*1805: The Magic Bush* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

James--76

Re: *1805: The Magic Bush* Post-Air Discussion

Postby James--76 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:27 am

Ah so it was about a lady's bush :lol: I loved this episode butters pushing Cartman in the bathroom was quite cool I liked seeing that,though Cartman twisting things around as he does best.Nice use of a lot of characters some good lines "Your wiener, my balls, they’re all public domain" :lol: best episode of the season IMO.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:15 am

And not just any lady, this one was named Laura! So it was Laura's bush! Badoom psh, I'm here all week. :D
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:42 pm

agent-FSS wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:. I see they still have the cissy bathroom. Wonder if Stan is still using it? lol

Why not? If the room still there, it means someone continues to use it.

Sometimes the show uses something for an episode, and then it's never seen again. That the restroom is here for a second episode is a good sign that it's now part of the show and yes, that someone, not just Stan, will be seen using it in the future. :)

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
kittymccormick

Postby kittymccormick » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:19 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:Despite having Kenny in on the initial shenanigans, he just disappeared from the episode before too long and it became all about Butters & Fatass. Seems like a missed opportunity to me.

I liked the running joke about everyone not copping to totally watching the Craig's Mom's Bush video. It's a funny observation about how many people are with admitting what they've seen online.

The allegory to Ferguson and their racist cops was clumsy at best after the initial one-liner about Randy's drone being black.

Butters' dad is kind of like Randy in that he's at his best when he's being really stupid, so his contribution was pretty good; getting all paranoid about his drone.

I think this episode is missing an end where it comes and bites Butters in the ass or even better, Cartman's ass. It would be no trouble to track down who uploaded the initial Craig's Mom video. Because that didn't happen, it made it hard to suspend my disbelief and enjoy an ending where Butters isn't grounded and Fatass is not in deep sh*t.

Finally, I will add my two cents about bush. I'm pretty much with Laura Tucker on this one. With all the deforestation out there, it's refreshing to see a lady bucking this trend. But it's nice that there is variety out there. Do what you want with that area, people; whatever makes you happy. That's my position.

I would have LOVED to see Kenny die by a drone in this episode. I wonder how long it'll be before his living streak is broken. I'd like a Kenny episode.
HMPHMMPH HMPHMPH!
mudlick

Postby mudlick » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:46 pm

i could see them spending two weeks on this episode for that break. theres a lot of 3d modelling, if that really takes longer than digital cutout animating
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:44 pm

zzyzx 2 wrote:And it means that the cissy bathroom is now an official part of South Park from last week's episode until the time that the show finally ends.

Big-Will wrote:
agent-FSS wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:. I see they still have the cissy bathroom. Wonder if Stan is still using it? lol

Why not? If the room still there, it means someone continues to use it.

Sometimes the show uses something for an episode, and then it's never seen again. That the restroom is here for a second episode is a good sign that it's now part of the show and yes, that someone, not just Stan, will be seen using it in the future. :)

This is good, but also makes you wonder. In show begun occur the course of time. Events previous episodes start to affect on the following or just seems to me so? What if it will be permanent? Maybe us thus begin to prepare to the point of no return, when the show will not be able to continue, and to make it impossible for other people to continue to work on the script, the boys will go in 5 or 6 grade, can become older, or anyone of them would move to another country, or may completely die?

By the way, why a hell Butters suddenly became a lefty? I mean the very beginning of the episode, when he sits at the computer and enters Cartman...
Africa Marsh

Postby Africa Marsh » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:02 pm

Best episode of a sh*tty season, and it actually made laugh a couple times. Still disjointed, but not nearly as bad as the earlier episodes are this season.

You gotta give props for the Craigs' moms' bush storyline and the return of 70's poon in the form of the blow up doll with a bush strapped between the legs. Now THAT'S comedy.
JVM

Postby JVM » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:57 am

The return of the Cissy bathroom is nothing to freak out over. It's an incredibly simple, minor callback, and might've been animator decision before a Trey Parker one. The first three episodes of the season playing directly into each other was pretty amazing, but seeing background items reappear is small. Tiny callbacks like those appear in close to every episode. It certainly doesn't mean there's some significant changes in the future and for better or for worse, it's the same show and next week we'll probably get something completely different... or more likely, something with Cartman and Butters, Stan and Randy... or maybe we'll get that Fancy Fwiend episode pushed from s17 :P

What really surprises me is probably the fact they demonstrate in episodes like these and the game that they DO know the show's history, and well, but that they often just seem to completely ignore it. Matt did the old voice for Thomas Tucker in 'South Park: The Stick of Truth' (and various episodes in the last 15 seasons) less than a year ago but suddenly changed it here, for example.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:11 pm

Big-Will wrote:And not just any lady, this one was named Laura! So it was Laura's bush! Badoom psh, I'm here all week. :D

Boom [/url] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI :mrgreen:
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:23 am

I could summarize this episode, like the entire season so far: I don't like what it is, but I like how it's done.
Too much Buttman, not nearly enough of the other boys, but it's good.
This episode was really funny. I hated that the story (again) revolved around Cartman and Butters (Kenny's part was negligible), but I can't deny how well it was made.
It could have gone without Ferguson reference, IMO.
And I didn't like how the characters were their typical selves. Psychopath Cartman is convinced he saved Butters, Butter can't stand up to Cartman, Kyle being the moralist goody two shoes... The only one whoes part I liked was Butters' dad. He was hilarious.
And I loved bush jokes and the song at the end.
So, all in all a good episode and a great season so far.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:20 am

Mamont wrote:Butter can't stand up to Cartman

Guess you missed those two times Butters threw him up against the bathroom stall, and that it's often a bad idea to stand up to Cartman - he'll think of something that makes things even worse. Butters cut his losses by going along with Cartman, 'cause he really didn't wanna find out how Cartman would make Craig's mom happy.

BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:39 pm

Big-Will wrote:And not just any lady, this one was named Laura! So it was Laura's bush! Badoom psh, I'm here all week. :D

AWWW! I didn't think of that.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:30 pm

Necrophia

Postby Necrophia » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:35 am

A pretty straightforward episode with all the tropes of the series. Townspeople being dumb about the situation, Cartman dragging Butters deeper into the hole, and the topical subjects of turn. Nothing high or low about it.

A bit bummed in the last scene seeing Wendy in the background going back to her classic cisgender looks. Don't wanna drag much The Cissy subject than already is, but i was expecting the transition to Wendyl become permanent due the buildup arround it (Specially due this season having heavy continuity). That or that Wendy is just background filler.
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:50 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Mamont wrote:Butter can't stand up to Cartman

Guess you missed those two times Butters threw him up against the bathroom stall, and that it's often a bad idea to stand up to Cartman - he'll think of something that makes things even worse. Butters cut his losses by going along with Cartman, 'cause he really didn't wanna find out how Cartman would make Craig's mom happy.

True that, but he could have stood up to him when Fatass first found out about the drone.
And yeah, I liked how in the end Butters realised there's no point in debating Cartman. Like Craig said in Fishsticks: "Just give him half."

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”