*1808: Cock Magic* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

jackson_wagner

Re: *1808: Cock Magic* Post-Air Discussion

Postby jackson_wagner » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:18 am

Honestly thought this episode was very funny. The best part was the announcer calling the Magic fights. Seemed so sincere and intense. Great stuff.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:01 pm

Had to re-watch this one. First the negative side to get it out of the way. Why is everybody acting like "bros" or frat boys this season? It's just not who these characters are.

Onto the positives:
Lots of people we haven't seen in awhile. Lu-Kim, Wing, Bradley, etc
ESPN Illegal (That was brilliant)
Kenny feeling bad about the chickens and Cartman constantly trying to change his mood in a Cartman way. "Where's that smile?"
The cops enjoying Randy's version of Cock Magic
The random guy playing drums in the bathroom.

This was full of stuff. Takes more than one watch to take it all in. Probably among the best of the season now that I think about it. Obviously they had a lot more that had to be cut (see the preview images)
Stan and Kyle :)
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:18 am

Magic: The Gathering; I have almost no clue about it other than it exists. That was not my nerd.
Randy's cock magic; what the hell was that? It was funny, but I had no idea why this is a thing for Randy. He is an amazingly talented person, by the way. All these skills that keep springing up; speaks volumes about the value of a liberal arts education. :lol:

I do feel bad for the girls' volleyball team. I recall some similar pleas for fans to go to womens'/girls' sporting events in high school and college. That felt real.

The ESPN Illegal announcer did not sound like any regular voice on the show. I wonder who did that?

I think we missed out on an opportunity for a Kenny death this week when he stepped into the ring instead of McNugget.
Also it would have been funny for Randy to get arrested for the wrong kind of cock magic as a call back to the birthday party scene.

I think this is one that will grow on me after a few viewings. It was a dense episode with three stories happening all at once. A lot to digest. They've earned the by-week before the last two this season.

You read it! You can't unread it!
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:27 am

Basically the episode I liked. I heard about this game, but never seen anything like it and personally didn't play, hmm... it seems incredibly stupid lesson, so that even the owner of the chicken brain is able to play. Is it so popular? In my opinion look at the game girl's volleyball team is much more interesting :) .

As for Randy with his cock magic,.. well, that was pretty funny, although disgusting watched.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:08 pm

Oh. Dear. Lord. :lol:

The whole episode was just hilarious, largely due to the misunderstanding by our favorite village idiot, Randy. But there was so much more that got me laughing.

The role for the poultry was every bit as expected for the little twists they give the episodes, but it's the sheer silliness of it all that makes this ep one of the greats, especially with the commentary and the ESPN Illegal coverage.

But what caught my attention first and foremost was Kenny's big moment at the beginning. Now, I'm pretty sure the bigwigs making the eps never really peek into this forum to get ideas, but Kenny's round of Magic reminded me so much of a little something I wrote up ages ago. If you were on these boards in 2008, you might not remember this so much as what I started with in my Art thread, but look for the part in this:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33737

10/10, hell, perhaps even more!
ToonFan1994

Postby ToonFan1994 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:52 pm

Randy, why u so funny this season?

That aside, this episode was really good.

Kenny was a total badass playing that game, even in the face of losing.
kittymccormick

Postby kittymccormick » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:52 pm

This was ok, I still will there was more focus Kenny (personal opinion). Randy's cock magic was hilarious. I used to not be able to stand Randy but he's seriously grown on me and was the best part of the episode. I played Magic a few times, but I played the World of Warcraft card game more so I get everything that was in the episode. This one just didn't do a whole lot for me :assface:

*I'm also loving the previous week live tweets. Having a fine arts degree, I love seeing the artwork.*
HMPHMMPH HMPHMPH!
Zuli

Postby Zuli » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:08 pm

that was crazy!! :mrgreen: good ol' South Park.
Kenny's back to being nine years old, i see.
Top 5
1. Major Boobage
2. Tonsil Trouble
3. Imaginationland
4. Woodland Critter Christmas
5. 1%

Favorite Character: Kyle
Favorite Season: 4
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:32 pm

This for me is the best episode of the season thus far I loved it just watching the chickens playing the card game was amusing and the boys just getting so into it all. Randy's Magic show was funny plus Peter Serafinowicz British actor been in Shaun of the dead and also voiced Darth chef was creative consultant which is quite cool.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:57 am

James--76 wrote:plus Peter Serafinowicz was creative consultant which is quite cool.
I missed that. (don't forget Look Around You either)
Female345

Postby Female345 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:56 am

Not a bad episode and it did have some funny moments

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”