*1909: Truth and Advertising* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Nicovic

Re: *1909: Truth and Advertising* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Nicovic » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:38 am

Wow ! I can't wait for newest episode!

And yeah, as I used Ctrl + "+" I zoomed the first screenshot to 300 % , and yeah, I recognized them, It's Jimmy and Leslie for 100%.
About second screenshot, I am sure that Victoria and Mr. Garrison will go like " What the heck is that?" when they will see this yaoi thing , and when they will see Tweek x Craig stuffs. I hope they will have funny reactions to it. Plus, I also wonder about one thing - What about City Wok Guy? Did he gave up on his restaurant and he left this town?
Deaf South Park fan. :) Feel free to make friend with me, I won't bite. :)
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:31 am

Nicovic wrote:Plus, I also wonder about one thing - What about City Wok Guy? Did he gave up on his restaurant and he left this town?
Mr. Lu Kim's business seems to be booming at the end of "You're Not Yelping" and the restaurant is still there in the background of "Tweek x Craig" and "Naughty Ninjas".
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:27 pm

So PCP has runaway with Jimmy and Leslie. I guess Jimmy will have to try and explain to the two of them that they are ads. Jimmy must also be after how they were created. Nathan will be fun. I only expect to see him in maybe 4 scenes. Looks like he turned the newspaper into a gossip section. I don't know if his stories will be correct or makeup. I think it will be more fun if he gets the right. I hope Nathan isn't like Anonymous as I hate those people.
What seems to be the officer problem?
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:20 pm

Clip is live:
http://southpark.cc.com/clips/bop3og/you-want-to-bail

JVM wrote:Nall, will there be a live-tweet to accompany this episode?
Yeppers.
Nicovic wrote:About second screenshot, I am sure that Victoria and Mr. Garrison will go like " What the heck is that?" when they will see this yaoi thing , and when they will see Tweek x Craig stuffs.
Out of all the things this season, that would shock them the most?
KeeperIXX

Postby KeeperIXX » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:22 pm

Personally, my guess is PC Principal's disappearing act must have something to do with that final moment in 'Sponsored Content' where he learned that he's an ad. And part of me wonders how the school's gonna be run with him going MIA, It's possible Mr. Mackey will be filling in his spot, which might be a plus for the students as Mackey will likely be at least less of an uptight facist than PC Principal. But it's also quite possible that Randy, whose already fanatically following the whole PC Progressive tread, will try to take over as principal in an effort to make sure the school remains as politically correct as it was when PC Principal was still around.

Considering Randy during 'Sponsored Content' was the only member of the Delta House that was completely unbothered by Jimmy's acts of defiance toward PC Principal's ideology, I wonder if Season 19 plans on setting Randy up to be a bigger villain than PC Principal. Randy's frantic desire to stick to any trend he follows combined with the fact that he likes to think he knows better than anyone even when there's evidence stacking against his viewpoint certainly would make it easy to set him up as an antagonist in a South Park episode.

edit:
Whoops! I stand corrected! nevermind!
Gold_sp

Postby Gold_sp » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:32 pm

So glad that principal Victoria came back w/t Garrison. Cant wait 4 the final great war!
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:24 pm

nall wrote:Clip is live:
http://southpark.cc.com/clips/bop3og/you-want-to-bail

JVM wrote:Nall, will there be a live-tweet to accompany this episode?
Yeppers.
Will we ever get one for Naughty Ninjas or The Hobbit? They're the only two episodes from the past three seasons that didn't get a live tweet.

Back to this Wednesday's new episode, I still don't want to totally rule out the possibility of Randy becoming a villain. You never know, he could just be saying that him and the other Marshes can't afford to live in South Park as an excuse to move to a strategically important location or a way to get the rest of his family out of town to hatch some kind of a sinister plot. If he genuinely can't afford to live in South Park much longer, which is considerably more likely the case here, you have to wonder if any other families in town are facing a dilemma similar to that of the Marshes. I also question if these financial woes are just the result of poor money management by the town's idiotic populace or if some sudden event or ordinance occurs on behalf of some dark mastermind or crooked organization bent on destroying the town and everyone who resides in it. Another thing I would like to learn about in this episode would be exactly what Nathan is doing with the school newspaper, which kids in school he may be scheming against, aside from Jimmy and Leslie, how this affects the town at large and what motive he might have for wanting to do away with South Park. It's nice to see the lead five back together, but it would be even better if they got more of their classmates involved in the fight to save South Park and bring down Nathan and whoever else may want to make the town and all of it's citizens disappear forever. The one classmate who might be the most willing to partake in this particular battle could be Timmy since his best friend has gone missing and he highly despises of Nathan and his antics. Perhaps we could also see Mimsy screwing things up for Nathan yet again. I'm holding out for an epic battle involving as many people in town as possible, especially kids, all standing up to whoever caused all of the peculiar events to occur in town this year and is attempting to put an end to the town's existence. This episode could actually end up becoming a thrill ride considering everything that lies at stake for everybody that resides in South Park.
John_117

Postby John_117 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:37 pm

Ok so I am confused as f*ck. The premise says that PC Principal took two children with him when he left. And this image got posted.

PC Principal, Jimmy, and Leslie are missing. However, Jimmy and Leslie already left South Park with Officer Barbrady to join the ex-news reporters, and Principal Victoria implied that Jimmy, Leslie, and the ex-news reporters are in a hidden place where PC Principal will never find them. Which leaves the question...

...who gets taken? I think one of the children taken is Wendy, you heard it here first.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:29 pm

I was worried the main boys wouldn't have anything to do. But there they all are, concerned for their friend.

Principle Victoria seems to be showing Mr. Garrison what has become of their town. The hats imply they are there incognito.

Seems likely we will meet the real bad guys this week as the boys figure out the evil plot they need to foil for the season finale. I haven't a clue who the bad guy will be though.

You read it! You can't unread it!
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:32 pm

So the preview clip points out that the people of South Park are poor now and can't afford to live there. So now why would people want to make South Park PC and make people so poor that they leave the town? I have no idea what is happening. I wonder what Principal Victoria will say about who is the villain? Is there any reason to own the land of the town of South Park? Is there like oil or something under it? I don't see what the worth of the land of South Park could be. Did anyone ever say they would get revenge on the town of South Park?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:00 pm

Maybe Cartman and Gerald will finally fill us in on what's going on. They've each been meaning to give South Park something it really needs. :mrgreen:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:04 pm

John_117 wrote:Ok so I am confused as f*ck. The premise says that PC Principal took two children with him when he left. And this image got posted.

PC Principal, Jimmy, and Leslie are missing. However, Jimmy and Leslie already left South Park with Officer Barbrady to join the ex-news reporters, and Principal Victoria implied that Jimmy, Leslie, and the ex-news reporters are in a hidden place where PC Principal will never find them. Which leaves the question...

...who gets taken? I think one of the children taken is Wendy, you heard it here first.
The description says that PC Principal and two 4th graders (Jimmy and Leslie) are all missing from town, there was nothing said or implied that PC Principal abducted Jimmy and Leslie, let alone any other children. Basically, the three of them are all in hiding because Jimmy is critical asset to saving the town along with Leslie, while PC Principal is likely still trying to come to terms with the fact that he is an advertisement. I guess there's an outside chance that whoever's behind this whole scheme to destroy South Park could potentially take some of the town's residents as their prisoners, but that's about as close as the show will get to your theory, provided that something like that even takes place at all. Like I said earlier, I'm holding out for Stan, Kyle, Cartman, Kenny and Butters to receive assistance from at least a couple of their other classmates, perhaps even some we haven't even really gotten to know just yet. Someone new or unusual being in the forefront of the plot would definitely spice things up.
John_117

Postby John_117 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:13 pm

nwt000 wrote:The description says that PC Principal and two 4th graders (Jimmy and Leslie) are all missing from town, there was nothing said or implied that PC Principal abducted Jimmy and Leslie, let alone any other children. Basically, the three of them are all in hiding because Jimmy is critical asset to saving the town along with Leslie, while PC Principal is likely still trying to come to terms with the fact that he is an advertisement. I guess there's an outside chance that whoever's behind this whole scheme to destroy South Park could potentially take some of the town's residents as their prisoners, but that's about as close as the show will get to your theory, provided that something like that even takes place at all. Like I said earlier, I'm holding out for Stan, Kyle, Cartman, Kenny and Butters to receive assistance from at least a couple of their other classmates, perhaps even some we haven't even really gotten to know just yet. Someone new or unusual being in the forefront of the plot would definitely spice things up.
I found a post on the southpark subreddit explaining why Wendy might be the bad guy and why she might be one of the children who joined PC principal.

https://www.reddit.com/r/southpark/comm ... is_season/
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:30 pm

The headline on the school paper:

PRINCIPAL TAKES TWO
FAVORITE STUDENTS
ON DISNEY CRUISE!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:45 pm

Big-Will wrote:The headline on the school paper:

PRINCIPAL TAKES TWO
FAVORITE STUDENTS
ON DISNEY CRUISE!
How were you ever able to read that? Still a Disney cruise is so stupid its funny. I can just see Jimmy talking to those people in the costumes. Cruises are so filthy also and I can't help but think someone will be raped. So does this mean that Disney is behind the whole PC ad thing? Maybe they wanted to get rid of all the people in the town of South Park because they wanted to film a scene from Star Wars there like the planet Hoth? Will we get Mickey Mouse and it is all about girls pussies tingling? I still think there is something dirty between PCP and Leslie too. So why a Disney cruise and where is the ship headed?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”