*1901: Stunning and Brave* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

VACOOLA

Re: *1901: Stunning and Brave* Post-Air Discussion

Postby VACOOLA » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:19 am

Come on, guys, there was absolutely no need to replace the show's heart with a baked potato! Sure, there's nothing wrong with such a replacement from a medical standpoint; South Park can go on like this forever, with a baked potato for a heart, I mean. But why did you have to do it in the first place???
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:45 am

Well, now we know what happened to Cartman and Randy, and I'm stunned at how horribly their stories got mixed up. Cartman thought up the pregnant Mexican women, taco launchers, and Syrian refugees, but it was Randy who was credited with that stuff by those PC frats. Trey's gonna have to explain that one.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JOSHSKORN

Postby JOSHSKORN » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:51 am

OK first of all, this forum is jacked up again...as usual. Had to quote another post to reply. Whatever, anyways...

Not the strongest episode, but not the worst. I feel like there could've been a couple of other characters from the past to make it a much stronger: Gerald as a dolphin, Kyle as a tall black basketball player, and Kanye West. Maybe Martina Navratilova...just trust me on that one. LOL I also kind of wish this was a two-part episode, and that Cartman played more of a role.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:52 am

Watched again. Cartman's Tom Brady dream was quite good, but all this frat "bro" stuff that has been seemingly consistant since 1801 has to go. It's not SP. It's also not funny.
Stan and Kyle :)
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:05 am

Looks like they succeeded in creating a dislikable character to embody the PC "police" on college campuses. I for one, wanted to see PC Principle's face punched in after the 4th time he made his annoying little siren noise at someone.

I was expecting them to come down harder on the outright censorship that has grown out of campus political correctness. It's one thing to not be a dick to someone about their gender or race or whatever, but when did that turn into being entitled to never hearing anything offensive? This was a situation that called for "made you eat your parents" Cartman; not whatever that little random scheme was. It almost felt like Happy Holograms where they slapped everything that was trending at the time into the big show. Only there, it was to mock that kind of short term popularity. Here, it seemed genuine.

The ending felt inconclusive. Are we stuck with any of these terrible characters now?

I loved the analogy that Fatass is Tom Brady. It totally works and was the best part of the episode.

Randy didn't seem necessary. I don't see why it had to be him bullying and harassing Kyle.

I'd call it rough start for season 19.

(Ugh, that "Moonbeam City" show that aired while I was typing this was just awful.)

You read it! You can't unread it!
John_117

Postby John_117 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:16 am

For everyone complaining that PC principal is unlikable and obnoxious, I'm pretty certain that he was written that way on purpose. Like do you honest believe M&T is into political correctness? He's pretty much akin to every guy I know who tries to be all "SJW" whose real intention is to impress women. I don't know.

I thought the episode was pretty good.

Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:32 am

Well... the beginning was funny up until Cartman was beaten by the principal for no reason. But this was just another episodes where the jokes flew by me. I don't watch football so don't get the deal about Tom Brady. Also what is PC/PCA? What was the purpose of the college frat boys? This felt like another reason to get Randy drunk for laughs but he didn't actually do anything for the story and things felt muddled up in the end. I doubt they'll have the PC principal stay for more episodes. And I do not think Jenner is a hero. Yes it's brave for the common person to reveal they are the opposite gender but I don't think anyone associated with the Kardashians should be admired. They can all rot for all I care.

No need to watch this one again. 5/10. Hoping for a stronger season 19.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:22 am

Stanluv25 wrote:Also what is PC/PCA? What was the purpose of the college frat boys?
The first one is easy to figure out, the second one is how Trey sees the group of people who are all into it.

PC - politically correct
PCA - actually ΡΩΔ (since Greek doesn't use C, Trey used Ω on its side, heh). Since Δ is such a common letter in Greek houses, Randy's group can be called the Deltas - the P C Deltas. And their rallying cry came from this one, by an A D Pi (Alpha Delta Pi) sorority.
Stanluv25 wrote:And I do not think Jenner is a hero.
THAT'S TWO WEEKS SUSPENSION FROM THIS BOARD!

Not really. :) Now that banning is not in my arsenal of mod tools, I can say that ad nauseam and not be able to follow through. :)

James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:24 am

It was nice seeing Tweek again though he had no speaking lines.Not a bad episode thought the ending was weak. PC Principal was quite annoying hope he goes soon.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
NGC6144

Postby NGC6144 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:56 am

Niels0827 wrote:I feel like I don't have anything to look forward to on Wednesday nights anymore.
You said it best. This show is spent. I was surprised that it was renewed to season 23 with how the series has been suffering the past many seasons. The show should probably be scaled down to a single annual special.
MoonBear70

Postby MoonBear70 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:41 am

"Stunning and Brave"? Ha! More like "DULL AND LAME"!!! I give it 3/10. Terrible start to season 19. However, I am not worried. I hope it's just a case of shaking off the rust, as they sometimes struggle with season premieres. A good example is Episode 1 Season 15 - "HUMANCENTiPAD". That was a HORRENDOUS episode, yet they went on to have one of their strongest seasons ever! Let's all hope for a much funnier episode next week!
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:33 pm

Some more thoughts of mine on this episode and perhaps some hints for future episodes: http://spnascar.tumblr.com/post/1292794 ... ng-elitist
KeeperIXX

Postby KeeperIXX » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:04 pm

I just finished watching this episode and I only this to say;

Trey and Matt, please return Principal Victoria and get rid of PC Principal.

I only see PC Principal winding up earning Scrappy status if he stays for too long.

The only real value I see in PC Principal returning is if he later becomes a boss fight in the upcoming Fractured but Whole, and even then it would probably only work as a one-time thing.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:30 pm

I'm sure PC Principal will stick around until they're done with him, just like Mr. Derp did when Chef went to work as an accountant for an episode.

Mamont

Postby Mamont » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:16 pm

I can't quite explain why, but I kinda liked this episode. :?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”