*2002: Skank Hunt* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

JamesPup

Re: *2002: Skank Hunt* Post-Air Discussion

Postby JamesPup » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:12 am

Okay so what about how Cartman and Kyle both didn't have a girlfriend. Also Kyle during the big breakup was drawn into staring at a class photo and mainly at Cartman and how he was now gone or dead for not having electronics to connect to social media. So will there be a gay connection between Cartman and Kyle or will there be an explanation to why both had no girlfriend or will it be ignored or used for fodder in a later season?
What seems to be the officer problem?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:38 am

Same metaphor as Heidi - she left social media and dropped her phone into the river, and people acted like she died. Cartman's electronics were destroyyed and it seems like he died, and for Kyle it's worse because he took part in the destruction and then learned he did it ...for no reason.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
MissMakesmesick90

Postby MissMakesmesick90 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:31 am

Kyle felt remorse for the fact that he helped destroy Cartman's stuff when he wasn't even the troll. He even expressed doubt before they did it. Because that's the kind of person Kyle is. Nothing gay in there at all.

I was kind of bummed that he didn't have a girlfriend. He deserves some happiness in his life!
mario88

Postby mario88 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:33 pm

maybe kyle doesn't have a girlfriend because he hasn't still found a girl as deep and sensitive as he is. as for cartman, no wonder that sociopath doesn't have a girlfriend.
He is the record!
JVM

Postby JVM » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:20 pm

Kyle and Cartman are main characters and their relationships would be a series focus. It would probably come off obtrusive to suddenly see one of them dating a previously unseen or minor character. I mean, frankly, there's a lot of fans in all parts of the community who doubt the validity of Stan and Wendy because they're so rarely in focus. Those folks are quiet lately, but point being, it'd be awkward to suddenly see a relationship tonight. Kenny's oft-ignored and a ladies' man so that's less of a big deal - I'm still assuming Tammy broke up with him. (I miss Kelly though!)

I'd love to see Kyle resume his relationship with Rebecca Cotswolds - or otherwise carry a new relationship. But it'd have to be formally introduced. Not incidental. Seeing Cartman in a relationship would be fascinating, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

I am presuming that Butters and Charlotte, as well as Tweek and Craig, are still in their relationships as of right now. It would be nice to see those confirmed next week.

While Big-Will is correct that Skankhunt42 seems to mostly be targeting adult women from on-screen evidence, since most of that evidence is based on "Skank Hunt" and not "Member Berries", it's hard to say if it started that way or just progressed in that direction. What's odd is we've seen none of the adult women in town express much indignation at what's going on, but the young women are VERY bothered.

As a minor note, next to the Broflovskis are the Birthday Parents from "Cock Magic" at the PTA meeting.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:14 am

JVM wrote:It would probably come off obtrusive to suddenly see one of them dating a previously unseen or minor character
"Dating"? These kids are in the 4th grade! 9 and 10 years olds don't date. Give them a few years.
JVM wrote:Seeing Cartman in a relationship would be fascinating, but I doubt it'll ever happen.
Sure it will. When he's older. But not in the 4th grade. He's only 10 years old.
JVM wrote:As a minor note, next to the Broflovskis are the Birthday Parents from "Cock Magic" at the PTA meeting.
I didn't notice that. That is interesting! :)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:01 am

JVM wrote:While Big-Will is correct that Skankhunt42 seems to mostly be targeting adult women from on-screen evidence, since most of that evidence is based on "Skank Hunt" and not "Member Berries", it's hard to say if it started that way or just progressed in that direction.
Butters gives a clue in "Member Berries": "Hehe, he photoshopped a picture of Heidi Turner's mom with a dick in her mouth! Look! There's Wendy's mom with a dick in her mouth too!"
JVM wrote:What's odd is we've seen none of the adult women in town express much indignation at what's going on.
Quite right. None of the girls' moms have stepped forward except Annie Jerkins' mom, and I assume Annie Jerkins is not Annie Polk, Faulk, Nelson, or Knitts. ( :lol: )
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:36 am

"Dating"? These kids are in the 4th grade! 9 and 10 years olds don't date. Give them a few years.

Sure it will. When he's older. But not in the 4th grade. He's only 10 years old.
Splitting hairs here, man.

Almost the entire fourth grade male class has been depicted as *having boyfriends or girlfriends* within the last two years. They're not technically going on dates but the principle is essentially the same.
Butters gives a clue in "Member Berries": "Hehe, he photoshopped a picture of Heidi Turner's mom with a dick in her mouth! Look! There's Wendy's mom with a dick in her mouth too!"
I remember that line, yep. I'm just kind of wondering if he started, before the episode, with the younger girls and then moved his way up to their mothers, and dicks in their mouths, and later outside South Park Elementary, all the way to campaigns and Denmark.

You think Wendy's mom would raise a fuss, since last season's still implied she has a role in the town government. She doesn't seem to be the City Planner anymore, but even in "Naughty Ninjas" we see her with the Mayor, her aides, and that New-ish Guy.
Quite right. None of the girls' moms have stepped forward except Annie Jerkins' mom, and I assume Annie Jerkins is not Annie Polk, Faulk, Nelson, or Knitts. ( :lol: )
Christ, I hope not. The last thing that girl needs is another damn surname :P
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:39 am

JVM wrote:
Christ, I hope not. The last thing that girl needs is another damn surname :P
Seconded, can she have a concrete last name once and for all? I vote that her last name stays as being Knitts.
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:57 am

Finally got around watching this ep, and I loved it! Last episode was really dissappointing, and I was really surprised how good this one was.
No Douche vs Turd Sandwich, no PC principal (except the opening scene)... and no Randy.
Now I can't wait for this week's episode. Although, I don't think it's gonna be as good as this one.
ssjup81

Postby ssjup81 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:56 am

CharonDynami wrote:
ssjup81 wrote:I was talking about this on another message board, and one person pointed out how well Stan was taking his break up with Wendy. Personally, it just feels like he was in shock and we already had an "emo Stan" situation from years ago I'm sure many wouldn't want to see revisited. That was my reason why Stan wasn't all dramatic and stuff...but, as I pointed out too, Wendy was hesitant when at the meeting. That poster mentioned how Wendy was the "weak link".
Damn I wanted to point out that Stan has been here before. I love the Raisins episode, Stan should be okay. I will be upset if he falls apart again. If anything he should be a source of strength for the other boys and help them figure all of this out.
Yeah, I could see this playing out...Stan helping the other boys. I would hope that Matt & Trey wouldn't have Stan revert back to emo Stan, like in Raisins.
And this is kind of like Cartman in the early years. Everyone forgets that Cartman wasn't always a powerhouse of evil. Sure he started out as a douche, but it wasn't until the Scott Tenorman episode did he become a force to be reckoned with. In the first 3 or 4 seasons he was regularly hit and owned by other characters.
Yeah, you're absolutely right. Cartman was pretty much like how he is now in the earlier seasons. He was just a douche lol
Also, Gerald has had some weird points just like everyone else. He was the driving force behind the sue happy South Park. He cheats on Sheila (he was named as a possible father for Eric Cartman), he has a gambling problem, he outlaws the cat pissing thing but then does it himself, and was one of the terrible Yelp critics. So, there has been hinting at him having a dark side many times (like everyone else). But considering he his named after Matt Stone's father, I definitely see him getting redemption.
You know, ironically, when watching the first ep of this season and seeing Gerald get online, I figured he was about to do another Yelp review. lol Also adding on, he was smug in that ep where he packed up the family and moved to San Francisco.
JamesPup wrote:Okay so what about how Cartman and Kyle both didn't have a girlfriend. Also Kyle during the big breakup was drawn into staring at a class photo and mainly at Cartman and how he was now gone or dead for not having electronics to connect to social media. So will there be a gay connection between Cartman and Kyle or will there be an explanation to why both had no girlfriend or will it be ignored or used for fodder in a later season?
Kyle probably felt guilty that he was involved in "killing" Cartman by destroying all of his electronics when he didn't even deserve it. Out of the four boys, Kyle tends to feel guilty about stuff the most. He's generally the weak link in certain situations. Look at the TP episode. Kyle felt terrible about going through with TPing (when the other three didn't) and was the most bothered by it afterwards. Same with this episode. He was hesitant and questioning what they were doing before they all decided to finally get it over with and go through with their plan. I figured that was why they had Kyle looking at the photo. He was upset over what he'd done, even if it was Cartman.
MissMakesmesick90 wrote:Kyle felt remorse for the fact that he helped destroy Cartman's stuff when he wasn't even the troll. He even expressed doubt before they did it. Because that's the kind of person Kyle is. Nothing gay in there at all.

I was kind of bummed that he didn't have a girlfriend. He deserves some happiness in his life!
I mentioned this elsewhere on the board, but I was jokingly saying that there seems to be an unwritten rule that when it comes to girlfriends or potential romantic relationships, Kyle will get screwed over in some way.

Back in season 2, I think, Bebe was into him, but he wasn't into girls yet....so we'll give him a pass there.

Later on, he met that home-school girl (forgot her name...Rebecca, wasn't it?) and we saw how that turned out. He kisses her, she goes wild and wants to "kiss" everyone. It was a good episode, though, showing how you shouldn't shelter your kids so much or else they'll go wild once the opportunity presents itself.

Kyle had a strong interest in Nicole and she had an interest in him too...until Cartman screwed it up and she ended up with Token. Hm, ironic...a girl Kyle was interested in and the girl Stan was into, both ended up with Token at some point. lol

Last season, we saw how well he was getting on with Lesley and it really seemed like he liked her. Unfortunately, she turned out to be an ad.

So yeah, seems that whenever Kyle is in a potential situation to have a girlfriend or a love interest, something screws it up for him. Feel a bit bad for the guy, ya know?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”