*1804: Handicar* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*1804: Handicar* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:10 am

SOUTH PARK
TITLE: HANDICAR
Episode #1804 Air date: October 15, 2014
Timmy’s successful new car service makes him a lot of enemies.
nwt000

Re: *1804: Handicar* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nwt000 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:31 am

Are any of the other kids going to appear at all?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:54 am

Well, Nathan. And Mimsy. And Jimmy, probably. Looks to be a handi-capable episode.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:56 am

Big-Will wrote:Well, Nathan. And Mimsy. And Jimmy, probably. Looks to be a handi-capable episode.

Hopefully Trey and Matt stick to the main boys, Craig's Gang and the girls for the remainder of the season. Randy too I guess.
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:09 am

I was really hoping we'd get something simple and non-controversial after "The Cissy" raised hell and I'm pleased to be correct so far. We've been aching for another real Timmy episode for practically a decade and it looks like we could get some nice parent moments - and hey, Nathan and Mimsy are here. Since Stan and Wendy's relationship's been rocky lately maybe Timmy'll take them on a date like Stephen and Linda in the press image. Hoping we get a better look at some of South Park's couples besides Sharon and Randy - would be interesting to see Jimmy's parents maybe, since he'll almost certainly make an appearance and they're under-developed, especially considering Jimmy's prominence today. Wonder how Nathan and Mimsy get pissed off.

Only real boo so far is it looks like despite Stick of Truth we have a different Theatre clerk again. I don't really get why Matt's smart enough to remember sh*t like that for video games and spin-off junk but then in the show neither he nor Trey seem to care.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:59 am

*loud groan* Oh come on Matt and Trey. Ughh this sounds awful. Jimmy is funny when he's not the main focus. Timmy and the other handicapped kids however are as unfunny as they come. Those episodes are so boring. The only real funny handicapped episode was 'Cripple Fight' since the main boys had their own story in it to keep it going. This episode sounds terrible already, I may not even watch and just read the reviews to see if its worth my while.

Soooo disappointed. This has been a successful season 18 so far and there was a good premiss for a Stan A story for this week. Annoyed now that there is no SP to get excited about this week. Shame.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:06 am

Stanluv25 wrote:*loud groan* Oh come on Matt and Trey. Ughh this sounds awful. Jimmy is funny when he's not the main focus. Timmy and the other handicapped kids however are as unfunny as they come. Those episodes are so boring. The only real funny handicapped episode was 'Cripple Fight' since the main boys had their own story in it to keep it going. This episode sounds terrible already, I may not even watch and just read the reviews to see if its worth my while.

Soooo disappointed. This has been a successful season 18 so far and there was a good premiss for a Stan A story for this week. Annoyed now that there is no SP to get excited about this week. Shame.

And with the first break coming next week, this is going to be a long three weeks for you.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:32 pm

I like this idea. I had a vagina bike taxi idea a while ago but this one is better. Timmy has needed some action. So was Timmy on the blue team in summer camp along with Jimmy? Maybe it is like that episode and Nathan is angry about Timmy raising more money then him. I still hope to see counterfeit money though. Mimsy looks like he is in the mafia. There could be a lot of fun jokes with that. I'm not as excited as I was about kids being trans but I do like handicapped kids. I wonder how Timmy was able to come up with an idea? How did he get a wagon and all the chairs and table onto the wagon? It makes me think we will be seeing something like the old TV show Wacky Races. Like with Nathan and Mimsy trying to sabotage Timmy's taxi business. Will Nathan and Mimsy copy Timmy and make a taxi business? How will Nathan raise money and I'm guessing beat Timmy at it for the red team?
What seems to be the officer problem?
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:03 pm

I have to laugh at some of the stuff in the background of this image.

Ben Affleck on that movie poster. :D And the titles of the movies playing in South Park. I want to see "Fire Hazard". :lol:

Nathan and Mimsy are characters I associate with an episode I didn't like all that much. Not because of them. Their story in Cripple Summer was okay (a bit of old school Looney Tunes cartoon fun). It was Towelie and his too-real drug story that dragged that one down. They tried to do a serious story with a goofy, one-note character and it didn't work for me. So this week will be the one shot for Nathan & Mimsy to be associated with something other than the destruction of Towelie.

You read it! You can't unread it!
joshferrell

Postby joshferrell » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:14 pm

I think it would be funny if it was all miming (No speaking) with only Timmy speaking through out... lol...
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:39 pm

Still looking forward to this one - it looks delightfully silly and simple. We've gotten three really smart episodes in a row, we're due.

I know the handi-capable kids are hideously unpopular but I think people are jumping the gun - Kyle's parents and Butters' are in one of the images, so the boys aren't out of the picture *completely*.

Hope the preview clip's up soon so we have a better idea what to expect on Wednesday. Also haven't seen one of those nice episode icons yet.

Ben Affleck on that movie poster. :D And the titles of the movies playing in South Park. I want to see "Fire Hazard". :lol:

I knew I recognized him -- I love when the animators do those jokes and I don't think we've seen any in years. I do recall "Mecha-Streisand Takes Manhattan" though back in, God, season 3?

This episode sounds terrible already, I may not even watch and just read the reviews to see if its worth my while.

I skipped last week's episode because I was uncomfortable with the subject matter -- so I'd say if you're not too interested in this one, don't force yourself to watch it :)
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:32 pm

I don't know if this was said or not, but based by that preview. I see a lot of the Crimean/Russian Experience playing on this episode!! :shock: :o Would be nice if Timmy Made Enemies with the KGB :wink: Hopefully we all won't be "Seeing Red" after this episode haha :twisted:

Anyways. What in ingenious and clever move by Timmy. To have you drive in style like you were on a date :P My only hope is that they get there on time, and it's not TOOOO slow! :roll:

Heh. Nathan and Mimisy don't work happy. Wonder why. :?
Also...there is a 3 week break in-between this season??

So No October 29, November 5, and November 12? :(
Well, then..the BETTER do a Christmas episode this season then! :evil:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:47 pm

I just saw the preview clip on twitter and it has a Russian taxi cab driver complaining to himself about no customers and then Timmy goes by. So I have to wonder what agent-FSS will think about this episode, hahaha. I don't know if it will have the KGB or Crimea. I kind of am thinking of maybe the Russian mafia. Maybe Russian taxi cab drivers go after Timmy and I think either Nathan or Mimsy has Russian ancestry. I could be wrong and only the first cab driver is Russia and the others are of different backgrounds. I am liking the look of this episode more and more. The Russian cab driver makes me think of the movie Amazing Spider-man and how stereotyped the Rhino in the movie was.
Last edited by JamesPup on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What seems to be the officer problem?
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:49 pm

It looks like Nathan and Mimsy aren't exactly going to be the chief antagonists in this episode. They're probably going to come up with some wacky scheme to try to screw up Timmy's business, but it looks more like the Russian mafia is going to want Timmy's head on a stake. The Russian mob is nothing to fuck with, that's for sure!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”