*1907: Naughty Ninjas* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

JVM

Re: *1907: Naughty Ninjas* Post-Air Discussion

Postby JVM » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:07 pm

Big-Will wrote:The Tweak answer has been surprisingly consistent over the years, except the first time it was asked...
March 25, 2010 wrote:
Q: I know you guys might think I'm an idiot, but what is Tweak's full name?? I've never caught it...

A: You're not an idiot, I just think you need some coffee. Tweak's full name is "Tweek Tweak".
August 8, 2002 wrote:
Q: Is "Tweek" his first name or his last name?

A: Tweek's name is "Tweek Tweak"
April 22, 2001 wrote:
Q: Is Tweek's last name Tweek too?

A: His last name is Tweak!
April 19, 2001 wrote:
Q: I'm confused, is Tweek's name spelled Tweek or Tweak? And is Tweek's(Tweak) last name Tweek (Tweak) too? My friends and I want to know.

A: It's Tweek.
But in "Tweek vs. Craig," not even two years before the two FAQs directly above, we get this
June 23, 1999 wrote:Image
I didn't even go to the official script for this, just to the video. For 12 years I held that "Tweek Tweek" was the correct spelling, until "T.M.I." aired. And of course, Mr. Tweek's badge says "Mr. Tweek" the first time he appeared in "Gnomes."
It's a long-standing South Park mystery but it's also worth noting that we really don't know a lot about Tweek, and intentionally excluding his stint as the sixth boy, he's only truly been a focus of three episodes ("Gnomes", "Tweek vs. Craig" and "Tweek x Craig") plus a quest in The Stick of Truth ...so it's kind of unlikely we'll get a real, official clarification, unfortunately.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:11 pm

Advantage: Tweek Tweek. Especially if TSoT uses this spelling - Matt and Trey had their hands in every part of the game. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:19 am

Big-Will wrote:Advantage: Tweek Tweek. Especially if TSoT uses this spelling - Matt and Trey had their hands in every part of the game. :)
I've actually had my doubts about the subtitles, based on stuff like Ned's last name being spelled 'Gerblanski' and a couple small bits I've mostly forgotten... I do still consider the blonde 'Craig' in green highly suspect.

Just opened up the game to check and... Richard is blatantly wearing the 'Mr. Tweek' nametag at Tweek Bros. Coffee, but the subs for him and his wife both say 'Mr. Tweak' and 'Mrs. Tweak'.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:15 am

Big-Will wrote:Advantage: Tweek Tweek. Especially if TSoT uses this spelling - Matt and Trey had their hands in every part of the game. :)
There are definitely some last minute mistakes in the TSoT subtitles.
ssjup81

Postby ssjup81 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:06 am

JamesPup wrote:Nall I think that nwt000 is talking about how when Barbrady entered his apartment that he said something like “hi honey I’m home”. This at first tricked me into thinking Barbrady had a wife but then it showed his dying dog. So for me I didn’t think that anymore but maybe nwt000 does.

In the beginning of the episode I don’t get why PC Principal had the police show up to arrest Leslie. How will that tie into the new plot of Leslie up to an evil scheme. He had a laser pointer and that is like trying to trick the police into shooting someone. Maybe PC Principal is trying to use Leslie as a martyr to the PC movement? Is it really Leslie that is plotting everything? And what picture is on her shirt?
Wait, didn't Barbrady mention having a wife way back in that Spooky Fish ep? I was thinking the same when he said "Honey I'm home".
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:10 pm

Yes, he did mention that back then.

"Honey" referred to his dog, heh.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:54 am

Barbrady's wife was mentioned in "Chickenlover" and "Spookyfish" -- I usually used to imagine he and McDaniels were secretly married, since both seemed to have a sexual relationship but no other spouses seen.
morgan2076

Postby morgan2076 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:37 pm

Principal PC: There she is officers. Right there. I told you to stop chatting with your friends Leslie. See officers? Apparently, Leslie thinks that talking her friends is more important than learning about diversity in third world countries. That's her. Right there. Remove her from my school.

That just had me laughing out loud. Schools these days are exactly like that and they do go overboard by calling the police. Its b/c of the legal society we live in. The schools don't want to handle small issues anymore b/c they'll be sued.

The revitalization of Kenny's family area SodaSopa which had been rebuilt and trendy is now a really crappy part of town where
people are shooting up and laying on the streets. When the police are called? Well, they've gone Full Hula. Why bother anymore.

Creators of SP have their finger on the pulse of America w/this episode.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”