*1805: The Magic Bush* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

stevesut1
Posts: 420
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:30 pm

Re: *1805: The Magic Bush* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby stevesut1 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:34 pm

nwt000 wrote:Is every episode going to be about that fat fuck this season or will we actually get Stan, Kyle, Kenny or any of the other fourth graders at some point?

The first three episodes of the season pretty much featured Stan.
nwt000
Posts: 1830
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:47 pm

Re: *1805: The Magic Bush* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nwt000 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:43 pm

stevesut1 wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Is every episode going to be about that fat fuck this season or will we actually get Stan, Kyle, Kenny or any of the other fourth graders at some point?

The first three episodes of the season pretty much featured Stan.

Except Cartman had the most lines in the first three episodes.
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18909
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: *1805: The Magic Bush* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:25 pm

Then I have two questions for you:

1. When was the last time Stan had more lines than Cartman?

2. If you can't think of such a time, why are you still watching the show?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
nwt000
Posts: 1830
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:47 pm

Re: *1805: The Magic Bush* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nwt000 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:58 pm

Big-Will wrote:Then I have two questions for you:

1. When was the last time Stan had more lines than Cartman?

2. If you can't think of such a time, why are you still watching the show?

1. Informative Murder Porn just last season
2. N/A
Last time I checked, this show is called South Park, not The Eric Cartman Show.
James--76
Posts: 1259
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:44 pm

Re: *1805: The Magic Bush* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby James--76 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:40 pm

Clip http://southpark.cc.com/clips/w919lx/we ... cBush-prev

I think that Butters & Cartman disguise the drone as a bush maybe that or they are uploading it on the internet and The Magic Bush is the name of the website or blog.
Last edited by James--76 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18909
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: *1805: The Magic Bush* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:45 pm

nwt000 wrote:Last time I checked, this show is called South Park, not The Eric Cartman Show.

Last time I checked, this show is called South Park, not The Stan Marsh Show, and your bitching that Stan isn't getting enough lines isn't going to change that. Hear that, Stanluv25?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
nwt000
Posts: 1830
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:47 pm

Re: *1805: The Magic Bush* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nwt000 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:51 pm

Big-Will wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Last time I checked, this show is called South Park, not The Eric Cartman Show.

Last time I checked, this show is called South Park, not The Stan Marsh Show, and your bitching that Stan isn't getting enough lines isn't going to change that. Hear that, Stanluv25?

I never said that this was The Stan Marsh Show. The show's supposed to be about the town (mainly the four boys, Butters and Randy) not just fatass, that's all I was trying to say.
EDIT: Just saw the TV version of the preview clip and Butters' head was the one displayed after the heads shuffled. It might actually be more about him than Lard Tits after all. Well that, and the fact that Stephen is the one who owns the drone.
JamesPup
Posts: 1499
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:14 pm

Re: *1805: The Magic Bush* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby JamesPup » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:27 pm

Preview video looks very good. Some good old kids having kid fun with what they aren't suppose to have fun with yet. I just know Butters will end up grounded when his dads drone is broken. Maybe that drone is like a couple thousand dollars? I am wanting to know what chick they see naked. Nothing exciting in the preview clip though. All stuff I could have dreamed of. I see the drone getting caught in someone's tree and then they see a chick naked. Just my new guess. Who lives near Butters and Cartman? Though the drone could go 1/4 a mile. I will admit to wanting drone spy porn. I have looked it up like maybe 10 times in the last 2 years. There is none and it would be so cool if someone would make some. Most voyeurism is fake that I have seen. Like 99% of the vids you will find the chick knew that she was going on the internet. I bet Butters dad gets caught for the boys for spying on naked girls and is arrested. Maybe his name is on the drone or something? Anyways dying to see the episode.
What seems to be the officer problem?
Stanluv25
Posts: 2834
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:32 am

Re: *1805: The Magic Bush* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:44 pm

I never said it was the Stan Marsh show either. I'm just tired of the Cartman/Butters/Randy show. The fist few episodes haven't really been about Stan. It was Cartman or Randy that had the A and B stories. Thankfully those first few episodes have been overall good. This episode just doesn't sound exciting. Cartman and his henchman Butters. Current event. Secrets/personal information. Same ol' same ol'.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
kfgg
Posts: 3117
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 12:12 am

Re: *1805: The Magic Bush* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby kfgg » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:27 am

Cartman and Butters seem to be the main focus lately. Obviously I prefer Stan, Kyle and Kenny too. The episodes that do have the ones I prefer seeing can often be worth the wait because they're often better episodes. Not all of them, but a good chunk. I'd rather have a good Stan & Kyle or Kenny episode than a bad one. And if that takes waiting for or not getting as many of, so be it.
Stan and Kyle :)
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6146
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: *1805: The Magic Bush* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:06 am

Looks like it's time to dip into the Cartman-Butters well again. They went on a hell of a roll pairing those two characters together in episodes and getting very good results. But that sort of faded away. Super Fun Time was the "meh..." Cartman-Butters episode that marked the end of that era for me.

Adding Kenny into a supposed quest for voyeurism seems very appropriate. K-dog is always down for that kind of thing.

Something tells me Butters is going to be the one left holding the bag at the end of this one. He's gonna be grounded. :lol:

Seemingly good premise as the United States is doing a lot of unscrupulous things with drones these days. Namely, murdering people. It's a bad time to be a "military-aged male" in certain parts of the world.
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
agent-FSS
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:26 am

Re: *1805: The Magic Bush* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby agent-FSS » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:07 am

Hmm, Cartman and Butters will use drone for spying. Sounds promising. Maybe they can learn something terrible secrets of their neighbors.
I wonder for what purpose Butters dad bought a drone? And what happens when he learns that his toy taken without permission?
Big-Will wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Last time I checked, this show is called South Park, not The Eric Cartman Show.

Last time I checked, this show is called South Park, not The Stan Marsh Show, and your bitching that Stan isn't getting enough lines isn't going to change that. Hear that, Stanluv25?

Fan-Club Stan Marsh's to express protest against disregard their favorite character! :D
JVM
Posts: 1076
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:34 am

Re: *1805: The Magic Bush* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby JVM » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:25 pm

Shane Haughey from the board told me about this specific drone and he told me it's more of a surveillance drone, not a military done. This is very important. This is almost certainly not going to be a full-on 'Obama Administration Politics and Drones' episode -- even if the subject matter comes up it will most likely be a secondary focus and not a care one.

I'm betting you dollars to donuts the plot structure will be this:
Act 1 - Cartman, Kenny and Butters use the drone around the neighborhood and snap some embarassing photos and video. One gets posted to YouTube, presumably of a female.
Act 2 - The the adults all panic about it and meet at the Community Center. Possible Men vs. Women angle like "Reverse Cowgirl" played it up. Possible angst from video focus. Throw in Randy singing 'I am Lorde' at some point so Trey can claim he's doing continuity.
Act 3 - Basically more of Act 2 until we reach a resolution. Maybe they stop making drones. Maybe people stop taking their clothes off. Don't know and if this structure comes through, not sure I care.

Big-Will, I'm not sure why you're focusing on Stan against Nwt000 when he didn't really bring up Stan in particular (except among Kyle, etc.) That's StanLuv's thing. Nwt000 just dislike fatass himself, lol

I complained about the same issue in S15 and S16 but after "Handicar", for all of it's strengths and faults, I don't quite feel fair complaining about Cartman. Besides, if any characters have been out of focus lately it's Kyle and Kenny, not Stan.

Of course, Butters' traditional characterization hasn't shined through in a while, either, he kind of took a level in Jerkass as seen in "The Hobbit" and "The Cissy".
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
nwt000
Posts: 1830
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:47 pm

Re: *1805: The Magic Bush* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nwt000 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:17 pm

JVM wrote:Shane Haughey from the board told me about this specific drone and he told me it's more of a surveillance drone, not a military done. This is very important. This is almost certainly not going to be a full-on 'Obama Administration Politics and Drones' episode -- even if the subject matter comes up it will most likely be a secondary focus and not a care one.

I'm betting you dollars to donuts the plot structure will be this:
Act 1 - Cartman, Kenny and Butters use the drone around the neighborhood and snap some embarassing photos and video. One gets posted to YouTube, presumably of a female.
Act 2 - The the adults all panic about it and meet at the Community Center. Possible Men vs. Women angle like "Reverse Cowgirl" played it up. Possible angst from video focus. Throw in Randy singing 'I am Lorde' at some point so Trey can claim he's doing continuity.
Act 3 - Basically more of Act 2 until we reach a resolution. Maybe they stop making drones. Maybe people stop taking their clothes off. Don't know and if this structure comes through, not sure I care.

Big-Will, I'm not sure why you're focusing on Stan against Nwt000 when he didn't really bring up Stan in particular (except among Kyle, etc.) That's StanLuv's thing. Nwt000 just dislike fatass himself, lol

I complained about the same issue in S15 and S16 but after "Handicar", for all of it's strengths and faults, I don't quite feel fair complaining about Cartman. Besides, if any characters have been out of focus lately it's Kyle and Kenny, not Stan.

Of course, Butters' traditional characterization hasn't shined through in a while, either, he kind of took a level in Jerkass as seen in "The Hobbit" and "The Cissy".

Fatass isn't one of my favorite characters, but I don't hate him either. What I do hate is that he's the focus of too many episodes. In other words, I'm fine with him being around and doing all the shit he does but he doesn't need to be the primary focus of every other episode either. At least have another character or two also heavily involved in the main plot, not just hanging around and the disappearing after the first act or tagging along with him standing around doing and/or saying nothing.
Stanluv25
Posts: 2834
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:32 am

Re: *1805: The Magic Bush* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:33 pm

The Death of Eric Cartman was a wonderful Cartman and Butters episode. They haven't been able to recreate that since. Super Fun Time had its moments but what was going on at the field trip spot was more exciting to me.

Has Butters been grounded for anything silly recently? I want the classic line 'Butters, you're grounded!' again. And Butters not wanting to participate in Eric's shenanigans. 'Oh gee wiz Eric, I don't know about this.' I do wonder why Kenny is in the picture.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests