*1807: Grounded Vindaloop* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

zzyzx 2

Re: *1807: Grounded Vindaloop* Post-Air Discussion

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:04 am

djdomain wrote:As someone who was inflicted with several annoying scam calls from when I got my phone connected to when I finally got my number on the Do Not Call register, I felt a wonderful sense of satisfaction when the customer service rep had to interact with himself.

It's awesome when M&T do something extra with the show like new animation styles or IRL scenes.
With one exception, I agree with you completely, djdomain. The exception is that even registering for the Do Not Call List, the calls keep coming :(
At least that's been my experience.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:30 am

I- I am very confused. So who really had the headset on the entire time? Stan or Butters? Was Stan the one that imagined Catman tricking Butters into the virtual reality and imagined Butters was grounded for no reason? Did Butters actually go on a rampage and crash a car? They said all the boys were taking turns with it so... what scenes were real and imagined by who?! Argh so confused!

The customer service scenes were funny. How often do we get actual help from someone, let alone there being an actual human being and no an automated voice on the other end?

I don't know why but the line 'Kyle, don't be a dick right now' made me lmao.

I'm still very confused with what happened so can't give it an actual rating. It was entertaining though and had some pretty funny moments. And of course the final scene- HAHA!! I didn't catch any references from last week's eppy like they've been doing. Hmm.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:44 am

^ The boys were taking turns "irl" with the Oculus headset. The last one to use it was Stan. After Stan realized he was wearing the headset by agreeing that Steve took care of all of his customers needs in a timely and satisfactory fashion, "irl" Butters was no longer grounded. We see Butter's dad (in normal animation, but "irl" so-to-speak - not in VR) say that he didn't know what Butters did to get grounded, and we see Butters (irl, not VR, but in animation) leave his room. Then Butters ran into Cartman's room where Stan just took off the Oculus headset and during the closing credits "irl" live-action Butters said: "Fellas, I'm not grounded anymore!"
Stanluv25 wrote:Did Butters actually go on a rampage and crash a car?
VR; same as Butters punching his dad in the nuts and getting stabbed by a prostitute.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:27 am

GTA Butters, lol. I wanna see him in GTA getup now. :D
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:29 am

Pretty good episode. The end was a bit predictable and cliche, but it worked.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:54 am

wat.

I could barely keep up with this one. The end was a nice payoff, but still... enh.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:45 pm

Reminds me of Insecurity. Loops the same thing over and over with somewhat of a story somewhere in between. This one didn't seem to have much of a storyline. Watching it again, all I heard in my head was Towlie saying "I have no idea what's going on."

I'm not going to judge this one based on this. Some completely get it, others like myself do not. So I'll leave this one alone.

This season has had some good and some bad sofar. I can't place this one in either category.
Stan and Kyle :)
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:17 pm

Huh a lot of this went over my head some of it I liked butters shovelling the snow & punching his dad in the nuts I will watch it again to try and make more sense of it.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
mudlick

Postby mudlick » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:59 pm

i get it they were playing off the Hindu concept of Maya with regards to technology. the wikipedia is pretty wordy though relevant. it reminded me of the tv show "The Prisoner" with Patrick McGoohan for its trippiness and the Matrix of course. overall i thought it was clever but it left my brain hurting... still recovering

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_(illusion)
sumynona

Postby sumynona » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:23 pm

So before Stan realized it was him wearing the Oculus headset, was the entire episode in Stan's VR?
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:53 pm

I need to advise you that this post may be recorded, my friend, to help with better customer service in the future. Is that agreeable to you? Can I continue?
kfgg wrote:This one didn't seem to have much of a storyline.
It had one storyline: the boys taking turns using VR, in particular this episode was Stan's experience using VR.
kfgg wrote:Some completely get it, others like myself do not.
Very true. We should make a poll on who got it and who didn't. Put me down for one who got it :cartmanhappy:
sumynona wrote:So before Stan realized it was him wearing the Oculus headset, was the entire episode in Stan's VR?
That's my understanding of the episode :)

Did I take care of all your customer needs in a timely and satisfactory fashion today? Did I accurately and politely respond to all of your concerns? ;)
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:05 pm

Regarding Cartman's backyard, we saw it in this episode and also way back in Season 1 in 108: Damien when Cartman's mom threw that birthday party for Eric. Other than these two instances, I don't recall ever seeing Cartman's backyard before in 18 seasons. Big-Will?
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:46 pm

The real trippy thing about this episode is that one could interpret the ending to mean the entire series to this point has been IRL Stan using Occulus Rift. :shock: :shock:

You read it! You can't unread it!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:50 pm

kfgg wrote:Reminds me of Insecurity. Loops the same thing over and over with somewhat of a story somewhere in between.
Reminded me of "The City On The Edge Of Forever." Looking back, "Insecurity" is "The City On The Edge Of Forever" for adults. :)
zzyzx 2 wrote:Regarding Cartman's backyard, we saw it in this episode and also way back in Season 1 in 108: Damien when Cartman's mom threw that birthday party for Eric. Other than these two instances, I don't recall ever seeing Cartman's backyard before in 18 seasons. Big-Will?
"Scott Tenorman Must Die."
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:37 pm

Rewatched the episode better than first time around but still confused me. Some parts that i did enjoy were the conversation between Cartman & Kyle the live action was good and as mentioned Butters hitting his dad in the nuts now if only he would do that to Cartmans face.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”