*1810: #HappyHolograms* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

zzyzx 2

Re: *1810: #HappyHolograms* Post-Air Discussion

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:58 am

BRMBug wrote:
mo303564 wrote: PS: I was expecting Jesus and/or Santa to appear when they talked about "believing" again. So yea, that sucked. :timmy: :santa:
I was expecting Mr. Hankey. :/
So was I.
Big-Will wrote:Man, the Hulu video is crapping out on me at 14 minutes. Is it any wonder people torrent the eps???
The Pirate Bay was shut down by the Swedish government:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the- ... t-created/

There was too much going on, trying to watch Cartmanbra in the window while following the Christmas Special while reading the tweets. But sometime the wording changed, and I'll have to watch it again to see where (or just wait to read about it at the spscriptorium), but as I recall in the beginning of the episode the hologram was called: Mr. Jefferson, and later Michael Jackson. So what I thought would be consistent with South Park #807: The Jeffersons, and keep calling him "Jefferson," they did at first, but then changed it to "Jackson." Blooper? Maybe I heard "Jefferson" wrong. I'll have to watch it again.

One of my favorite parts was the nod to 1807: Grounded Vindaloop and the return of (this time) Panasonic Customer Service representative Steve: "Have I answered all your customer concerns in a timely, polite manner?"
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:35 am

You heard "the old Jefferson estate," where Michael did hide out as Mr. Jefferson, lol.
zzyzx 2 wrote:The Pirate Bay was shut down by the Swedish government:
A mirror appeared the same day, but wasn't fully functional until last night, so I got the ep. :mrgreen:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
mudlick

Postby mudlick » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:29 pm

this adreessed a lot of the technology that im sick of and dont give 2 sh*ts about. i didnt really like it but i think that was the point. the younger generation likes all this digital bullcrap and the older generation doesnt.

good story structure
some funny moments
good work tying in all the episodes that is good practice for the final season extravaganza

i think it was really annoying though, especially the fact that people actually like this tech schlock
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:05 pm

Big-Will wrote:You heard "the old Jefferson estate," where Michael did hide out as Mr. Jefferson, lol.
zzyzx 2 wrote:The Pirate Bay was shut down by the Swedish government:
A mirror appeared the same day, but wasn't fully functional until last night, so I got the ep. :mrgreen:

Took a slow time to come to me. But that was funny trying to remember that he use to go by Jefferson in that one episode. At first I kept picturing Token and that was like 'why?'.

Like others, I have to watch it a couple more times. I started to get into the involvement in tweeting those hastags .

But I did catch Randy going to try to go outside to help and then as soon as he saw Tupac. He was like "sh*t" and stayed back in the house.
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
Kurushal

The Houston Texans Go-F@ck-Yourself-South-Park-Reply

Postby Kurushal » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:42 pm

You tease us with JJ Watt and then you don't make fun of him at all.

Go F@ck yourself South Park for doing that to us.

This is worse than when you had Rush on and not only didn't make fun of them, you even put them on your show with their Order Of Canada medals!

LAME!
Butters159

Postby Butters159 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:46 pm

towards the end when Kyle asked everyone to #webelieveinyou i honestly thought Mr Hankey would appear as it was a xmas episode. but Pewdiepie?

I get that he has the most youtube subscribers, but he's also one of the most hated men on the internet. I honestly thought Matt and Trey would rip on him more than any other celeb ever. But they didnt. Pls dont tell me they are fans of him.

What a horrid ending to the season. I cannot stand Pewdiepie. For someone like me who has an extremely old youtube account (2006) and have been watching lets play youtubers for years. I like many others feel he has ruined youtube for us.

I honestly was on the edge of my seat expecting Mr Hankey. Such a huge letdown.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:18 pm

I also thought Mr. Hankey or Jesus would appear but I had read the South Park twitter feed and it said Pewdiepie was going to be in HappyHologram so I was sure he was the one who would appear.

Why Trey did Pewdiepie is because his step son loves Pewdiepie and would rather watch Pewdiepie then play video games with Trey. So I guess Trey is Kyle in this one. I can agree somewhat because all of my cousins love Pewdiepie also and follow him on YouTube. They have even tried to be like him and make YouTube videos of themselves talking about stuff. But they all love to play the games also which I don’t really play video games that much anymore.

I think people have to watch some of Pewdiepie’s great stuff because I have found myself laughing at what he says and does in the video games. I think he is real funny. I could see a TV show like this coming out some day. Maybe South Park has found something?
What seems to be the officer problem?
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:39 pm

So Mr. Hankey WAS in the episode after all 8)

What follows is a list of EVERY "twitter" handle used in "#HappyHolograms."

They are all very clever. Don't tell me the handle "@hankeysnugget" isn't a direct reference to Mr. Hankey, and the very next handle, "@greenANDStuff" isn't as well.

Can we figure out the significance of ALL of these handles? Some are direct references to characters in the show: "@stanzMom," "@ShellyzMom," "@lordyLordeLorde," and Timmy! ---> "@tim_tam884."

Others refer to episodes such as: "@cisginger1," @FullBushbro," "@cockmagic4life," "@ShakeWeightFan," and "@fraichefan."

I also thought "@MJlives2011" was interesting as in Michael Jackson lives.

Later I may post the entire twitter feed (note the twitter logo is facing the wrong direction in the episode), but for now, I thought it would be interesting to only look at the handles used. Note that none of these tweeties (a term Craig Ferguson of the Late, Late Show uses to describe one who tweets) are used twice. Each tweeter only tweets once.

Here are all of the handles used, listed in order of appearance in the episode:

@deeShirleyJames
@benn_stansbury
@HeatherLG_123
@D_Grohl77
@CeeLovesHole
@18_bmorris_18
@KISSfan_ohio
@Vroomster_Paul
@dragon_ch8ser
@IggySux
@deglazer99
@sweetsassiemolassy
@hankeysnugget
@greenANDStuff
@gaby_237
@Big_Daddy_Ben
@_sweetSaLLy_001
@jojo_doe
@UTgirl_21
@stepOneUnderPants
@ScroatCoat
@lordyLordeLorde
@ThillerN1ght
@ShakeWeightFan
@imFlying_Shamon
@stanzMom
@cheezedOut
@FullBushbro
@ShellyzMom
@tim_tam884
@cisginger1
@BigBruceP
@fraichefan
@glutenkillz
@billiejeanzzz
@cockmagic4life
@lil_simon42
@RMbritches
@steveyP19
@BraH8ter
@dallasDog14
@DinaBennet_Mrs
@Tupca4lifesucka
@howamifunny_JP
@callmeBiggles
@MrJakeCakes
@GSlice
@BRDY_bloz
@lucaDom99
@TinaCPeters
@geewhizie
@DomoDodo_5
@reverend_al
@lucaveethewarlord55
@77_crdavis
@MJlives2011
@reeseKIRKwood
@rustyshak05
@29RankinBlake
@mygrrlygirl
@RobbyV62
@juan_miguel_lott
@Denver_momof3
@J_Tullock052
@cbcastillo_03
@2018_thefuturesquad
GaryTheDog

Postby GaryTheDog » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:47 pm

Does anybody else have the feeling that South Park has lost alot of his original spirit?

I honestly do not like how many episodes imply weird morals. Thats not why I loved South Park. I miss Chef and I miss how everybody was made fun of. Tom Cruise and Scientology was devastated, because they belief in - what most people would call - bullsh*t. Justin Bieber was crushed and now I had a lesson in how I have to somehow accept what kids consume these days. Russel Crowe was made fun of. But now, I constantly have weird feelings about how Matt and Trey want to teach me morals. First with Lorde and the Cissy-Thing, now with this YouTube ... commentor?

In the old spirited episodes, we would have seen crab people who try to conquer the earth by making kids watch this YouTube stuff. We would have had mayhem. Aliens. Cows. Whatever. Weird, easy stuff. But this last episode was so predictable and unpolished.

There were so many plot strings that just delivered such thin content. What happened to the free-roaming holograms afterwards? Why did we have to watch a fullscreen peeeewdiepie? This whole episode felt shallow and misleading.

I played The Stick Of Truth recently and had some laughs because of all the great cameos. But they mostly referred to the old episodes. Kenny didn't even appear.

I also watched an interview where Matt and Trey were asked how they came up with South Park. The main setting was simply that South Park is a town where weird things happen. And we as the viewer follow the adventures of the kids who simply ... talk like kids. Stuff happened, we saw Patrick Duffy legs and whatnot.

Why not use the old plots that still can be continued? I don't know, I am just really disappointed a bit more with every episode. It has been a long time since I really enjoyed an episode of South Park. And the only reason I registered is to ask if anybody feels the same.

Sorry, if that might be the wrong forum, but this episodes and seasons ending made me think. :/
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:12 pm

zzyzx 2 wrote:So Mr. Hankey WAS in the episode after all 8)

What follows is a list of EVERY "twitter" handle used in "#HappyHolograms."

They are all very clever. Don't tell me the handle "@hankeysnugget" isn't a direct reference to Mr. Hankey, and the very next handle, "@greenANDStuff" isn't as well.

Can we figure out the significance of ALL of these handles? Some are direct references to characters in the show: "@stanzMom," "@ShellyzMom," "@lordyLordeLorde," and Timmy! ---> "@tim_tam884."

Others refer to episodes such as: "@cisginger1," @FullBushbro," "@cockmagic4life," "@ShakeWeightFan," and "@fraichefan."

I also thought "@MJlives2011" was interesting as in Michael Jackson lives.

Later I may post the entire twitter feed (note the twitter logo is facing the wrong direction in the episode), but for now, I thought it would be interesting to only look at the handles used. Note that none of these tweeties (a term Craig Ferguson of the Late, Late Show uses to describe one who tweets) are used twice. Each tweeter only tweets once.

Here are all of the handles used, listed in order of appearance in the episode:

@deeShirleyJames
@benn_stansbury
@HeatherLG_123
@D_Grohl77
@CeeLovesHole
@18_bmorris_18
@KISSfan_ohio
@Vroomster_Paul
@dragon_ch8ser
@IggySux
@deglazer99
@sweetsassiemolassy
@hankeysnugget
@greenANDStuff
@gaby_237
@Big_Daddy_Ben
@_sweetSaLLy_001
@jojo_doe
@UTgirl_21
@stepOneUnderPants
@ScroatCoat
@lordyLordeLorde
@ThillerN1ght
@ShakeWeightFan
@imFlying_Shamon
@stanzMom
@cheezedOut
@FullBushbro
@ShellyzMom
@tim_tam884
@cisginger1
@BigBruceP
@fraichefan
@glutenkillz
@billiejeanzzz
@cockmagic4life
@lil_simon42
@RMbritches
@steveyP19
@BraH8ter
@dallasDog14
@DinaBennet_Mrs
@Tupca4lifesucka
@howamifunny_JP
@callmeBiggles
@MrJakeCakes
@GSlice
@BRDY_bloz
@lucaDom99
@TinaCPeters
@geewhizie
@DomoDodo_5
@reverend_al
@lucaveethewarlord55
@77_crdavis
@MJlives2011
@reeseKIRKwood
@rustyshak05
@29RankinBlake
@mygrrlygirl
@RobbyV62
@juan_miguel_lott
@Denver_momof3
@J_Tullock052
@cbcastillo_03
@2018_thefuturesquad
Yeah, I wanted to look up some of them too later. So far they haven't been actual people?
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
Africa Marsh

Postby Africa Marsh » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:16 pm

I enjoyed everything up till the end, for the most part.

Would have rather seen Mr. Hankey make an appearance, or Santa, or even Jesus, but not the dude they went with, and that kind of ruined the show for me.

This episode was a mixed bag of highs and lows, which pretty much sums up the season..
MoonBear70

Postby MoonBear70 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:17 pm

BRMBug wrote:
mo303564 wrote: PS: I was expecting Jesus and/or Santa to appear when they talked about "believing" again. So yea, that sucked. :timmy: :santa:
I was expecting Mr. Hankey. :/
Me, too! Mr. Hankey would have been a much more funny ending. Oh, well. I enjoyed most of the episodes this season. The Cissy, Freemium isn't Free, Cock Magic, and #REHASH being my favorites. September is so far away!! Until then, Howdy Ho!! :)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:46 pm

As Craig Ferguson would say, CHECK THE TWEETS

Matt and Trey are 17 years older than they were when the show was launched. Of course the show has lost much of its original spirit. Times change, so must the show.
Kurushal wrote:This is worse than when you had Rush on and not only didn't make fun of them, you even put them on your show with their Order Of Canada medals!

LAME!
They happen to like Rush, even made an introduction for "Tom Sawyer" for them, so they really can't make fun of them.

zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:41 pm

Big-Will wrote:As Craig Ferguson would say, CHECK THE TWEETS
Two bloopers, and one comment:

Blooper: @77crdavis says: PEWDIEPIE. . . Alllll Right.

There is no hashtag in this post. The only post in the entire feed without a hashtag. How did this post of @77_crdavis show up in this feed :?:

Blooper:

@MJlives2011 says: bring back the Michael Jackson Hologram.
#webelieveinyouh

This comment should not have shown up in the feed because of the extra "h" at the end of the post :wink:

My comment: Totally random post in the feed, nothing to do with #webelieveinyou, of MJ wanting to continue living in the form of the hologram :lol:
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:52 pm

zzyzx 2 wrote:Two bloopers, and one comment:

Blooper: @77crdavis says: PEWDIEPIE. . . Alllll Right.

There is no hashtag in this post. The only post in the entire feed without a hashtag. How did this post of @77_crdavis show up in this feed :?:

Blooper:

@MJlives2011 says: bring back the Michael Jackson Hologram.
#webelieveinyouh

This comment should not have shown up in the feed because of the extra "h" at the end of the post :wink:

My comment: Totally random post in the feed, nothing to do with #webelieveinyou, of MJ wanting to continue living in the form of the hologram :lol:
There are six other tweets without a hash tag, which should have had #ihatecartmanbrah next to them.

Not every tweet has a hashtag in it.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”