*1901: Stunning and Brave* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

KeeperIXX

Re: *1901: Stunning and Brave* Post-Air Discussion

Postby KeeperIXX » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:08 pm

Big-Will wrote:I'm sure PC Principal will stick around until they're done with him, just like Mr. Derp did when Chef went to work as an accountant for an episode.

Maybe, though I personally find it difficult to figure what more Trey and Matt can do with that guy, as he strikes me as being, at best, very two-dimensional in his characterization. Granted, may be intentional, but his current Karma Houdini status hasn't really helped me ignore my problems with him.

but then again, they have surprised me before, so I should keep an open mind. I just hope the next episode has more pleasant surprises in store.
teylor.wolfe

Postby teylor.wolfe » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:08 am

Take this as a compliment: This episode made me depressed on the direction our society is heading. Keep up what you are doing. Eventually society will listen.
2coolhipdude

Postby 2coolhipdude » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:09 am

12 more days until my 10th anniversary. Wahoo!!

This episode= 5/10
Dudeitsroy

Postby Dudeitsroy » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:04 am

I was concerned by many of the comments. Just finished watching the new episode. The new principal is a turd. Loved Tom Brady reference ... All in all, I'd give it a thumbs up
Travis17

Postby Travis17 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:45 am

Good idea to tackle the SJW cult, but it was poorly executed imo. They got the speech down, but I almost think the SJWs would be happy with the way they were portrayed as strong, frat like guys who beat up biggots and win.

The truth is that SJWs are likely nerds and definitely bigots. They sit on social media tweeting faux activism and acting like they are politicians running for office. Trying to say the most politically correct things and attacking anyone who doesn't share their views like they are trying to discredit another politician they are running against. I assume they do this to gain favorites and followers to stroke their egos.

They reduce people to their skin color, sexuality or gender, and use those issues like they are pawns on a chessboard to promote themselves or stroke their egos. The ideology is highly manipulative and borders on cult like imo. They get away with so much due to white guilt and because everyone is afraid of being called a racist or sexist in retaliation for not agreeing with them. They also will harass someone's work into firing them for being a racist or sexist because they said something politically incorrect. It's insane.

It's like it's no longer progressive enough to not judge people by their skin color and sexuality anymore, now you have to denigrate the majority (straight white males) and coddle and promote the minorities. Best I can call it is reverse racism. Many of these people who insult straight white males and talke about white male privilege are middle to upper class white people. They've been taught that all white people are privileged (even poor white people if they're aware they exist) and have put systems in place to keep minorities down. This is what they actually believe. Meanwhile, it's not about race anymore. It's about money and class. Not sure how they got it in their head it's about anything but money and class.

Most people don't want to succeed based on their skin color or sexuality. They don't want to benefit based on those things. They want to be judged on merit. They want to be judged by the person they are not their skin color or sexuality. You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but with these SJWs it's all about judging people by appearances and how rare a minority you are. You should judge people based on their mind, their personality, their character, and their heart, not what their skin color is or who they happen to be sexually attracted to.

The sad fact is these are all young people who will go out into the world and run things and control the media. You can see a lot of this ideology in online media. They have no problem censoring speech they don't agree with. They'll just call it hate speech. They'll accuse you of harassment if you disagree or criticize them. People need to wake up and become aware of this so they can fight it. Free speech and expression are going to be threatened in the future if this keeps up.
djdomain

Postby djdomain » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:34 am

As many have mentioned, we have been waiting for influential people to publicly call out these faux-progressive PC SJW bigots. Personally I think what makes this episode lousy is that they were not challenged, the flawed arguments they use not exposed, instead Cartman chose to perform a nonsensical plan to make chaos in the frat house and Kyle eventually caved to their expectations (Which is the worst thing you can do because it gives them a sense of validity).

I was hoping that the examples of Kafkatrapping would be pointed out when I saw it being used (Kafkatrapping is when an accuser claims that you are X, not by any actual evidence but from an assumption of your character and position of 'privilege' , and denying it somehow proves it true to them), or for non-white-straight-male characters to call them out and in response they either accuse the Non-WSMs of being sockpuppets or claim that they're idiots/traitors for going against them (AKA #NotYourShield), or even for news media outlets to comment on the events in an obvious one-sided bias with no evidence for their claims (low hanging fruit for those guessing).

Hopefully if Matt and Trey choose to use PC as fodder for this season, they will be more witty and insightful when attacking it in subsequent episodes. It makes me wish Penn and Teller's bullsh*t! was still on though, it reminds me of the one they did on American colleges.
Dudeitsroy

Postby Dudeitsroy » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:30 pm

djdomain wrote:As many have mentioned, we have been waiting for influential people to publicly call out these faux-progressive PC SJW bigots. Personally I think what makes this episode lousy is that they were not challenged, the flawed arguments they use not exposed, instead Cartman chose to perform a nonsensical plan to make chaos in the frat house and Kyle eventually caved to their expectations (Which is the worst thing you can do because it gives them a sense of validity).

I was hoping that the examples of Kafkatrapping would be pointed out when I saw it being used (Kafkatrapping is when an accuser claims that you are X, not by any actual evidence but from an assumption of your character and position of 'privilege' , and denying it somehow proves it true to them), or for non-white-straight-male characters to call them out and in response they either accuse the Non-WSMs of being sockpuppets or claim that they're idiots/traitors for going against them (AKA #NotYourShield), or even for news media outlets to comment on the events in an obvious one-sided bias with no evidence for their claims (low hanging fruit for those guessing).

Hopefully if Matt and Trey choose to use PC as fodder for this season, they will be more witty and insightful when attacking it in subsequent episodes. It makes me wish Penn and Teller's bullsh*t! was still on though, it reminds me of the one they did on American colleges.
The season is still young. I have a feeling that following episodes will slowly attack the PC crowd...
DaleReeck

Postby DaleReeck » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:04 pm

Why was it so satisfying to see Cartman getting savagely beaten?
joshferrell

Postby joshferrell » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:15 pm

Check this out..there is an actual site called "PC Principle" lol :lol:

http://thepcprinciple.com/pcp/?p=6577
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:29 pm

Heh, Pop Culture Principle
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:17 am

I went back and watched it again a few times. The part I did like was Cartman's Tom Brady dream. That basically put the whole incident in a typical Cartman, South Park way in a short period.

I did not like PC Principal, and all these frat bros, and the frat bro talk. The whole point was good, but it was over the top. Episodes with all this frat "bro" talk and slang that really gets annoying:

Broadway Bro Down (That episode was fine)
Go Fund Yourself
The Magic Bush
Cock Magic

I hope they stop it with this.

I noticed they went thru and made references to past episodes. I liked seeing the City Wok guy go on about Mongolians again.

I really wasn't into the ending. It didn't really give any answers other than Cartman repeating a previous line.

I did notice they used a lot of current events that are either happening currently or happened over the past several months and threw it all into this one episode. Hopefully this means they can do other things as the season continues. The last episode of Season 19 airs December 9th.
Stan and Kyle :)
lukematt

Postby lukematt » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:51 pm

This episode was horrible, reminding me of a 10-page menu at a restaurant with no focus that tries to please everyone.
  • * Should have covered one topic only, probably Tom Brady. Political correctness?#@! Has South Park run out of fresh ideas?

* Should have used a new setting--South Park the city is getting stale. For Tom Brady, the setting could have been Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots.
I fear that South Park is the new Top Gear (i.e. in its death throes). Probably should start planning a sensationalistic swan song comparable to Jeremy Clarkson's beating on a producer for no after-taping snacks. How about "South Park's writers caught plagiarizing from an Afghan goat herder"?
kittenfanatic

Postby kittenfanatic » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:35 am

Where are the clips for season 19????? They aren't on the site.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:40 am

kittenfanatic wrote:Where are the clips for season 19????? They aren't on the site.
I was able to find them just fine. Did you check at the main page of this site? Go here http://southpark.cc.com/#
than scroll down to Featured Clips and there are 14 from season 19's Stunning and Brave.
What seems to be the officer problem?
kittenfanatic

Postby kittenfanatic » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:59 pm

JamesPup wrote:
kittenfanatic wrote:Where are the clips for season 19????? They aren't on the site.
I was able to find them just fine. Did you check at the main page of this site? Go here http://southpark.cc.com/#
than scroll down to Featured Clips and there are 14 from season 19's Stunning and Brave.
Just got around to the website today. I am finally able to access the season 19 clips. Thank you :D!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”