*1807: Grounded Vindaloop* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

NGC6144

Re: *1807: Grounded Vindaloop* Post-Air Discussion

Postby NGC6144 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:54 am

raidpirate52 wrote:That episode was awful!

Recycling the same jokes over and over doesn't make a good episode, especially when they weren't that funny the first time. Without question, one of the worst South Park has to offer.

Better luck next week.

Exactly. Unfortunately, this show is creatively spent. The show needs a new production strategy other than brainstorming a few days before airtime.
thunder_kate

Postby thunder_kate » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:11 pm

I can't get what kenny says to stan & kyle which made they spout the F word...
(so it seems that kyle quarrel with stan & kenny for cartman??)Or it is just for nothing

The other thing confusing me is whether both butters and stan have trapped in the VR? I can't comprehend when butters' dad "realize" that butters shouldn't be grounded, and at last at "real" cartman's house, butters dance in and say that he was't grounded?
kittymccormick

Postby kittymccormick » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:51 pm

thunder_kate wrote:I can't get what kenny says to stan & kyle which made they spout the F word...
(so it seems that kyle quarrel with stan & kenny for cartman??)Or it is just for nothing

The other thing confusing me is whether both butters and stan have trapped in the VR? I can't comprehend when butters' dad "realize" that butters shouldn't be grounded, and at last at "real" cartman's house, butters dance in and say that he was't grounded?
You can usually find transcripts online, I don't know if it's anywhere yet this soon after the episode. That's how I have to figure out what Kenny says sometimes.
HMPHMMPH HMPHMPH!
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:54 pm

thunder_kate wrote:I can't get what kenny says to stan & kyle which made they spout the F word...
This is what I hear:

After Kyle hangs up with Butters, while Kyle and Stan are playing tetherball in what looks like a park (with the bathrooms in the background, so I'm thinking it's not the schoolyard):

Kenny: You guys! You guys! (mumble) Come with me!

Then once in Cartman's room, where Cartman is passed out wearing the Oculus headset:

Kenny: You see? Cartman (mumble) and he's been here for days!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:57 pm

I'll try to get more out of Kenny later. I've put in my own translations already, lol.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Africa Marsh

Postby Africa Marsh » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:38 pm

I enjoyed this one.

Butters going crazy and stealing a car was funny, however, Butters going crazy and getting stabbed by a hooker was HILARIOUS.

Glad to see the boys actually get some hits this season, as they had me worried after such a weak start to the season.
cucu123

Postby cucu123 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:51 pm

Welcome back South Park! this was one of your BEST episodes ever! :D
Dranneb

Postby Dranneb » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:36 am

Despite seeing it coming, the scene where Butter's punches his dad in the balls was hilarious! You could almost feel exactly how satisfying it was, walking in that door and thinking he was getting revenge with no consequences.
zzyzx 2 wrote:Regarding Cartman's backyard, we saw it in this episode and also way back in Season 1 in 108: Damien when Cartman's mom threw that birthday party for Eric. Other than these two instances, I don't recall ever seeing Cartman's backyard before in 18 seasons. Big-Will?
I thought he had all those tea parties in his backyard, prior to killing of his dolls in Season 15. Also, it was the site of Kuppa Keep during the Black Friday trilogy.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:49 pm

I wouldn't say that I liked everything. The episode was good, but where the hell action: with shooting, explosions and pursuit for Butters when he hijacked machine his dad? I was expecting to see how he will act as in GTA, and not to hear. The guy from customer service got too much time. The children at the end it's were great, I wonder where they found them?
In my opinion the episode had more potential than was used, but nevertheless I will mark 8/10, otherwise I'm afraid the fans could to kill me.
Zuli

Postby Zuli » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:56 pm

wow.. i think that just f*cked my head :tweek:
i really liked that there wasn't anything deeper to this,
just the boys in a plot that was.. unique, to say the least :assface:
i had a good time watching :mrgreen:
definitely a little different episode, which is always refreshing!
liked the kids in the end too. ^^
Top 5
1. Major Boobage
2. Tonsil Trouble
3. Imaginationland
4. Woodland Critter Christmas
5. 1%

Favorite Character: Kyle
Favorite Season: 4
joshferrell

Postby joshferrell » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:08 am

Yes read the Hindu and the Buddhist writings and watch "What the bleep do we know?" and the first "Matrix" movie and then re-watch the episode and it should make more sense..to answer the question as to who was in the virtual reality. all of them were because life is an illusion therefore each one was having an illusion of the others therefor being in each others illusions in a circle of illusions..

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”