*2003: The Damned* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

triplemultiplex

Re: *2003: The Damned* Post-Air Discussion

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:29 am

It does make me a little mad to see Fatass falling into this relationship with Heidi. Good things shouldn't happen to him for all of his crimes against humanity.

Gerald's frantic wiping of his online presence was great; like he had rehearsed that sh*t many times. The catapult was a nice absurd touch.

What's with Randy being the sensible one so far? He's doing the kind stuff I'd expect Kyle to be getting into with all the sleuthing.

The Garrison as Trump is delivering good humor as expected. Hill-Dawg shooting herself in the foot at every moment is golden. They've managed to distill this whole election down to its basic elements.

As to the question of who is "The Damned", that would be you, dear reader. ;)

You read it! You can't unread it!
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:56 am

South Park on Twitter would like a word with you. :lol:
Okay, I guess it's reddish now?

I'm still hoping they like, attach a 'Totally Not Whole Foods' sign of some sort is really what I mean. :P They put a lot of work into the location last season and I'm glad it didn't go to waste and all.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:15 am

"The Damned" are anyone who has lost his or her online presence or quit social media, and this goes back to Kip Drordy, who didn't have any friends online. Member when that happened? :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:22 am

Big-Will wrote:"The Damned" are anyone who has lost his or her online presence or quit social media, and this goes back to Kip Drordy, who didn't have any friends online. Member when that happened? :)
I 'member!
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:32 am

Meh, it had a few funny moments, although as I think back I'm trying to remember what they were even though I just saw it. Defiantly not as good as last week's. Gerald freaking out about someone knowing who he is was funny. Garrison admitting defeat was funny. I wanted to see Stan mope around more about Wendy of course, because I'm cruel like that. It's funny how the treat social media as a suicide of sorts and there has to be an investigation as to why Cartman left social media. I must be the only person who thinks the Heidi and Cartman thing was more friendship. She was inviting him along to a life without social media. The ending was weird and sudden. It felt like too many little plots were happening at once this week. The whole 'member berries' thing is starting to bug me. I hope we figure out exactly what they are next week. I still would like a girls vs boys kind of thing. And waiting to see what boy spills the beans on what happened to Cartman.

6.5/10. Nothing special or terrible.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
John_117

Postby John_117 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:37 am

Otherwise, this episode was much better than the last one, made me laugh multiple times. From seeing Garrison try to show how much of a horrible piece of sh*t he is (ironically not far off the truth), to Randy talking with Stan and Sharon overhearing and calling Randy out. And let's not forget Cartman's and Heidi's last words to each other before the episode ended.

8/10.
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:40 am

[Deleted]
Last edited by JVM on Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
John_117

Postby John_117 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:42 am

JVM wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:I must be the only person who thinks the Heidi and Cartman thing was more friendship. She was inviting him along to a life without social media.
"I don't know what's at the bottom of a vagina."
"Do you want me to show you?"

That implies more than friendship.
Friends could still have benefits ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:44 am

nall wrote:Do you want to see?
Nah, not really. As a matter of fact, I want to UNsee it. But since that is not an option and I don't want to sound like a Negative Nancy or nothing, I'd rather just get schwifty in here. It seems I've had too many of those nasty talking berries, so I really need to squeeze them out of my rear end. Wait for it! Wait for it!! Oh yeah, that's better!!! Because if someone thinks I can digest any of this mess... well, then spank my ass and call me Mr. Bulldops.
John_117

Postby John_117 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:49 am

Big-Will wrote:
JVM wrote:Also, Whole Food is still back. I hope the crew actually shows what it is or otherwise explains it.
South Park on Twitter would like a word with you. :lol:
Reused assets I'm guessing.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:45 am

JVM wrote:That implies more than friendship.
Not for fourth graders. Just sort of a neutral show and tell.

As for the Giant Douche vs. Turn Sandwich for President, 'member when this was the plot before the '04 elections? 'member?

And no matter what Garrison said during the debates in this episode, his popularity increased! Just like in real life :o

While Mrs. Sandwich won the debate on Monday night, Trump is gaining in the polls! Just like on South Park:

http://www.westernjournalism.com/new-po ... andidates/
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:57 am

JVM wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:I must be the only person who thinks the Heidi and Cartman thing was more friendship. She was inviting him along to a life without social media.
"I don't know what's at the bottom of a vagina."
"Do you want me to show you?"

That implies more than friendship.
Only if you're someone who didn't play Doctor as a kid. I'm sure I missed out on a lot of opportunities on playing Doctor when I was a kid, lol, but I knew people who did play. The kids you played with were not necessarily your boyfriends or girlfriends either.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:26 am

lol that ending I was not expecting that another good episode just a shame that we have to wait 2 weeks until the next instalment.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:33 am

My opinion of the episode's drifted downwards over night so far after a rewatch. Hope this story arc ends soon.
KeeperIXX

Postby KeeperIXX » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:10 pm

That was yet another enjoyable episode.

It's weird that my favorite part was the ending, but in a good way.

Makes me wonder how they're gonna follow up that part in the next episode.

I mean, Cartman seeing a girl's privies for the first time? there has to be at least over a dozen jokes you can make with that scenario.

Maybe Heidi will simply show Cartman a book on human reproduction (though that might be too safe by South Park standards), maybe Heidi will resort to taking Cartman somewhere private before straight up pulling her pants down in front of him, I'm beyond curious as to how Cartman would react to something like that happening to him.

And on a slightly unrelated note, I wonder how Wendy and the rest of the girls are doing after the mass-break-up they pulled in the previous episode....

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”