*2007: Oh, Jeez* Post Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

LWBMatt

Re: *2007: Oh, Jeez* Post Air Discussion

Postby LWBMatt » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:51 am

Honestly, I really feel that Cartman and Heidi WON'T make to space.

Do you know why? The ending of Pinewood Derby. The Federation of Planets blocked Earth from the rest of the galaxy.

Although... I think they might have unisolated it, what with Miles Standish being able to crash into Earth. But maybe that was just temporary so they can solve the stuffing crisis? Would that mean that Bradley Biggle/Mint Berry Crunch never actually left Earth?
fluffymystic.deviantart.com - my deviantART
Dharengo

Postby Dharengo » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:44 am

This is the first episode this season that I found very underwhelming.

It's incredibly clear that Stone and Parker bet on the wrong horse and had to make some last minute changes which disrupted the flow of the episode.

The offscreen changing of Garrison into some kind of member-zombie who apparently now have the ability to turn people just by vomiting on them feels like they ran out of explanations for why Garrisson would win the election.

And on that note, everything up til this point feels incredibly pro Clinton, although this might just be due to the episodic nature and things might change.

I was expecting the show to take a more neutral and distanced stance and would just make fun of both sides. Maybe I'm wrong and this will still happen.

Overall, not much actually happened this episode. There were people being disappointed over the elections, Butters is still standing up for his beliefs, while Bill is hinting at some sort of sinister plot that may or may not happen. Gerald was set up but we don't know what's going to happen to him. And we have no idea what's going to happen to Cartman and Heidi. It was just a whole lot nof nothing.
mario88

Postby mario88 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:13 am

the earth blocked off the universe was probably a one-off, non-canon thing. just like the Danes with canadian-like heads.
He is the record!
Foxxy Wolf

Postby Foxxy Wolf » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:33 am

Begin EMERGENCY SOCIAL INTERACTION!!!

F*******KKKKK!!!!!!!
THIS DAMN CAT WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
I'M IN THE PARK... IT'S RUBBING UP AGAINST MY LEG!!!
IT LOOKS LIKE IT HAS SOME SORT OF KITTY CANCER!!!!
UGH!!!!
EW!!!
NO!!!
STOP IT!!!

OH... CRAP... uh... on topic... on topic... on topic...
I LOVED the giraffes running through Fort Collins...
What else... what else... what else...
I'm gonna be really disappointed if the Member Berry vomit is used as a cop out at the end of the season to reset Cartman. Not disappointed enough to stop watching... but like... well... "You're Getting Old" and "Ass Burgers" disappointed.
Have I mentioned I like the new format?

OH!!! OH GOD!!!
IT'S LICKING ME!!!
IT'S LICKING ME!!!!!!!
I'm sober. That means I have no excuses.
FLnarRayya

Postby FLnarRayya » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:07 am

Watching Season 20 a 2nd time and I feel some predictions:
-Kyle and Ike will know what's going on with their father and I feel like Kyle and maybe Sheila will be against him while Ike will
be with Gerald.
-In overall, Heidi, Kyle and Ike have a key to turn south park around.
-Something will happen to Cartman, Heidi will find out he's lying and I'm pretty sure Heidi is using Cartman for an unknown
purpose.
-With Trump as president and Garrison as one of the best characters, I know Garrison won't stay actively president for 4 years.
-The girls VS boys thing will come to an end and it'll be back the way it was.
-They'll find some way to "make us understand membering stuff sucks" by destroying member berries or something like that.

I think the best sources are the fact that the next south park game has to keep some similarity to every south park timeline
(or at least the recent ones, unless it's a big "Member" joke, if it is I doubt it will make the game great) and the usual fallout of
every south park apocalypse.
Eh buddy! I know the Mass Effect reference in my name doesn't make sense here,
but it's my way of showing you what kind of guy I am.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:00 am

triplemultiplex wrote:It doesn't look like they had to do a huge amount of rewriting and reanimating for the unexpected Trump win. A few new bits of dialogue; the opening scene, Gerald meeting HIll-Dawg under the bridge instead of somewhere more official. I can see elements of what it used to be. Like seeing a bank that clearly used to be a Hardees. Gerald was going to get trapped in Denmark and Bill Clinton was going to have his Gentlemen's Club and Fatass was still going to be taking Heidi to SpaceX regardless of the outcome of the election. (The shot of SpaceX at the end is too wonderfully drawn to be a rushed job.)
I couldn't have said that better myself. Except for the beginning, where the actual electoral college votes were displayed, it's as Triple said.

Personally, because the giant douche won, the part with Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby for that matter being in South Park hours after the election makes no sense at all. Bill would be with Mrs. Sandwich in New York hours after the election, not being in South Park, Colorado. This episode had some great elements in it - but they would only work imo if Mrs. Sandwich won the electoral college.
Dharengo wrote:This is the first episode this season that I found very underwhelming.

It's incredibly clear that Stone and Parker bet on the wrong horse and had to make some last minute changes which disrupted the flow of the episode.
I agree completely. Too bad there either wasn't enough time to totally rewrite the episode to go with the flow of Season 20 in light of the election results, or that M&T could have (if only they had the time) to put in the effort to create an alternate script way ahead of time, where the douche won, and if so, the plot of Season 20 would progress the way M&T had envisioned with episode 2001. In other words, in any election, they shouldn't have put all their eggs in one basket, causing this quick fix from "The Very First Gentleman" to "Oh, Jeez" to be disjointed and thereby confusing the flow of Season 20.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:08 pm

I'm just sick of the repetition and lack of individuality since Season 18-19. I'm hoping for less of that next year. I'm always hopeful. And yes this season has had it's good moments but now we're getting toward the end where it's like "ok lets just finish this movie and go" so I no longer have any high expectations here.

But I do hope the best for Eric, Heidi, Gerald
Stan and Kyle :)
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:04 am

After watching this episode again, I would have to give it an 8.2/10, not amazing, but still pretty solid. I sure as fuck hope nothing terrible happens to Heidi though, that is for certain!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:26 am

triplemultiplex wrote:I watched a downloaded copy I wanna know from those who saw the East Coast premiere, did an F-bomb get through to broadcast there at the end of Garrison's acceptance speech?
Yuuuuup. I didn't even notice. I mean sh*t, they're not even blurring Butter's dick. They're getting away with a lot more stuff than I expected... hell, in the past few seasons let alone this one.
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:22 am

Did Stan and Wendy got back together following their scene in Oh, Jeez despite Butter showing up? I need to know now! We never saw Wendy again in the rest of Season 20 after that episode and should of been in the season finale but did she got along with Stan again off screen?
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”