one small thing from one week and expanding it the next week; that one scene with Stan feeling very comfortable on the can in the transgender bathroom. That feels like it could a be a seed for the next episode.

Big Will wrote:...when Cartman dumps his load.

Phrasing!
:lol:

You read it! You can't unread it!
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:45 pm

Oh my glob! That really was Sia! I rewatched it and only then realised that it's really her.

And what a great episode that was. 10/10. =D

I thought Randy filled in and dressed up as Lorde in the last episode so the boys' party wouldn't be ruined. I had no idea what they had in mind. I turned up much better than I anticipated.

The only thing I didn't like is Butters (Stockholm syndrome poster child) again siding with Cartman, bashing on Stan. Actually, M&T touched an important subject to me - LGBT rights movement being in danger of becoming like feminist movement - using "positive discrimination" to end discrimination. All in the name of fictional "equality.":roll:

I loved how the two stories were intertwined. Randy posing as a woman to have more time on the bathroom.

Although, that doesn't really make sense. Girls' bathrooms are usually more crowded.
When I was in college, girls would often use guys' bathroom because girls' was occupied (guys' bathrooms have urinals, so the traffic flows better). In the end guys' bathrooms became unisex.
Some guys made a fuss about it, but I never understood what's the big deal. It's not like you're gonna get cooties. =P

Gluten free beer was a nice touch.

Oh, and I loved that the song at the end was the one Randy was making when Sharon walked in on him. I am Lorde ya ya ya!

Apparently, Lorde likes that she was in SP. =)
https://twitter.com/lordemusic/status/5 ... 5497165826

Ike_ve wrote:And Sharon's voice was pretty weird.

Yes, I noticed it too.
joshferrell

Postby joshferrell » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:41 pm

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/3 ... -inclusive

is it too late to animate some purple penguins? maybe in the extended dvd version :roll: :( :shock:
ToonFan1994

Postby ToonFan1994 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:09 pm

It seems the continuity is strong within this satire which does its best to stay strong, yet remaining hilarious at the same time.

In short, I give props to the writers for a strong continuity so far.

I found this an interesting episode, especially regarding Randy and his identity as Lorde.

I look forward to what the next episode will bring.
MoonBear70

Postby MoonBear70 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:06 pm

Overall, an EXCELLENT and OUTSTANDING episode!! On par with "You're Getting Old", "Broadway Bro Down", and "Black Friday" trilogy. From the opening scene with Cartman's creepy narrative to Mrs. Marsh's heartfelt speech near the end, "The Cissy" had me feeling a wide range of emotions.

Poor Stan. So confused about everyone else's gender identity issues. He is one of the few characters that has not ever embraced his feminine side like his friends. Remember Cartman was a Vietnamese prostitiute, Mad Irene (W.T.F.), and a slutty singer (Butterballs). Kenny was Princess Kenny (Black Friday, The Stick of Truth). Mr. Garrison became Mrs. Garrison (Seasons 9, 10, and part of 11). Butters became Marjorine, and even Kyle dressed as Raggedy Ann for Halloween once.

Again, GREAT JOB Trey and Matt!! You guys are on fire right now!! 9.5/10
Arianabfff

Postby Arianabfff » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:04 am

Loved the episode. Loved Cartman's logic, love a randy as Lorde, love Butters' one liners, loved Sharon's speech, loved the song, loved the breaking bad parody, loved the continuity, loved the message, loved the satire. Loved the episode.

10/10
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:52 am

Moonbear70- Actually it was Stan that dressed as raggedy Andy for Halloween because Wendy was supposed to be Ann but she went as Chubacca like everyone else.

Just re watched and the episode made a little more sense now. Although I still don't know why Randy had sh*t stains in his underwear?? And if he really was Lorde he must have spent a long time away from home the past couple years at shows and whatnot lol.

Listening closely it does indeed sound like Sia which is cool since I like her music. Have to state that not all ladies' restrooms are nice and clean. There are many a people that do not know common courtesy in the bathroom. Gross.

Have to say it again- hate the new Butters. Isolating Stan is not cute Leopold. He wouldn't have done that in season 6 or something.

Loved Sharon's speech even more as I paid more attention to it. At first I was sitting in shock at how many lines she had lol. She's the one that inspired 'Lorde' to continue his thing. I love her. Stan fainting after learning the truth, haha. And of course his gender questioning had nothing to do with Randy's double life yet of course he thought it did. Randy overall hasn't been too mind-numbing stupid this season and has been enjoyable. So rare but I like it.

Poor confused Stanley. If they continue from this episode I hope they give him the A story next week. So far a solid start, Stan story next will make it a wonderful season 18 lol.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:52 am

MoonBear70 wrote:even Kyle dressed as Raggedy Ann for Halloween once.

Kyle dressed as the solar system.
Stan dressed as Raggedy Andy, and Wendy let him down.
Wendy was supposed to dress as Raggedy Ann, but dressed as Chewbacca, which has won her the costume contest at least twice.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
mickistyle

Postby mickistyle » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:58 am

Yes, there are at least two references to true detective in this episode : The journalist, with a 70's style, who notes down all he sees or hear, is a spoof of one of the two main characters of true detective. And the other one, obvious, is the time randy's boss convenes him in his office to solve a problem with randy's partner.
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:22 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:Although I still don't know why Randy had sh*t stains in his underwear??

Maybe he's still into tween wave, even though his Lorde career took off? :lol:
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:44 pm

Mamont wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:Although I still don't know why Randy had sh*t stains in his underwear??

Maybe he's still into tween wave, even though his Lorde career took off? :lol:

He's probably on a Chipotle kick right now. Besides, we all leave skid marks from time to time. (but dayam, son)

I just had the most horrible thought... what if he wears the same pair for like a week? :stanpuke:
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:26 pm

I never leave skid marks, not since elementary school days. I think people get that who pick their butt holes. I do get anal leakage though. Like every day an hour after I take my daily sh*t I have to return to the bathroom and wipe my assh*le again because its full of sh*t. Does anyone else get that? I’ve had that problem my whole life but yet I never get sh*t on my boxers. I would find it very embarrassing to have sh*t stains on my boxers or underwear. If I did I would throw them out. Thank god cum washes out of boxers because I do get those stains once and a while. But sh*t stains don’t wash out of whites so that must suck to get that. Though cum doesn't wash out of whites either and that is one reason I don't wear underwear.
What seems to be the officer problem?
MoonBear70

Postby MoonBear70 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:20 pm

Big-Will wrote:
MoonBear70 wrote:even Kyle dressed as Raggedy Ann for Halloween once.

Kyle dressed as the solar system.
Stan dressed as Raggedy Andy, and Wendy let him down.
Wendy was supposed to dress as Raggedy Ann, but dressed as Chewbacca, which has won her the costume contest at least twice.

Ooops. Have not seen that episode in a long time. Thanks for making things right.
Zuli

Postby Zuli » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:12 am

ahhaha, this is turning out to be a much better season than the previous one. :lol: keep it up!
Top 5
1. Major Boobage
2. Tonsil Trouble
3. Imaginationland
4. Woodland Critter Christmas
5. 1%

Favorite Character: Kyle
Favorite Season: 4

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”