*1908: Sponsored Content* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

VACOOLA

Re: *1908: Sponsored Content* Post-Air Discussion

Postby VACOOLA » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:01 am

Funny how wide of the mark all our guesses turned out to be. We all thought it was something or someone familiar gearing up to destroy the town, something we had come across previously on the show, whereas in fact it was something entirely different. Ads that took on a life of their own and evolved into humans? Gee whiz. I mean, I do get the point, but doesn't this whole story sound kind of ehhh... how do I say this... retarded? If ads can disguise themselves as the news, they can also disguise themselves as humans without even realizing it. That's how sophisticated they have become. No doubt ads annoy the shit out of people, but was this whole idea worth making it an effin' 10-parter? An entire season wasted on what? A long and winding guilt trip or just a rant about how annoying adds can be? If it really is the latter, Captain Obvious' heart must have pissed its pants over this great discovery.

On a brighter note, the consent forms part really had me in stitches. Jimmy turning the tables on the pussy crushing bros was a nice touch too. I hope Principal Victoria kicks their asses one of these days with her newfound cane.
Last edited by VACOOLA on Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:10 am

Well, at least we now know who the elephant in the room was all along: Leslie.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:05 am

Episode is live on site now.
ajgv96

Postby ajgv96 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:54 am

I think the ads could be related to the holograms from last season..
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:46 pm

What if, at the end of the seasons, we get reacquainted with an old PC friend of ours?

Professor Chaos!

"You're no match for me, Coon and Friends!"
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:49 pm

Good to see Principal Victoria and Garrison again. And always great to see Catelyn Jenner driving "Buckle Up Buckaroos!"

Could care less about PC Principal but kinda sad Leslie is probably not going to be around anymore.
Stan and Kyle :)
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:45 pm

Big-Will wrote:What if, at the end of the seasons, we get reacquainted with an old PC friend of ours?

Professor Chaos!

"You're no match for me, Coon and Friends!"

That would be awesome.

Great episode i really liked this one,glad to see Principal Victoria again but damn no show next week really want to see what happens next. :?: :twisted:
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
KeeperIXX

Postby KeeperIXX » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:37 pm

Now THAT was an awesome episode!

Jimmy giving PC Principal his long-awaited just-deserts? awesome!

Principal Victoria and Mr. Garrison making return appearances? awesome!

PC Principal being given some legit character development and successfully making him sympathetic in his delusions? awesome!

Learning that everything in Season 19 is actually building up to a big climax? beyond awesome!

I officially can't wait 'till the next episode.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:37 pm

I’m not sure how this will go. Is it state farm, I just got something from them in the mail, ahhhh. I think it may show us a place that creates people who are ads. I don’t know if PCP is an ad but he seems to be one as why else is he in an ad with Leslie. Who is behind the ads? We saw a Geico guy who was killed and pulled a gun. Barbardy was great being like the Terminator. Will Jimmy have to fight at all in a digital universe or a standoff of logic? He couldn’t stand talking to Leslie. Maybe Leslie will kill the other ads or their creators as Jimmy gets through with her and what she must do. Perhaps there is an overload of ads that kills people that Leslie could do to people? Butters dad was funny. I liked how it is like the twilight zone. I think someone could really make a lot of money with a web browser and a news site that is ad free.

Nathan as school newspaper editor would be a great plot of its own episode. Will Nathan take the ad peoples money and if so will he be rich for now on? I wonder if that will be done at all and what his stories will be about? Would it be stupid the way a retard would write or will they be something else? We haven't seen Nathan with any other enemies other than Jimmy. So will Nathan and I hope Mimsy be working on the paper together? It would be fun for Nathan to expand on who he wants to go after.

I think if Nathan was German and Mimsy was Italian and you added in a Japanese retard too that would be soo funny. :lol:
What seems to be the officer problem?
JayDrew

Postby JayDrew » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:52 am

To be honest, I think you're all missing it. Can you really tell when something is what it pretends to be as opposed to an ad? IIRC I think I read something about the new South Park video game tying into the show. I'm willing to bet quite a lot of money that the end of the season will be continued in the new video game. As such what you're watching is actually an ad for that game. Having said that I think I should win a "special prize" for being the first person to figure this out. Like $10,000 or something...if they occasionally reward us we're a lot more likely to keep watching. Can Nail or BigWill make this happen? Thanks, d00dz.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:04 am

JayDrew wrote:To be honest, I think you're all missing it. Can you really tell when something is what it pretends to be as opposed to an ad? IIRC I think I read something about the new South Park video game tying into the show. I'm willing to bet quite a lot of money that the end of the season will be continued in the new video game. As such what you're watching is actually an ad for that game. Having said that I think I should win a "special prize" for being the first person to figure this out. Like $10,000 or something...if they occasionally reward us we're a lot more likely to keep watching. Can Nail or BigWill make this happen? Thanks, d00dz.
Trust me JayDrew your pure late on saying this season would have a tie in with The Fractured But Whole. People were speculating that when the news of The new video game came out. The most resent before you is Big Will like 5 posts before yours on this thread. He say Professor Chaos and gives a quote from the video games trailer.
JayDrew

Postby JayDrew » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:45 am

Well good for Big Will and the lot of you. Still my main point was still one that was missed...that it's all an ad/sponsored content for their new video game and that that's the point of the episode. Fine, I'll settle for only $5000....sheesh.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:41 am

I did mention Professor Chaos, the villain in said game. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Smokebot

Postby Smokebot » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:10 am

Y'all are nutty. Great ep.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:43 am

JayDrew wrote:Well good for Big Will and the lot of you. Still my main point was still one that was missed...that it's all an ad/sponsored content for their new video game and that that's the point of the episode. Fine, I'll settle for only $5000....sheesh.
Dude Bro we all saw "Titties and Dragons" on season 17 of the finally of the Black Friday trilogy. That ended with an advertisement for the Stick of Truth. It may of not been said that season 19 would also have ad for the new video game or maybe it was by someone as I don't remember but as far as I remember but dude we knew to expect some similar thing. Still sorry bro sorry for my micro aggression.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”