*1903: The City Part of Town* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*1903: The City Part of Town* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:11 am

SOUTH PARK
TITLE: THE CITY PART OF TOWN
Episode #1903 Air date: September 30, 2015

THE TOWN OF SOUTH PARK IS GENTRIFYING AND KENNY THINKS IT’S TIME TO GET A JOB.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: *1903: The City Part of Town* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:28 am

I can only guess what Kenny would find a job in... :cartmanlaugh:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:29 am

I think a lot of fans are gonna love a Kenny-centric episode! Also, it's blatantly obvious where Kenny will be getting a job, lol! Isn't Mrs. McCormick a dish washer at Olive Garden herself? As usual, would you happen to have either a preview clip, press images or a press release? Also, what's up with the PM system here? I tried sending a message to you two weeks ago and it's still stuck in my inbox. Hopefully you can help me out with that issue as well.
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:40 am

Reminds me a bit of "Cock Magic" - here's hoping Kenny really is the main focus, and that we might see his family. Totally in my interests. Totally possible to f*ck up too - focusing more on generic poor people we never see before or again instead of Kenny, for example :P Still, town-focused episodes are usually strong. A lot better than country or world focus.

Looking forward to seeing Dr. Janus again, and maybe Wing. Not holding my breath for seeing him connected to the Stoleys like I always wanted but sure reminds me of those days.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:41 am

Yeah NALLL!!! Read your inbox once in a while!!! :cartmanlaugh:

nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:44 am

nwt000 wrote:I think a lot of fans are gonna love a Kenny-centric episode! Also, it's blatantly obvious where Kenny will be getting a job, lol! Isn't Mrs. McCormick a dish washer at Olive Garden herself? As usual, would you happen to have either a preview clip, press images or a press release? Also, what's up with the PM system here? I tried sending a message to you two weeks ago and it's still stuck in my inbox. Hopefully you can help me out with that issue as well.
The clips usually aren't ready for a few hours after the episode information is, I assume you guys would rather get the episode information than wait until everything is ready. But if I'm wrong, feel free to let me know ;)
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:56 am

nall wrote:
nwt000 wrote:I think a lot of fans are gonna love a Kenny-centric episode! Also, it's blatantly obvious where Kenny will be getting a job, lol! Isn't Mrs. McCormick a dish washer at Olive Garden herself? As usual, would you happen to have either a preview clip, press images or a press release? Also, what's up with the PM system here? I tried sending a message to you two weeks ago and it's still stuck in my inbox. Hopefully you can help me out with that issue as well.
The clips usually aren't ready for a few hours after the episode information is, I assume you guys would rather get the episode information than wait until everything is ready. But if I'm wrong, feel free to let me know ;)
Speaking only for myself, I personally don't mind the short inter-periods of speculation -- guessing a plot based on a title, and then speculating based on a brief plot until we get a full press release and images. Speculation's part of the fun for me!
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:09 am

So, did Karen get redesigned? Pretty refreshing to not see Fatass or Randy in either of the press images this time around!
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:13 am

I swear as soon as I read the press release I saw the first image in my head almost exactly. The second one is just bloody amazing -- nothing makes me happier than more McCormicks.
So, did Karen get redesigned? Pretty refreshing to not see Fatass or Randy in either of the press images this time around!
Might be incidental, but you might be right - she looks a bit big to me here, closer to the size of a fourth grader. A similar problem occurred in Stick of Truth. Hopefully either I'm wrong or it's fixed.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:16 am

So nall, what are we going to do about the PMs? Also kind of a random question, but will Craig's sister ever speak and more importantly, receive a real name?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:23 am

Is she sharing a room with Kevin? If so, Kenny is lucky to have his own room. :)

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:25 am

JVM wrote:Might be incidental, but you might be right - she looks a bit big to me here, closer to the size of a fourth grader. A similar problem occurred in Stick of Truth. Hopefully either I'm wrong or it's fixed.
Was her hairdo the same in there as in the press release? Or maybe it's done up nice 'cause the McCormicks are movin' on up! :lol:

nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:26 am

Press release is on the blog:
http://southpark.cc.com/blog/2015/09/28 ... ss-release
nwt000 wrote:So nall, what are we going to do about the PMs? Also kind of a random question, but will Craig's sister ever speak and more importantly, receive a real name?
I saw your PM (the one from like 10 days ago?) and I'll see if I can get an update this week.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:32 am

nall wrote:Press release is on the blog:
http://southpark.cc.com/blog/2015/09/28 ... ss-release
nwt000 wrote:So nall, what are we going to do about the PMs? Also kind of a random question, but will Craig's sister ever speak and more importantly, receive a real name?
I saw your PM (the one from like 10 days ago?) and I'll see if I can get an update this week.
Alright, that sounds cool, thanks man! Also, has anyone here ever noticed how similar Karen McCormick looks to Heidi Turner? I'm just kind of air balling here, but could the McCormicks somehow be related to the Turners? Probably not, but who really knows?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”