*1809: #REHASH* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Hayley B

Re: *1809: #REHASH* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Hayley B » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:25 pm

We never got to know exactly what the Michael Jackson hologram had in mind, do we? All I remember was him heading to South Park.
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:26 pm

Hayley B wrote:We never got to know exactly what the Michael Jackson hologram had in mind, do we? All I remember was him heading to South Park.
Welcome back to SPS, HayleyB! Long time no post :)

I wonder in real life if Michael Jackson's family will object to this episode publicly with this new depiction of Michael in South Park :?:
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:32 pm

Big-Will from the 'Pre-Air Thread' wrote:
zzyzx 2 wrote:Next generation? The age difference is only about 5 years. @Kyle: you’re the older brother of a sibling in the same generation unless the age diff is about 20 years :P
Believe me, when you're 9 or 10, someone who's five years younger than you isn't even in school yet, so "generations" can be quite short. I have a brother 5 years older than me, but we didn't hang out in the same crowds, didn't have the same friends, and shared only some of the same music. Ike's experiences will be different from Kyle's for sure.
Big-Will, you hit the nail on the head :D

That's exactly what happened in this episode 8)

"Alright Grandpa" and "We have to listen to our elders" Ike's friends said to 4th grader and 10 year old Stan :lol:
NathanTheMadman

Postby NathanTheMadman » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:37 pm

Please, god, let Anita Sarkeesian be in the next episode. South Park should take a huge dump on her and the feminist agenda of censorship.
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:06 pm

zzyzx 2 wrote:
Hayley B wrote:We never got to know exactly what the Michael Jackson hologram had in mind, do we? All I remember was him heading to South Park.
Welcome back to SPS, HayleyB! Long time no post :)

I wonder in real life if Michael Jackson's family will object to this episode publicly with this new depiction of Michael in South Park :?:
Hello and thank you zzyzx . Miss you all.

I would be surprised if Michael Jackson's family even watch South Park. But they just might with the word of mouth. I would imagine Michael Jackson's own kids would like too. But then again I can see Katherine being like 'no'. Expect something radical from Latoya if she sees it. lol :D

I'm hoping that they will explain in the next episode. I watched it 2 more times. Tupac is in South Park too and he was suppose to go after Michael Jackson. So maybe next episode.

Oh and by the way. I still crack up at the Sharon and Tupac part. That is funny. :lol:
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
Pattar83

Postby Pattar83 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:51 am

This episode reminded me of "You're getting older" from season 15. Anyone else feel this way?
NGC6144

Postby NGC6144 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:15 am

Well, better than the average episode this season. It was amusing early on which is generally an indicator if an episode is going to be good or not. I hope the next continuing episode carries the online gaming theme further in how verbally brutal, crass and racist it can be. It would be a perfect platform for Cartman to rip on "the jew" Kyle and even Token. Mel Gibson could join in to that chorus. Maybe it can all take place online playing Butters favorite game "Hello Kitty: Ilsand Adventure" with "The Purge" death match mod.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:24 am

It may be coming for Ike. MJ took over Ike's body for a while in "Dead Celebrities." :o

And WB!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:08 pm

Big-Will wrote:
It may be coming for Ike. MJ took over Ike's body for a while in "Dead Celebrities." :o

And WB!
Could be. That would be a perfect place for where Michael Jackson's Hologram would want to go. Especially if Ike still has his buddies in his room.

And thank you! So miss South Park having new episodes in the springtime too.
John_117

Postby John_117 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:40 pm

Pretty nice episode, I thought that the Cartman parts were pretty funny. I know that people were getting annoyed with them, but I think that was the point - they're supposed to be annoying to get across M&T's opinions about youtube commentators. I'm excited for the next part, but that might mean there's no christmas episode. :c

agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:30 pm

I don't even know... Pretty not bad episode. Moreover, I'm intrigued, thirsty to see what will happen in the second part. But estimate don't will, for this necessary second part, and better if it will epic.
Stanluv25 wrote:Hm... well they hit the nail on the head with a lot this week. I for one am saddened by this generations dependance on electronics. And it starts at toddlerhood to seniors. Everyone is addicted and it has to stop. I too long for times where its reading an actual book, watching a TV show or movie without anyone on their phones... it makes me sad and I'm only 26. Has things changed so much so quickly? Life was not this way 10 yrs ago. :(
The worst is still ahead bro, the full transition to the Internet space and the life inside it. And we have the probability to survive until these days.
fuckcanada123

What Is Mj Going to do to the town

Postby fuckcanada123 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:35 pm

Why Is Mj Coming to South Park And Will Tupac Stop Him?
I Cant Wait Till Next Week. :D :
Aidsburger

Postby Aidsburger » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:41 am

I don't comment on this board too often anymore, but I've really been loving this season of South Park.

It's the funniest the show has been in years (my opinion, of course), and the social commentary has been dead on.

As for this episode in particular, I loved it, mostly because don't typically follow mainstream music these days enough to even know who people like Lorde and Iggy Azalea are, personally. That's an exaggeration as to some degree in this society if you so much as leave your house and walk into an establishment which has the radio on, you'll hear this type of faux-music nonsense, and I actually do have the misfortune of saying just in that experience alone I've been exposed to Lorde at least. Regardless, there's just no real musicianship to be found in a group of mediocre, cliche, pitch-corrected singers who are famous for their image. When you contrast against music of the past - the kind of boundary-pushing, unique stuff that existed in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s - you essentially never hear that stuff on the bigger scene anymore. There was obviously great music before those decades as well but that's not terribly long ago in the grand scheme of things for most things to have, quoting Stan in "You're Getting Old", "gone to s**t". I mean, looking at the South Park theme music alone, Primus are a phenomenally talented band who would've never in a million years been noticed by a major label had they formed today, let alone had a bunch of music videos and singles, because their sound is too unique and goes too far outside the boundaries of the formulaic/legitimately rehashed crap you almost always see nowadays. And that all ties in to why I loved this episode and have been loving this season so much. For the record exec character to openly admit that he's marketing an image that garners attention in social media comments and flat-out say that it's "not about the music anymore" - as an avid appreciator of live musicianship in music and a person that can be very cynical and selective about anything else, I appreciated knowing that I'm not the only one who seems to find himself completely disillusioned by what the kids are into. And I used the phrasing "what the kids are into" but I'm in my early 20s and it's not that I don't appreciate newer, younger artists/bands - if they're actually good singers and/or talented instrumentalists. But anyway, I feel as if this episode touched mostly upon, whether the work of art itself be music or video games (which in my eyes were also better in the 90s as the focus was on fun and playability rather than hyper-realistic graphics, which in my mind - with all due respect to any avid gamers out there - can only cause kids to be detached from reality), the issue of these people that become celebrities for essentially contributing nothing of value to society. Whether that be Lorde or Miley or [insert name of interchangeable, terrible, rehashed pop singer here], or PewDiePie, these people are famous solely due to idiotic little kids being allowed by lazy/idiotic parents to waste their lives away on the internet/social media. There's no value or substance whatsoever in the actual content being offered, artistically speaking, and I think that's what this episode was getting at. If I'm not off base in that assessment, I couldn't agree more, Matt and Trey.

I'm not denying my own tendencies to spend a good deal of time on the internet, either, or how ironic it is that any of us are commenting on an internet forum to discuss how much we hate these kids who are addicted to the internet, but nonetheless, I still choose to take some time away from it and get out and about as often as I can, and when I'm at a concert, or a ballgame, or really anywhere but in my own home (or getting an urgent text/phone call if in public), I won't really touch technology so as that I can live joyously in the moment.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:53 am

agent-FSS wrote:I don't even know... Pretty not bad episode. Moreover, I'm intrigued, thirsty to see what will happen in the second part. But estimate don't will, for this necessary second part, and better if it will epic.
Stanluv25 wrote:Hm... well they hit the nail on the head with a lot this week. I for one am saddened by this generations dependance on electronics. And it starts at toddlerhood to seniors. Everyone is addicted and it has to stop. I too long for times where its reading an actual book, watching a TV show or movie without anyone on their phones... it makes me sad and I'm only 26. Has things changed so much so quickly? Life was not this way 10 yrs ago. :(
The worst is still ahead bro, the full transition to the Internet space and the life inside it. And we have the probability to survive until these days.
That's what I'm not looking forward to. Telling my grandkids 'back in the day books used to be on PAPER and we had paper money and sat around a living room as a family watching the same movie or TV show...'

It will be sad days.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Zuli

Postby Zuli » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:51 pm

oh, no DX it's a 2-part =(
i kinda liked it, but i don't think it'll hold for another episode.
i was really hoping for a Christmas-episode for once,
but i guess not yet, then ._.
Top 5
1. Major Boobage
2. Tonsil Trouble
3. Imaginationland
4. Woodland Critter Christmas
5. 1%

Favorite Character: Kyle
Favorite Season: 4

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”