*1810: #HappyHolograms* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Hayley B

Re: *1810: #HappyHolograms* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Hayley B » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:21 pm

I was about to say that there was a one about Courtney Love during the Kurt Cobain hologram. But that one also says " #ihatecartmanbrah " . For a moment I thought it just said " #courtneydidit "

The full tweet is: "I miss you so much Kurt.... #courtneydidit #ihatecartmanbrah "
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
Hashtag_Legends

Postby Hashtag_Legends » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:58 pm

I loved that episode!

The story arc over this season has been excellent to watch unfold and will be even better when re-watching the entire season from scratch.

Matt and Trey are geniuses of our time and we are lucky to grow up with South Park!
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:54 pm

I'm disappointed. In the previous episode was great potential, but I have not seen its here. Both parts get the average rating 6/10.

It seems M&T decided to greet us with Christmas, we have to give them due, though the Christmas atmosphere I so never saw and didn't felt. What happened with holograms? Or is it a hint that maybe we will be able to learn only in the next season? Of course Matt and Trey are trying to convey to us something important, time changes, they get older, the show changed too, but I don't really like the direction where it moves. Although it is only my personal opinion, it's impossible to please all.

Overall, the season was not bad, though could be better. And I hope that 19 would be better.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:56 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:Boy am I ever glad I'm a 'grandma' at the ripe age of 26. This turned me off social media for a bit, even more so. I am so glad the only thing I do is comment every-so-often on youtube vids and like, two forums.
Better to be a grandfather in 20 than degenerate, which is unable to associate a couple of words or to write meaningful text, you agree with me? People enslaved: Internet, social networks, smartphones and gadgets. And those who are all these controls, make a lot of money from these dependencies.
Necrophia

Postby Necrophia » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:00 pm

This episode was so messy thinking about it becomes more confusing.

It built up in the previous episode for a big conclusion. However, the episode tries so hard to fit several things at once that leaves stuff in the middle. Stuff like Stan's conflicts on all the season, Tupac x Sharon, and the deal about Lorde (Randy, not the hologram) haven't been fully solved. Some others like Holo-Michael ends having no big role whatsoever except some exposition.

And the final deal most are negative about: Pewdiepie. In the previous episode i thought that South Park was making fun of him for having a kindergarten audience and as Lets Player will be no problem to use his footage. But the big finale with PDP being like a saint and a good-doer is sincerelly a bitter impact. Sure that using him will bring a wider audience, but PDP still has a crude reputation for tasteless humour and 90% yelling. And has nothing to do with the message of these two episodes, PDP is truly a bad choice which no wonder Kyle and Stan were mad about him.

I am no wiser of LP celebrities. But if you wanted to give a good morale about internet content there're several ones to pick from aside of PDP. Markiplier or Cr1tikal are the only ones i can think of right now (And i am not very fond of Mark), but the point is that PDP was a very horrid choice just to get more viewers.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:50 pm

Don't be too bitter. Trey did it for his stepson, who at 13, still loves PewDiePie and would rather spend his time watching him than play video games with Stepdad.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Necrophia

Postby Necrophia » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:17 am

Big-Will wrote:Don't be too bitter. Trey did it for his stepson, who at 13, still loves PewDiePie and would rather spend his time watching him than play video games with Stepdad.
You can do stories and such like hire PDP for others and that's truly sweet. However, that doesn't avoid the final result from getting criticism.

Just because PDP is in the episodes for his stepson it won't change the overall opinion people has of the Let's Player and the decission of being in South Park.
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:53 am

Big-Will wrote:Don't be too bitter. Trey did it for his stepson, who at 13, still loves PewDiePie and would rather spend his time watching him than play video games with Stepdad.
I like it. I feel that it's relatable to others and probably to ourselves too.
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
FreeQuebec86

Postby FreeQuebec86 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:03 pm

Wassup ( I'm French-Quebecer, so my english will be bad :P )

I'm a 28yr and maybe it's because i'm not in the USA or english world, but "let's play" are kind of new here, so i didnt "grow up" with them.

People seem to act like they fallowed lets play/PDP over 5yr or more. So maybe they are "blasé" now.

But on a "exterior" eye, most Youtuber yell or do "sex joke". Like i just saw here that "Markipier or Critical" are better. But to me they just sound like PDP. Sex jokes, improv etc. Critical just didnt yell.

And i was talkin with a friend and he made the argue " Everymorons with a mic could be a Youtube Millionnaire is false. Because if so, everybody would be no ? or many with 10 millions at least "

Loving or Hating just become a personal choice, that's the "Beauty" of Youtuber. They are self-made/self-create their own style to entertained people. They are no school to being a popular Youtuber or not.

The "notable" thing with PDP, is that he get to be the king of Youtube lol. His personality is likeable enough to get him there.

BUTTTTTTT i can see the hate for him, because at that point, it's just a personality preference. You like or not like the Let's Player you watch.

And i can see the "he create nothing, just commentating" But he help creator with free( or paid ) advertizing.

And yeah, music before was create, but they should that producer took control and that's why we dont have anymore band like Nirvana, rapper like Tupac but have 1Direction and Bieber.

Their "hit" on the Cultural industry vs the "freedom" of Youtuber was great and true to me!

But anyways :P I get that people dont like Let's Play due to "commenting only", but if you like some, realize that's is just a " i like this guy, or hate this guy" thing! Because Youtuber are ( or look/Feel ) close to the public due to no "Industry" around them. And industry is starting to try to get in Youtuber, like in the episode( I think PDP is "sign" with Disney? lol, but maybe i'm lost in the news )

Great season ! Book of Mormons was AMAZING, Stick of truth too! Great year!

HOPE FOR A OTHER MOVIE PLZ !!!

Or any good project in 2015!

a big DLC for the game or new game would rock too !
TEGIF

Postby TEGIF » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:36 pm

Knowing that Southpark rarely praises celebrities, imagine this: Using Kyle, Mr. Hankey's best friend, Trey and Matt get Southpark fans all worked up expecting Mr. Hankey to show and save the day. Mr. Hankey, a talking piece of poo. Who shows up instead? Pewdiepie. Just a thought here but maybe T&S didn't bring Pewdiepie on to support their message of change. They accomplished that earlier in the episode without a celebrity appearance. I think they may have brought him on with that particular Mr. Hankey set up to, in their own way, call Pewdiepie a talking piece of poo in front of a world audience.
Zuli

Postby Zuli » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:37 am

ahh.. i got excited that they remembered christmas for once..
but this ep. wasn't good, they should've made this last for one episode, only,
and made a real christmas-special again.
i also thought they spoke of mr.Hankey when they said webelieveinyou,
but maybe it was a reference of how pewdiepie is just sh*t. :lol:

Happy holidays, guys~ :P
i certainly loved this season better than many others in a long while.
so thanks. ^^
Top 5
1. Major Boobage
2. Tonsil Trouble
3. Imaginationland
4. Woodland Critter Christmas
5. 1%

Favorite Character: Kyle
Favorite Season: 4
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:03 am

Iggy Azalea is angry at Papa John's and it is not the gluten. I guess a delivery person gave out her phone number. It is kind of funny seeing how they both got the treatment from South Park. Must be that Papa John's is what made her ass so big!
What seems to be the officer problem?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”