*1910: PC Principal Final Justice* Post-Air Thread

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

JOSHSKORN

Re: *1910: PC Principal Final Justice* Post-Air Thread

Postby JOSHSKORN » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:34 am

Ugh I was hoping they'd kill off PC Principal. I'm kinda feeling that this episode should've been a two-part one as well, it seemed kind of rushed. Kinda wish PC Principal was killed at the gun show, THAT would've been epic, and that Mackay got some counseling.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:02 am

jabadi6 wrote:Alright South Park fans, I'm new to the forum but have a big question. Every time they seem so close to figuring out the underlying plans of the ads, they always show the same state farm ad with Leslie and PC Principal. Next to that ad is an article entitled "US ANNOUNCES PLANS TO STRONGER TIES WITH THAILAND" followed by a seemingly foolish article. The article says "Thailand finds a new friend in Us led relations of friendship. Elephant statues of thanks to the president for making the war stop on the border between the old enemies of Thailand. The US wants to get a new elephant statue to replace the statue of a frog that thailand gave last year in a similar gesture of thanks and love for Obama and his fight against the oppressors of good relations between the US and Thailand."
Is it classic South Park humor? Or social commentary? What are your opinions?
Classic South Park humor, silly and nonsensical.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:57 am

After all the build-up the last two weeks, it's hard not to be disappointed by this episode, as very little is actively resolved.

There's a lot of stuff Matt and Trey bring back this week -- Kyle and Leslie, Jimmy and Nathan, Randy and Garrison's group, Officer Barbrady, and even seemingly new plots with PC Principal and guns. We get to see Charlotte for a beautiful bit and Tweek and Craig are still together, as I expected. Whole Foods is removed, but where will we get out food now?

What's forgotten? The ex-newsmen hiding underground. The true mastermind of the ads - unless that was meant to be Leslie. What about Principal Victoria - why did she come back? Is she completely gone now or does she have a new role? Will everyone always carry guns now? Officer Barbrady's not a cop anymore?

It was a fine episode in a lot of ways and I'll try to give a more balanced review at a later point but I'm still kind of blown away.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:29 am

Just not enough time to resolve anything of this magnitude in 22 minutes. I'm guessing there's a lot of deleted footage. If that's the case, I guess we'll see some of it on the DVD when it's released next fall.
Stan and Kyle :)
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:12 pm

How are we going to get thru the next 10 months?
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:27 pm

One other thing, I don't mean to put less attention to my own questions but ever wonder what Wendy looks like without her hat? That question was answered.

nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:15 pm

kfgg wrote:One other thing, I don't mean to put less attention to my own questions but ever wonder what Wendy looks like without her hat? That question was answered.

Uh, that's not Wendy, that's Beth.
http://southpark.wikia.com/wiki/Beth
P.S., I had to use a wikia link because she has no article or picture on the official wiki.
Last edited by nwt000 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:17 pm

Easy mistake to make
KeeperIXX

Postby KeeperIXX » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:51 pm

I'll admit I kinda have mixed feelings about this finale.

Bizarrely enough, seeing PC Principal still being around actually didn't upset me as much as I thought it would (and believe me, I was partially afraid this might happen), but this episode and "Sponsored Content" did a decent job making him at least more bearable, and if he's shifting his focus on stopping the Ad threat, then hopefully it means he'll be harassing the kids in South Park Elementary less often.

I still want Principal Victoria to have her job back, but the fact she's still alive and well and is back in South Park at least opens the door to that happening eventually. With that in mind, the fact Trey and Matt are currently choosing to keep PC Principal around makes it obvious they still have something planned for him (though why they can't just have him deal with the Ad threat without being principal of South Park Elementary is beyond me).

I know some of us are disappointed we got no knew info about Fractured But Whole out of this finale, but if Stick of Truth's development is any indication, at this point we'll likely learn more at 2016's E3 this summer.

I'm actually glad that they're still doing the subplot on Mr. Garrison and Caitlyn Jenner, I think simply the idea of Mr. Garrison being President can be a big enough plotline to fill a season.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:10 pm

Been having extreme mixed emotions in regards to Stan and Kyle in these last two episodes. All night. This morning I was literally at my lowest level in years. I tend to think a little more rationally, so I took to Tumblr and wrote up on something with a screengrab attached. I'm hopeful that I'm right in my analogy. http://jeremy1069fmhd.tumblr.com/

I'm new to Tumblr, but I realized a lot of people there are having similar emotions about this after spending some time there. I hope maybe this latest write up will help.

Please don't look down on me for this and for consistently repeating myself. When I read the description of this episode at 2AM Monday morning, my heart sunk into my stomach. This does not happen often. Watching this episode led to some delayed effects. It's okay, no it's not, yes it is, no it's not and back and forth. Anybody who knows me personally will understand why.

Overall I think the episode needed more time. You can't clog all of that into 22 minutes. I think it's time for Comedy Central to offer them an hour of airtime if they need it for longer storylines. They have nothing to fill the gap between South Park and The Daily Show at 9:30 (or 10:30 whatever) anyway. Just outloud thinking.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:56 pm

kfgg wrote:Overall I think the episode needed more time. You can't clog all of that into 22 minutes. I think it's time for Comedy Central to offer them an hour of airtime if they need it for longer storylines. They have nothing to fill the gap between South Park and The Daily Show at 9:30 (or 10:30 whatever) anyway. Just outloud thinking.
Ain't that the truth. It seems lately, even when they do have a show to put in that time slot, they don't have one worth airing. This year's Adult Swim reject "Moonbeam City" :parishilton: No amount of recognizable names could have salvaged that garbage.

You read it! You can't unread it!
DanPie

Postby DanPie » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:43 pm

Expected Whole Foods to die and sh*t instead of flying away, as a reference to the Wallmart episode.

This episode maybe wasn't the funniest one but the season will be one of my favorite so far. I loved the Jenner+Garrison moments, the distracting ads or PC absurdity. I'll miss it.
marcus0202

Postby marcus0202 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:21 pm

In case anyone is interested, there was another Blade Runner reference (carried over from "Sponsored Content").

When PC Principal was testing the Russian to see whether he was human or an ad, he asked it a question based on
a scenario involving a turtle flipped on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun. That is from this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umc9ezAyJv0
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:22 pm

I saw this short clip on CNN about the season finale and its topic of gun control.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/12/10 ... ode-nr.cnn
What seems to be the officer problem?
ssjup81

Postby ssjup81 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:27 pm

Ok, finally saw the episode. I'm pretty much like, "What?!" lol. It still feels like there's a lot of unresolved stuff. I hope they wrap those things up next season, like how we never truly learned who was the one pulling the strings.

I'm glad that Shelley actually said something. They ignore her way too much. They should have her speak up more.

I loved the part when Stan pulled a gun on Randy who pulled one out right back and how Stan told on him. lol

Loved Butters, but I like him in general. I love how far his character has come and how he doesn't get pushed around as much anymore as he's been more assertive and stuff. Also, the fact that he still has his Canadian girlfriend is just too cute!

Oh, so I guess Stan and Kyle made up. Wish we could've gotten Kyle's true thoughts on Leslie being an ad.

Oh the gun show! Hilarious!

I will definitely watch it again. Also, is there some kind of unwritten rule that says that only Stan can have a long lasting love interest and that Kyle will always get screwed over in this regard?

Bebe: Ok, she doesn't count as Kyle didn't like girls yet...but did notice her in the boobs ep.

Rebecca: Was that the name of the girl in Monkey Phonics? He liked her, and we saw what happened to that. She became a slut after one kiss with him.

Nichole: He liked her. She liked him. Cartman screwed it up.

Lesley: Turned out to be an ad and killed by PCP.

He doesn't need a love interest, just feels like he gets screwed over every time the potential is there. Seems he was falling for Lesley.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”