*2001: Member Berries* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: *2001: Member Berries* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:18 am

Gendo wrote:I'm surprised no ones noticed that Cartman faking the attack on himself was a rather hilarious Morton Downey Jr. reference...maybe the bar really has sunk too low these days.
You'll have to refresh our memory on that...
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
sidarlo

Postby sidarlo » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:19 pm

Personally I enjoyed it, going to watch it back again for a second time tonight.

Quick piece i put together regarding the episode
https://www.the-newshub.com/film-and-tv ... ew-s20-e01
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:51 am

At the very beginning, you can see Jimmy, Craig, Clyde and Token in the audience.

You do not see them in the audience, but you can see Tweek and his family walking out the door at the end of that scene.

Auditorium scenes from last season look like they were re used from last season.

The first auditorium scene, you see Stan, Kyle, Kenny, Clyde, David and above them Token, Craig, Tweek.

Cartman goes up to Nelly. After she's done, he's asking her to say "My vagiiina" You look in the background it's David, Kyle, Stan, Kenny and someone else. Obvious blooper but then again we can always just think Clyde had to move and David switched places with who was sitting on the other side of Kyle.
Wasn't counting assembly crowds as I mentioned.

Overall, I was bored with Garrison's plot but curious where Boys vs. Girls will go, basically.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
mario88

Postby mario88 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:44 pm

i am commenting only now, but i watched the episode just a few hours after it aired. i was so excited, i felt like stan & co in that episode where they endure the whole "russel crowe" show just to watch the commercial of the new terrance & philip movie: same kind of excitement. so i enjoyed the episode, it really should have sucked hard for me not to enjoy it. that being said, i would rate it, like, 6.5, not more than that. maybe it was just a build-up episode as another used suggested, so it couldn't be that funny. and i wonder for what reason a father would troll the girls of an elementary school, but i guess we will only find that out in the last episode. the "member berries" gag was so funny, the only part of the episode where i laughed, but i wonder if i missed some kind of reference because i feel like they came out of nowhere, don't know if you get what i mean. i also enojoyed garrisonon's "trump like" campaign: everything in him is like the actual trump, well, except the toupee. on a side note, i like how in the US you can call the candidates for presidency "turd" and "douche" and nobody will sue you, or, if they do, they lose in a court of law. can't wait for the next episode
He is the record!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”