*1906: Tweek x Craig* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*1906: Tweek x Craig* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:16 am

SOUTH PARK
TITLE: TWEEK x CRAIG
Episode #1906 Air date: October 28, 2015

The Asian girls in school are drawing dreamy pictures of Tweek and Craig.
nall
Site Admin

Re: *1906: Tweek x Craig* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:16 am

By the way, we are accepting submissions of fan art for possible inclusion in the show.

Details here:
http://southpark.cc.com/blog/2015/10/25 ... oi-fan-art
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:21 am

I'm guessing the new girl we saw two episodes ago, Liza is involved? I had a feeling since we were introduced to David I guess it's time to meet Liza and the others.
Stan and Kyle :)
jmsouthpark

Postby jmsouthpark » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:38 am

Damn dude, I thought this was fake but- I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING!
I wish it was Cartman and Kyle, since it would be funny to continue after "Cartman Finds Love," BUT- it's fine! This is fine and I hope my submission gets through! That would be awesome seeing my picture in a South Park episode!
:o
This is going to be a fun episode!
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:42 am

Well, this episode already sounds like it's going to be batshit insane, but that's a good thing here! I guess Liza and whatever other new Asian girls are attending South Park Elementary are going to be throwing Craig, Tweek and possibly some other kids for a loop here. I wonder if the regular girls will get involved with this plot at all, whether it be supporting the new girls' artwork (I know Wendy definitely won't be on that side of the argument considering her history) or all of them could potentially be trying to put a stop to this whole situation and perhaps run into that buff, SJW-like pissbaby who calls himself the school's principal and come up with some bullshit excuse to appropriate the Asian girls' actions. You also have to wonder if Clyde, Token and Jimmy will have any hand in Wednesday night's madness, as they are basically Craig and Tweek's closest friends. I am extremely interested in seeing what this all leads up to and this episode already has a great deal of potential to become an instant classic. So nall, when will the press photos, preview clip and press release be posted?
Last edited by nwt000 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:48 am

:| ...haaaappy birrrthday tooo meeee... :|
shi- Really? Well, it'll be interesting to see where this goes.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:03 am

Press images:
http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/ ... age-01.jpg
http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/ ... age-02.jpg

Also from the extended description:
"Meanwhile, Cartman, who struggles to understand his friends’ relationship, finds he has an admirer of his own."

Discuss.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:06 am

nall wrote:Press images:
http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/ ... age-01.jpg
http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/ ... age-02.jpg

Also from the extended description:
"Meanwhile, Cartman, who struggles to understand his friends’ relationship, finds he has an admirer of his own."

Discuss.
Which of his friends' relationships is he going to be looking at and who exactly is this admirer going to be?
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:11 am

This is going to be a long week......
jmsouthpark

Postby jmsouthpark » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:11 am

Meanwhile, Cartman, who struggles to understand his friends’ relationship, finds he has an admirer of his own."

omfg OMFG PLEASE LET THIS BE KYLE IM SCREAMING
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:18 am

I like this idea. I was thinking it wasn’t really true that Craig and Tweek were gay but maybe this ends with that they are! I like Asian girls and so it will be fun seeing them all horny over all the boys being gay. Maybe Craig and Tweek take it the hardest or it was just for fun to have them be what South Park Studios asks pics of? I don’t see how PC Principal will let this go on yet PC Principal may side with the girls saying they are a minority and they are commonly into this type of thing. It would be sweet to hear that the girls are Jilling off to this stuff. How will the other girls play into this as they may bully the male characters and try and get them to do gay things like the pictures say to do. I guess this is payback for all the times every guy has looked at lesbo action and been like “I’d like to see you do this”. We deserve this.

So Cartman has someone who likes him! Anything that likes Cartman is a good thing. Maybe Cartman struggles to decide if he can love someone who is not white?

Also I love seeing cupid me back again. I remember the last time we saw cupid me Cartman was all about making sure the same races stayed together so maybe Cartman will struggle with this issue and with people being gay?
What seems to be the officer problem?
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:27 am

Sounds like an absolute nightmare but I could be wrong. I noticed Butters is still suffering from his jump from the window.
John_117

Postby John_117 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:26 am

It's about damn time an episode like this happens where the creators make fun of slash shippers. Personally I would have preferred StanxKyle since it's the most rampant, but TweekxCraig would have been my second choice, so I'm fine with that.

What I don't like about these slash shippings is that they take the canon characters involved completely out of character (there is enough evidence to support that neither Stan nor Kyle are gay). And quite frankly, most slash fics I've seen don't turn out so well.

nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:33 am

JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:43 am

Matt and Trey've known about the slash fandom for at LEAST ten years, so I can't shake the feeling they gotta have a good reason to be tackling it, you know? It can't just be 'lol fangirls are gay' because it feels like if it'd be that simple, we would've seen this episode... well, ten years ago. I mean, I still remember when "Going Native" was announced and so many people on Twitter tweeted to April Stewart about 'Bunny' she had to ask what it was. She was a Saint about the whole thing though. Wonderful woman.

This is a tricky thing though -- as someone who writes SP fanfiction, I've run into a lot of people who ship stuff like this - even though I don't personally - and while there's some stupid people in those circles, there's a lot of intelligent and thoughtful individuals who know how to separate multiple levels of fiction. I hope the episode isn't a full-on attack but has a more specific point to make beyond that.

That said, there's a lot of potentially interesting angles for this -- I'd love to see a take on queerbait, but that doesn't feel likely. Craig and Tweek wouldn't fake. Also possible -- people being so focused on a fale Craig x Tweek relationship that another gay relationship is completely overlooked. Irony. Considering a lot of non-young-white boy gay relationships (like, say, Mr. Slave x Big Gay Al) get overlooked in the media -- this is a proven problem, even in PC circles - it could be fun. Maybe the Mayor and PC Principal force them to date for representation purposes?

Or, of course, one or both actually are gay, and this post represents subconscious homophobia trying to find a way around it... then again, we all know who and what we're dealing with. Matt and Trey are more heteronormative than I am by a landslide.

I swear to God though, this episode desperately needs Bill and Fosse to cameo just to say "Heh, they're gay!" at some point.

That preview clip is amazing. I'm pumped.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”