*1804: Handicar* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*1804: Handicar* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:59 am

Now airing on Comedy Central!
kfgg

Re: *1804: Handicar* Post-Air Discussion

Postby kfgg » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:15 am

I didn't have any expectations for this one. Wasn't looking forward to it. So far this one doesn't even come close to the last 3, even the second.

See you guys in 2 weeks.
Stan and Kyle :)
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:40 am

7.2/10
Definitely nothing compared to the past three episodes, but it was good for some cheap laughs. Wacky Races, Randy being Lorde, the adults acting like kids and Matthew McConaughey were pretty funny bits. Can't wait to see the usual kids back in action in 2 weeks!
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:44 am

8/10
Well I guessed the Wacky Races and was close to saying maybe unions would end up after Timmy. I was expecting to see more Jimmy for some reason. It started kind of off with Timmy already having the Handycar business but that is okay. It did have some good laughs like for me with the union and like at the end with Nathan telling how he felt and getting rejected. I didn’t get the Matthew Mcconaughey jokes for some reason. Also Nathan getting raped again was not as funny as it should have been. I liked the episode but it was kind of the same formula but with Timmy. I did like the Cripple Camp episode. I felt like it picked up with the Wacky Races and ended strong. I just don’t care about these app car companies and the like that much.
What seems to be the officer problem?
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:57 am

First of all, I was amazed that I was watching the East Coast broadcast while on the West Coast. Caught me off guard, but I still saw it.

The bulk of this episode was devoted to an old school cartoon that I barely remember. I'm 31 and even I'm too young to fully appreciate the reference at work. Robot Chicken did a good parody of the same cartoon years ago where some of the race cars were like, The Batmobile, the cast of Mario Kart and Speed Racer. It's an old reference that probably is going to fly over most people's heads, but what transcends that is the boys' parents all sitting around in their pajamas, eating breakfast cereal and watching the race on TV. Just like they would have when they were kids watching the cartoon on Saturday mornings. As a person old enough to remember a time before cartoons had entire channels devoted to them, this resonated with me.

Not sure what Matt & Trey have against Tesla Motors but this is the second time they've made fun of them. This time they are the butt end of a classic South Park role-reversal.

Nathan and Mimsy's reprisal was lackluster. I got a good chuckle out of Nathan's mom pretending not to understand him so his parents can go on vacation. But other than that, it was much the same comedy we got last time. The dumb-looking guy is actually kind of smart but everyone reacts to his smart ideas as if they are dumb. Just like last time.

For our international audience, the Matthew McConaughey stuff refers to a series of commercials currently airing in the United States featuring him driving a Lincoln automobile. Look it up on YouTube or whatever; it's the exact same tone and dialogue.

The glaring part of this episode is M&T violating a lesson I thought I'd heard they'd learned in past seasons. That lesson is "Where the hell are the boys?" Every episode the fans have been generally sour on share the same problem; they do not feature any of the main 4 (or 5) boys. And I'm afraid this is going to be one of those. By the time I'm able to post this, there's going to be that exact criticism already voiced. Let's see if I'm right...

You read it! You can't unread it!
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:42 am

Triplemultiplex I am 31 also but you never watched Cartoon Network when it first came out? You would have been in either elementary school or middle school. I remember getting to watch like every cartoon ever made on cartoon network. It first started out with no new cartoons for the most part. It was all reruns. I know I have seen every Wacky Races but I can’t really remember any of them. I did remember this though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj6-LG5VpGk Perhaps if Trey and Matt are to do Nathan and Mimsy again they will do Stop the Pigeon and have it be airplanes instead of cars.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:15 am

I remember Wacky Races when I was 10 or so. :) Fun times in the '70s.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JOSHSKORN

Postby JOSHSKORN » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:23 am

I'll give this episode a 7/10. It was probably the best Timmy episode I'd seen, ever. I'm disabled, and laughed at the part when everyone was getting a handicar. I can rarely find handicapped parking at Wal-mart, because, well, it seems like half the people that go to Walmart are disabled...ALLEGEDLY, or they're just old and/or fat and/or lazy.

I remember the "Camp Tardicaca" episode. That one was pretty lame (or maybe it was suppose to be?).
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:44 am

I found the start a little slow but I loved the wacky races stuff I got a few chuckles out of this one.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
donlobo

Postby donlobo » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:46 am

Timmy as a driver like he did in the Stick of Truth. Finally some (slight) reference of the VG after released.
Female345

Postby Female345 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:17 am

JamesPup wrote:Triplemultiplex I am 31 also but you never watched Cartoon Network when it first came out? You would have been in either elementary school or middle school. I remember getting to watch like every cartoon ever made on cartoon network. It first started out with no new cartoons for the most part. It was all reruns. I know I have seen every Wacky Races but I can’t really remember any of them. I did remember this though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj6-LG5VpGk Perhaps if Trey and Matt are to do Nathan and Mimsy again they will do Stop the Pigeon and have it be airplanes instead of cars.

I remember that too and I'm 31 too. This wasn't a bad ep though the main boys should have made an appearance even if not a speaking role.
I liked the reference to McConaughey's Lincoln commercial and the old cartoons like Wacky Races
HouseHosted

Postby HouseHosted » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:05 am

Excellent episode! I've taken a long break from South Park because the comedy was so far from my taste. This episode especially and the last have been a nice treat since I'd thought all hope of South Park being funny again was gone. You can count me in on watching the newer episodes... Then, I can't help but wonder what changed for Matt and Trey? Literally, there has been a gap of nearly 10 seasons where the content has been very dull and, might I say, forceably gross or political. Some strange new light has shown in. Very glad to be enjoying the show again.
kittymccormick

Postby kittymccormick » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:30 pm

Female345 wrote:I remember that too and I'm 31 too. This wasn't a bad ep though the main boys should have made an appearance even if not a speaking role.
I liked the reference to McConaughey's Lincoln commercial and the old cartoons like Wacky Races

^ I completely agree. Timmy always makes me laugh but I wish everyone was in it, even if just for a few seconds.

AND I was so happy they made a queef joke.
HMPHMMPH HMPHMPH!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:14 pm

it happened again. I spent an hour crafting an unlive play by play account of commentary, and accidentally backspace/pagebacked and lost everything I wrote. tl;dr version is that I laughed my ass to tears and loved 90% of this one. Hated the salesman douche, and that we have another pair of douch-parents.

eedit: And now for my favorite joke I lost...

My Grandmother always used to give me an Elon Musk giftpack for Christmas every year. ...oh.

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

I'll be 34 at the end of the month, and I totally used to watch all the Hanna Barbera toons as a kid. And Looney Toons. And a little Disney. I didn't have cable until 2011 though, so no Cartoon Network.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:00 am

Ok awkward but I feel that Nathan is in German clothes after watching the show. I am 1/8 German and feel offended by the jokes against Nathan like anal rape. Why can't Hitler win ever? Us German ancestry people suffer because of Hitler and his losing. Why can't an episode show Hitler win for at least an episode? We deserve at least that. I want Hitler to win the Art of War or some thing as such.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”