*1906: Tweek x Craig* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

Re: *1906: Tweek x Craig* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:57 am

kfgg wrote:4. Tweek is a good actor. Really good. He didn't seem to think he could do anything (Notice his frustration when he was doing whatever it was he was doing in his room.) and obviously needs to lay off the coffee but that's all his parents give him.
Whatever it was he was doing? You don't know what legos are?
Nicovic

Postby Nicovic » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:45 am

This episode was pretty good. 9/10.

It moved a popular subject about yaoi stuffs and just showed how does it work. I love how boys behaviour are totally realistic. Poor Craig and Tweek, they had to accept that everyone wants them to be together.
About Cartman and Cupid Me - It was kinda funny too.
I kind of not getting the thing at the end. Was Cupid Him raping Cartman just a his fantasy , that he was just sitting in toilet crapping himself in reality?
Whole sub-plot with Cartman and Cupid me was so hilarious !
Anyway. Does names and surnames of girls mentioned at the beginning are the real creators of fanarts ? Or they are just a names of Asian girls who just came to this school?
I mean - Lisa Akimoto, Kelly Zhoe and Heather Nishimura ?
I can't find those artists on Google.
Deaf South Park fan. :) Feel free to make friend with me, I won't bite. :)
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:08 am

My trouble is that the episode player isn't working for me. It may not be an issue with the site. I am a beta tester for the latest Apple OS, namely El Capitan Beta, OS X version 10.11.2 Beta (15C27e), and beta Safari browser, version 9.0.2 (11601.3.5).

Using the Hulu player on the site, I have seen 90% of Act I, then it crashes. I was fortunate enough to see some of the fan's submissions. That was a brilliant idea to have fan participation in the episode.

Until I see the episode, either on the Hulu episode player or some other way, I really can't comment. I do know about the episode from both this thread and from Big-Will's current version of what used to be called the The Spscriptorium. By reading the transcript I have a good idea of the episode. But I don't see M&T's vision of the episode until, of course, I actually see the episode. But Will's transcript is great! I'm sure the picture in my mind from reading it is pretty close to the animation that I'll see once I see the episode.

From what I've read, (the transcript and this thread), I'm excited about the episode, and I can't wait to see it and to "see" how the episode compares to what's in my mind's eye from reading the transcript. Thanks to Will for such a fast turn-a-round time in posting the transcript.

In the words in the style of Mr. Mackey: "Reading is good, M'kay?"

//off-topic

I see I'm making this post on October 31. Happy Halloween :D
Garronnolexyle

Postby Garronnolexyle » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:40 am

I'm glad Stone and Parker finally gets to lampoon the people who draw South Park rule 34 yaoi stuff.

Welp, I would watch it if it was available for my country but, eh...
TAISETSU NA MONO

PROTECT MY BAWLZ
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:25 am

nall wrote:
kfgg wrote:4. Tweek is a good actor. Really good. He didn't seem to think he could do anything (Notice his frustration when he was doing whatever it was he was doing in his room.) and obviously needs to lay off the coffee but that's all his parents give him.
Whatever it was he was doing? You don't know what legos are?
I do know what legos are, but you know, I was thinking more along the lines of whatever it was he was building, doing with them.
Stan and Kyle :)
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:06 am

djdomain wrote:
VACOOLA wrote: Yeah, they did kill him, there's no denying it. Except I didn't think Reality was all that real. I thought he was more like the town's collective Cupid Me or something. :?
I was hoping that Reality was going be a fiction of imagination that everyone who went ultra-PC would see, being a stand in for their conscience (or lack of one). Definitely became popular quickly for being the first character to hit back at the PC elitists and make them realize that they suck, he needs to make a comeback later on.
Agreed. As a manifestation of people's deeply repressed common sense, Reality has been the only enjoyable character so far. My biggest gripe with this season, aside from its ridiculously long main story arc (which could have easily been jammed into just one or two episodes), is that in the past, no matter how nuts things were going, there used to be a voice of reason in the vein of the archetypal truth-telling boy from "The Emperor's New Clothes," personified mostly by either Stan or Kyle, that at some point of each episode would stand out and say, "Hold on a sec! This is pretty fucked up right here." And everyone else would be like, "You are damn right, kid. What the fuck were we thinking?!" In other words, individual nonconformity used to defeat mass stupidity. Truth be told, it didn't always work that way, but today the only character who dares to object, to stand up against the triumphant PCinsanity, gets killed by the crowd of crazy townsfolk. Which is rather frustrating.

Seeing as how nobody else is willing to resist, Reality is destined to strike back. And the sooner he does, the better.
kfgg wrote:Tweek is a good actor. Really good. He didn't seem to think he could do anything (Notice his frustration when he was doing whatever it was he was doing in his room.) and obviously needs to lay off the coffee but that's all his parents give him.
If Tweek laid off the coffee, automatically losing his distinctive tics and high-pitched voice, what would be left of him? He would no longer be the Tweek we know because he would turn into Kyle once and for all. Do we need another Kyle that only looks like Tweek? I'd say one Kyle is more than enough, and sometimes, just sometimes, even one Kyle is one too many.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:11 pm

VACOOLA wrote:If Tweek laid off the coffee, automatically losing his distinctive tics and high-pitched voice, what would be left of him? He would no longer be the Tweek we know because he would turn into Kyle once and for all. Do we need another Kyle that only looks like Tweek? I'd say one Kyle is more than enough, and sometimes, just sometimes, even one Kyle is one too many.
They're both different personalities obviously even though they have a similar voice.

As for what I was saying about Tweek, I have an unusual thing about me where I actually think of the character's well being (As if they were reality)
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:04 pm

Loved it. Only episode this season that actually made me laugh. Tweek was goddamn adorable, literally my favorite thing to see in years. Craig was great too. All the scenes with them were great, their breakup was hilarious. Craig's dad was also pretty great. So I guess they're a couple now, wonder if they're going to touch on this again...

I didn't really like the Cartman bits, detracted from the whole episode IMO.
Pastel Princess

Postby Pastel Princess » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:00 pm

Well, this episode was relevant to my interests. Thank you, Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

It even looks like they got actual CraigxTweek (and TweekxCraig) stuff from DA or pixiv or something, which I found absolutely hilarious. The breakup scene practically had me rolling on the floor, it was so good.

It should be noted that there is a difference between yaoi and BL, but I'm not going to complain about it. Explaining the difference between the two to the uninitiated would have been uninteresting and taken too much time within the episode, and ultimately wouldn't be worth it. That said, they had no reason to equate the two. Just call it yaoi, because it sounds more Asian.

Ultimately the best episode of the season so far, though I've been enjoying the whole thing overall.
ilvny

Postby ilvny » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:50 am

I find the episode to the the best one of the season so far! I can't believe Trey and Matt finally did an episode about people pairing the characters together. The whole episode is hilarious! I love how the girls and the town swooned over Tweek and Craig being a couple.

I love the way Tweek and Craig acted in the episode and how everyone thought they were gay despite the boys saying otherwise.

The breakup scene was awesome! Tweek is a great actor. I love how he went overboard and made Craig seem like a cheater.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:09 am

Pastel Princess wrote:It even looks like they got actual CraigxTweek (and TweekxCraig) stuff from DA or pixiv or something, which I found absolutely hilarious. The breakup scene practically had me rolling on the floor, it was so good.
We solicited for people to submit their fan art. We got about 1500 unique submissions when it was all said and done.

By the way, getting a call from your boss that they "need yaoi fan art of Tweek and Craig asap" is a really, really bizarre experience.
zzyzx 2 wrote:My trouble is that the episode player isn't working for me. It may not be an issue with the site. I am a beta tester for the latest Apple OS, namely El Capitan Beta, OS X version 10.11.2 Beta (15C27e), and beta Safari browser, version 9.0.2 (11601.3.5).
Please report this to Apple. We played the episode on several machines running 10.11.1 with no issues. That said, have you tried Firefox or Chrome?
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:56 am

nall wrote:By the way, getting a call from your boss that they "need yaoi fan art of Tweek and Craig asap" is a really, really bizarre experience.
I can't imagine getting a call from my boss asking for such a thing though. And on such a short deadline.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:17 am

nall wrote:
zzyzx 2 wrote:My trouble is that the episode player isn't working for me. It may not be an issue with the site. I am a beta tester for the latest Apple OS, namely El Capitan Beta, OS X version 10.11.2 Beta (15C27e), and beta Safari browser, version 9.0.2 (11601.3.5).
Please report this to Apple. We played the episode on several machines running 10.11.1 with no issues. That said, have you tried Firefox or Chrome?
Great suggestion, nall. The episode plays with BOTH Firefox and Chrome. I sent a report to Apple. Thanks again. I finally saw the episode 8)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:00 am

nall wrote:
Pastel Princess wrote:It even looks like they got actual CraigxTweek (and TweekxCraig) stuff from DA or pixiv or something, which I found absolutely hilarious. The breakup scene practically had me rolling on the floor, it was so good.
We solicited for people to submit their fan art. We got about 1500 unique submissions when it was all said and done.
Will there be a list of contributors available at some point whose artwork made it onto the episode? I've seen a few threads asking about that.

Related question: are Lisa Akimoto, Kelly Zhou, and Heather Nishimura the names of the artists behind the pieces associated with those names, or just random representations of Asian-Americans.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:26 pm

Big-Will wrote:
nall wrote:
Will there be a list of contributors available at some point whose artwork made it onto the episode? I've seen a few threads asking about that.

Related question: are Lisa Akimoto, Kelly Zhou, and Heather Nishimura the names of the artists behind the pieces associated with those names, or just random representations of Asian-Americans.
I would venture to guess the latter.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”