*2002: Skank Hunt* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

zzyzx 2

Re: *2002: Skank Hunt* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby zzyzx 2 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:19 pm

MissMakesmesick90 wrote:Well I think what I said was relevant to the discussion, since you are convinced that Gerald is acting out of line because he is Jewish, rather than because he is simply an awful individual. When other characters on the show act like bad people do you bring their religion into it? So why this time?
I agree that Gerald is simply an awful individual. For several episodes over the past few seasons it has been Randy who was the bad guy, or at least, the stupid guy. So why not Gerald this time? Religion has nothing to do with this.

Trolls have been around a long time. Why do M&T think it's topical now? When I joined this BBS in 2008 there were trolls here. One was SJ, or Stovepipe Jam, or something like that. I was a n00b and wasn't aware of trolls. I learned fast. Now, in 2016, what's going on on the web to make trolls topical again :?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: *2002: Skank Hunt* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:50 pm

What's going on is that because of trolls kids are actually killing themselves, celebrities quit Twitter for a few weeks until something is done about it (this ties into "Safe Space" last season), and there's a general increase in callousness people perceive in social media.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”